Remove Advertisements

Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Interesting Lore Discussion Thread

Postby Dantriges » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:16 am

alayire wrote:yet you started this "orcs huge amount of hate for the humans" by contrasting it to blood elves dislike of humans.
one is different for you the other is not.

you are empathizing the blood elves because you are looking for reasons to do so, much as you are looking for reasons to hate the orcs. wait .. it's actually orcs hate humans, it's ok to hate them back :P
if you really must insist, the blood elves are not much different from the taurens in their ties to the horde.

I meant the orcs probably dislike/have negative emotions towards/hate the humans more than the Blood Elves. It was a they dislike them more than the others statement. Not more.

And my main, my three currently played toons and well most of my characters are Draenei. If I want to hate orcs and blood elves, I don´t have to because of human/orcs and human/bloodelves relationships.

And well I don´t care so much about Warcraft lore, not at all about PvP and very little about fantasy races in pixelverse to reach the necessary amount of emotional investment to hate a faction or race in WoW. Actually I like roleplaying orcs in my current Pen & Paper RPG.
Dantriges

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 am

Skye1013 wrote:So... if Satyrs end up joining Horde... what would be the Alliance race... Naga?

Murlocs.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Dantriges » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:35 am

If there wasn´t the issue with the silhouettes I would say High Elves. Perhaps they lean in a different direction. :lol:
Dantriges

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 am

I think Naga joining the Horde is more likely than Satyrs - they are already allied with the Blood Elves.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:07 am

Naga were allied with Kael'thas and Illidan; they're not allied with the Horde Blood Elves. Though I guess they would be more likely to go Horde than Alliance.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:06 am

My original hope was that perhaps even just a "tribe" of satyrs joined the Horde. Maybe some tribe already in game, or even better, a tribe we haven't met. They break free of Xavius and realize the folley of their ways. They join the Horde because the Nelves don't trust them, and want to KoS.

For the Alliance, I was thinking about Ogres, though... they are REALLY big.

It is a shame that they want the silhouettes to be so noticeable. I would love to be able to choose Satyr / Ogre and then choose which faction I roll with.

Say.... you have a starting area similar to the Worgen area. Alliance and Horde both rushing in from opposite sides, looking for something other than the race that is there. It would work better with the Satyr, because it could be some thing they need to fend off the legion, and you kill the 'lead' satyr in the final quest, and gain part / half / all of the artifact from killing him, and you can then give it, or have used the help of, the faction that you wish to join. It would be a REALLY cool starting zone, and would introduce incredible player choice.

Personally, I would love this if implemented.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:56 am

centaur? (or horde gets centaur, pissing off the tuaren and they defect to the alliance?)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:58 am

Centaur are stupid.

Satyr = Win
Ogre = ok
Centaur = stupid
Murloc = too stupid
Naga = weird
Shoju

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 am

Shoju wrote:Centaur are stupid.

Satyr = Win
Ogre = ok
Centaur = stupid
Murloc = too stupid
Naga = weird

Panderan to alliance (with Monk hero class) and tell mainland China to get over it.. Panderans can be small Ogres in their version.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Aerron » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:18 am

halabar wrote:Panderan to alliance (with Monk hero class) and tell mainland China to get over it.. Panderans can be small Ogres in their version.

Hell. Yes.
Aerron

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 am

Contrary to popular belief, Mainland China is not what is holding back Pandaren from being in the game.

There are absolutely no laws in China that make this a problem, and there is at least 1 chinese MMORPG, and 1 MMOPvP style game that include Pandas as characters.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 am

Shoju wrote:Contrary to popular belief, Mainland China is not what is holding back Pandaren from being in the game.

There are absolutely no laws in China that make this a problem, and there is at least 1 chinese MMORPG, and 1 MMOPvP style game that include Pandas as characters.

Considering the number of things they ban now.. (time travel, for example... Back to the Future and Terminator are persona non grata..) it wouldn't suprise me if they protested for some reason or another. They really don't need laws.. :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Dantriges » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:41 am

Centaur could be a bit problematic. Don´t know if the game would support clothing for them.
Would the long lower body be a problem then?
Can I wear a second set of boots eh hoofshoes like the draenei?

Would be funny somehow if you had an inbuilt mount or could even carry another guy.
Ogres could be one of the guys from Ogri´la. The others are a bit too slow in their thining process. Would they join the Alliance then? They have a long relationship with ors. No idea if they actually abused them during the wars.
Last edited by Dantriges on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dantriges

Postby Shoju » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:42 am

The Problem with Pandaren is simply a representational issue that culture jammed the race into a venerable Chinese animal, and fuedal japanese stylings.

Panda = Chinese
Samurai culture / weaponry / dress = Japanese.

They have taken steps and measures to correct this, and the Pandaren in game pet is a nice nod to the change, but the pandaren race as illustrated in early warcraft era items would have been offensive, but not illegal.
Shoju

Postby alayire » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:52 am

Shoju wrote:The Problem with Pandaren is simply a representational issue that culture jammed the race into a venerable Chinese animal, and fuedal japanese stylings.

Panda = Chinese
Samurai culture / weaponry / dress = Japanese.

They have taken steps and measures to correct this, and the Pandaren in game pet is a nice nod to the change, but the pandaren race as illustrated in early warcraft era items would have been offensive, but not illegal.

uhm .. I'm a bit confused.
the Pandaren I know of from Warcraft is the Pandaren brew master hero from The Frozen Throne. I simply fail to see how he is a Japanese culture reference when he is a bare knuckle fighting drunken monk? O.o
[edit]Actually .. doesn't he wield a boo stick even?? I'm confusing him a bit with the Panda from Dota and the other Panda from HoN.
Even his outfit really looks Chinese to me, him and his 3 elemental avatars from his ultimate.

maybe I'm missing something here and there were other Pandaren references? O.o
Last edited by alayire on Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
alayire

PreviousNext

Return to General