Blizzcon 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Blizzcon 2011

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 25, 2011 8:23 pm

I just booked our flights out there. I might be a tad over-excited.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Wed May 25, 2011 8:25 pm

I'll be there this year.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm

Sweet, got in on the second round, so my wife and I will be attending our first BlizzCon!

djlar wrote:I don't get this about tickets on ebay:

Name(s) of the attendees
Character name
Battle.net account

NO INTERNATIONAL BIDDERS. NO EXCEPTION TO THIS

Why do you need both char name and Bnet account?

Why the international bidder ban? at least from this seller..

That's the information you need to have entered by June 10th in order to claim the ticket at BlizzCon. Not sure why they wouldn't accept international bidders, might be an issue with the photo IDs or something. Are there normally special purchasing rules for international attendees?
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby sahiel » Thu May 26, 2011 12:49 am

Glad you guys and gal(s) got tickets this time round! :D

Sounds like there's quite a few of us going to be there this year, maybe we'll manage a better organised meetup than me and Mew randomly bumping into each other and then stumbling, ever so slightly tipsily, around the Hilton after party looking for Vanifae! :D
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu May 26, 2011 6:00 am

I updated my original post to include a list of Maitankadin attendees. So far we've got 12 people from the board (that I know of) that are are going.

Is everyone interested in a proper meetup? And if so, what day would work best? I was thinking the Thursday night before, but I don't know if that's too hectic and when people are arriving, etc.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu May 26, 2011 8:46 pm

Thursday sounds good to me, we're making plans for Sunday.
PsiVen

Postby sahiel » Thu May 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Thursday would work well for us I think, we'll be collecting tickets in the afternoon when the lines open but other than that we're just hanging out, Sunday is Disney then possibly Knotts farm haunted house (they rocked last year!)
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri May 27, 2011 4:46 am

just so we're clear Psiven I expect you to be rockin the armor your avatar is wearing
Invisusira

Postby PsiVen » Fri May 27, 2011 6:26 am

HOOOOOOOOOLY DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVERRRRRRRR

There's a chance I'll be wearing this. A small one though.
PsiVen

Postby theckhd » Fri May 27, 2011 7:08 am

Invisusira wrote:just so we're clear Psiven I expect you to be rockin the armor your avatar is wearing

You better hope he doesn't hold you to the same standard!

Re: meet-up, Thursday should be fine for me, I haven't planned flights yet.

It just dawned on me that there's almost a 100% chance that by BlizzCon, I'll be Dr. Theck. Scary.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nikachelle » Fri May 27, 2011 7:12 am

theckhd wrote:It just dawned on me that there's almost a 100% chance that by BlizzCon, I'll be Dr. Theck. Scary.

You already were in our eyes!

Is there anyone familiar enough with the area that can recommend a good place to eat/drink for us all? (And possibly make reservations?)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri May 27, 2011 8:46 am

theckhd wrote: It just dawned on me that there's almost a 100% chance that by BlizzCon, I'll be Dr. Theck. Scary.

why do you think we say "Paging Dr. Theck, Please report to the Theorycraft room STAT!" :twisted:
edit: spelling is hard

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby ack » Fri May 27, 2011 11:12 am

Nikachelle wrote:Is there anyone familiar enough with the area that can recommend a good place to eat/drink for us all? (And possibly make reservations?)

Garden Walk nearby has many restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, Bubba Gump, PF Chang's, CPK) but IMO they're not the best for large groups of people and somewhat pricey.

For our guild meeting last year we met at a sports bar couple blocks away from the convention center. The atmosphere was pretty good as there were plenty of room and not too loud that we can't hear people talk. They did mess up the food order though.

BTW, for ticket pick ups on Thursday, much better to do it towards the end of the night. The line is horrendous otherwise.
Ackini of Paragon, Frostmane.
ack
Maintankadonor

Postby Arianne » Fri May 27, 2011 12:30 pm

I'll be at Blizzcon and would like to attend a get together to listen to people talk about paladin stuffs. :)
Arianne

Postby Thalia » Sat May 28, 2011 12:36 am

Aergis and I might be going again this year...we didn't make the Q's but I think Ack might have two extras he will sell to us.

It's always nice and fun, especially for us because I grew up and lived 15 minutes away from the convention center, plus we get Disney yearly passes, so we can hit up Disney. It feels like going home every time we go to Cali, though I can only stand it for about a week or two then I remember why I moved away from (smog, expensive, traffic).

Staying close to Anaheim is great though, the beach is only about 20 mins away, you can even take Harbor Ave, which is close to the convention center, west all the way until you hit the ocean, that would take about 40 mins though cuz of traffic lights. If you take the 5 north to the 101 you can get to Hollywood and Beverly Hills and see all the stuff, though I'd skip out on Hollywood its a junk bowl.

Hope everyone has a great time.
Thalia

PreviousNext

Return to General