Remove Advertisements

Mana Issues?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Mana Issues?

Postby Dunkan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:59 am

I have been having mana issues. Anyone else had this? Seem to run out and have to conserve pretty heavily.

Amory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/k ... ana/simple
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Re: Mana Issues?

Postby Aubade » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:32 am

Yeah I've been having issues when laning against any ranged when I'm playing Nocturne. always going oom early game, it's esp bad if someone steals my blue buff.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Dunkan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:14 am

Lol.

Furhter info - on the Twins tonight i did my normal opener -wings/exorcism/avengers/judge and was practically oom after consecrate. Something has change since last week. No one else notice this at all?
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby warden » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:39 am

Dunkan wrote:after consecrate.

I think this might be a major cause of mana issues right here.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Euphoria » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:45 am

Aubade wrote:Yeah I've been having issues when laning against any ranged when I'm playing Nocturne. always going oom early game, it's esp bad if someone steals my blue buff.

Right there with you. Swain is SO mana intensive with his ult that I almost have to have the blue buff or I'll stay about about half mana.
Euphoria

Postby Treck » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:25 am

Dunkan wrote:Furhter info - on the Twins tonight i did my normal opener -wings/exorcism/avengers/judge and was practically oom after consecrate. Something has change since last week. No one else notice this at all?

You prolly wanna avoid using consecrate.
It really doesnt do much damage, but it sucks all your mana.
Also, might not wanna use wings before exo, as thats basicly one and a half sec wasted.
Not to mention that your not in meele of the boss at that time, so a lot more wasted.
Exorcism also sucks a lot of mana.
If your starting from far away start with exo, then judgement then avs (will let you get another tick of judgement mana thingy faster, and you wanna get the 20% attackspeed debuff up asap)
And if you didnt start of with a divine plea, use it right after a shieldslam, that should keep you going.

And keep your fingers off the frekkin consecration.
If you really need a filler (smth you hardly need these days anyway) eather use holy wrath, or use talented consecration.
I rather just "waste" a GCD than use consecration in many cases, as i know if i would to use it, i might have to "waste" a lot more GCDs later as i would go oom.
Treck

Postby Dunkan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks for the thoughts guys, however I am posting this as this is new. Until this week I have not had this issue with my opening rotation.

I have had stuff all luck in drops from bosses, so my gear has not changed either.

I'll check my logs for more info. If other people had been having this issue it may have pointed to a bug.

Cheers
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Treck » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:55 pm

Theres been no hotfix/change that would affect this.
Maybe your raid didnt have int buff? forgot other buffs?
I dont know, but it really isnt a problem, unless your using consecration and/or Holy radiance a lot.
Treck

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:54 pm

There is no need to use consecrate for a single target pull unless you are overflowing with mana. You could adjsut your rotation to judge earlier to get replenishment going before you use all of those intensive casts. Failing to cast Judgment often enough can be a serious mana drain. Presonally, I almost never use exorcism as prot. Love it as a proc for Ret, or Holy Exodin spec.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Mannstein » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:21 am

Hrobertgar wrote: Presonally, I almost never use exorcism as prot. Love it as a proc for Ret, or Holy Exodin spec.

I understand, last week i had a situation i thinked "i could cast exorcism now"... and i proceed to put it back on my non-keybinded bar space... since that day, i casted it about ... hum... 0 times...

To the OP, My openers are:
Single target (i.e. Halfus HC, Tank the Boss) -
5,4,Divine Plea,3,Wings,2,1 Judgement, Shield of Rig(something). start normal rotation (i.e. no Exorcism, no Consecrate)

AOE (i.e. Halfus HC, little dragons duty) -
5,4,Divine plea,3,Wings,2,Inquisition,1, Hammer, Consecrate,Hammer...
I can't recall losing agroo for an DPS on the pull, and i can remember only losing a Warlock to the whelps, so no one important... :D

(the number's are the count down We do for boss pulls)

If someone can share better opener, i'l much apreciate :D
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Aubade » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Mannstein wrote:
Hrobertgar wrote: Presonally, I almost never use exorcism as prot. Love it as a proc for Ret, or Holy Exodin spec.

I understand, last week i had a situation i thinked "i could cast exorcism now"... and i proceed to put it back on my non-keybinded bar space... since that day, i casted it about ... hum... 0 times...

To the OP, My openers are:
Single target (i.e. Halfus HC, Tank the Boss) -
5,4,Divine Plea,3,Wings,2,1 Judgement, Shield of Rig(something). start normal rotation (i.e. no Exorcism, no Consecrate)

AOE (i.e. Halfus HC, little dragons duty) -
5,4,Divine plea,3,Wings,2,Inquisition,1, Hammer, Consecrate,Hammer...
I can't recall losing agroo for an DPS on the pull, and i can remember only losing a Warlock to the whelps, so no one important... :D

(the number's are the count down We do for boss pulls)

If someone can share better opener, i'l much apreciate :D

5,4,3,2 Exo , 1, Go, normal rotation.

Using wings before you get any stacks of vengance is a complete waste, and using it before you never touch the boss is also a complete waste.

DP is completely unneeded, I had it on my bars when I still played and I used it all of 3-4 times max, only to get INQ on AoE targets that's about it.
Aubade

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:27 am

Perhaps you recently glyphed out of Ascetic Crusader and didn't realize you were used to it? It's fairly easy to run into mana issues on certain fights without it. The standard rotation is barely sustainable without that glyph, limiting the fillers you can use when few Sanctuary procs are available. Speaking of Sanctuary (not that this is going to have much effect), why are you reforging dodge into parry when your parry rating is 700 higher?

Consecration right after Exorcism is a no-no as well. You should put 1/2 in Hallowed Ground if you intend to use it as a frequent filler, 2/2 if you want to always be able to use it without worrying about mana. Whether that's actually a good idea or not is questionable, but I've been happy with running 2/2 on add fights.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sixcore » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:57 pm

I think I know what your problem is. A recent change has made it so that you don't gain mana back from Judgement if you miss. As a result, Prot Paladin's typically low hit rating has become a burden on our mana bar whenever we aren't gaining significant mana from Sanctuary. I don't know if this is the case for Seal of Insight's Judgement effect, but our Judgements of the Wise mana gains have been severly diminished.

Edit: I just tested it, and if your Judgment misses, you dont get mana from Judgement of the Wise or Judgment of Insight. This is likely the root of any mana issues you recently discovered, because this was not the case at the beginning of 4.1 (to the best of my knowledge).
Sixcore

Postby Flex » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:33 pm

Pretty sure Judgement has always behaved that way.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Flex wrote:Pretty sure Judgement has always behaved that way.

Correct me if I'm wrong since I've stopped reading updates etc etc. But aren't they supposed to be fixing this next patch?
Aubade

Next

Return to General