So i talked to a tankadin mt..

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

So i talked to a tankadin mt..

Postby osgar » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:28 am

..on my server today. He was crushable, however, he said he is the MT of his guild and tanks every boss in kara on a regular basis. He talked about it like his crushability didn't make much difference on raid healers. So does his raid have elite healing or is uncrushable overrated pre-gruuls?
Image
osgar
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:54 pm

Postby Sereen » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:32 am

Up until about half way through Kara, uncrushability isn't as important. Once you get to prince, you had damn well better be there.
Image
Image
Sereen
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:37 am
Location: Australia

Postby Gerilith » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:35 am

Even at prince you do need it for phase 2 only...which ist fairly easy to reach because auf DW.

As long as you have enough HP and armor, you can give a shit on crushings in kara. You will even need them for managain.

But that's from an overgeared perspective, though.
User avatar
Gerilith
 
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:21 am
Location: Germany

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:38 am

Well i sometime intentionally not use Holy Shield in some kara bosses because i go oom and need to get some mana.

However, in almost everything after Kara, you will not survive a crushing blow.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Oramac » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:41 am

Worldie wrote:Well i sometime intentionally not use Holy Shield in some kara bosses because i go oom and need to get some mana.

However, in almost everything after Kara, you will not survive a crushing blow.


yea. i've purposefully taken a crushing on Attumen, Moroes, and Curator just to get mana back. always tell the healers first though. else they get kinda scared.

past those guys though, he'd better be uncrushable. especially for prince and bane.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Afraithe » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:04 am

Instead of intentionally taking crushing blow, gear up with more spelldamage gear instead, it usually have +int and some stamina on it. Switch out rings/back/tinkets first (make sure u remain uncrittable).
Image
Afraithe
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:21 am

Postby Garwin » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:07 am

I see it like gambleing, you look at the odds, see what cards are on the table (how hard he's hitting you) look at your own hand (healer mana, incomming heals, your hp's, your mana) and then you decide if your willing see the flop

2 k normal hits after armour, no personal mana, several heals comming in on you, got over 10k's worth of hp's atm I'd see atumans or moroses hand any day of the week.

prince in phase 2 ? maybe not .. he's a bit card sharp
Garwin
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 2:45 am

Postby ticklefist » Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:58 am

Yeah, I've actually turned my back to mobs to take the extra damage.
User avatar
ticklefist
 
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:32 am

Postby Viskahn » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:23 am

last night on A'lar i used LoH when at full health, just to get me back to 900 mana, i was completely oom.
Viskahn
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:00 am

Postby Oramac » Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:55 am

Garwin wrote:I see it like gambleing, you look at the odds, see what cards are on the table (how hard he's hitting you) look at your own hand (healer mana, incomming heals, your hp's, your mana) and then you decide if your willing see the flop

2 k normal hits after armour, no personal mana, several heals comming in on you, got over 10k's worth of hp's atm I'd see atumans or moroses hand any day of the week.

prince in phase 2 ? maybe not .. he's a bit card sharp


this is exactly what im talkin about. just look at as many variables as you can and decide if its worth the extra mana. sometimes it is. others it most certainly is not.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac
 
Posts: 724
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:16 am

Postby Worldie » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:03 am

Viskahn wrote:last night on A'lar i used LoH when at full health, just to get me back to 900 mana, i was completely oom.


After our first Al'Ar kill i told to the RL "I'm not going to do this fight again unless i have a shadow priest in party".
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13661
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:33 am

Worldie wrote:
Viskahn wrote:last night on A'lar i used LoH when at full health, just to get me back to 900 mana, i was completely oom.


After our first Al'Ar kill i told to the RL "I'm not going to do this fight again unless i have a shadow priest in party".



Would ya take a resto shaman? :D Or not realistic due to distance? (Don't know the fight at all)
Come 2.3 I think I'll be pushing 75ish mp5 from mana spring, hrm, really should jump on the ptr.
--edit, not allowed to toon copy any more:(

ok yeah I'm bored waiting for wow to come back, sue me.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit
 
Posts: 2184
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:37 am

Postby Dragonzbane » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:04 pm

Worldie wrote:
Viskahn wrote:last night on A'lar i used LoH when at full health, just to get me back to 900 mana, i was completely oom.


After our first Al'Ar kill i told to the RL "I'm not going to do this fight again unless i have a shadow priest in party".


We got our first Al'ar kill last night and I'm pretty sure I never got below 3000 mana and when I did I popped a Nethergon pot.

Maybe we use a different strat or different gear setups?
Image
Dragonzbane
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:58 am
Location: In the Forums, stirring the pot.

Postby Dorvan » Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:08 pm

Sometimes I eat add explosions in phase 1 simply to get mana back. I'm taking virtually no damage side from that so my healer doesn't really care. I've never really run into mana issues in phase 2.
User avatar
Dorvan
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8462
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:28 pm

Postby Invisusira » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:21 pm

In Kara, crushability is trivial. Now, for Prince and Nightbane, you're going to need some luck on your side if you're crushable. But it's still doable without it.

Not advisable.

But doable. I actually 2h tanked prince through stage 3 the other night... (by accident! I hit the 1h/2h swap button instead of holy shield; I was tired -_-)

Sounds like the pally is too lazy/caught up in +sta to gear properly.
User avatar
Invisusira
Moderator
 
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:23 pm
Location: alt-tabbed

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest