Blizzcon 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Blizzcon 2011

Postby Shathus » Fri May 13, 2011 7:36 am

valura wrote:BTW, prices have gone up for the 2nd year in a row, from $150 to $175, so I guess the tickets scalpers will make an even bigger profit this year.

I hope they adjust the requirements to buy the tickets, and require an actual bNet account to purchase them, instead of the catered-to-scalpers-thing from last year, where everyone could buy them, and you only needed a bNet to actually personalize them (for which you got a 30 days timeframe).

I was pissed off bigtime when I couldn't get a ticket, but saw them up on eBay 5 minutes after they were sold out for $500+ without ever knowing if it was a scam or the genuine product.

Pretty sure you had to have a b.net account last year too. Or maybe that was just to register AFTER you bought the tickets. Either way, I don't think it would do any good, I thought you can still create a b.net account for free online, regardless of if you have any of the games.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri May 13, 2011 8:21 am

IIRC your bnet account had to be 30 days old in order to purchase tickets on it.

Our guild is probably not going to blizzcon this year; we're going do a PPV meet up at my place instead. Which is a bit unfortunate because I have an incredible idea for this year's nameplates.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri May 13, 2011 8:30 am

My entire guild's overseas so I'm pretty much guaranteed that none of them will be able to turn up. Sad face.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Fri May 13, 2011 9:18 am

fuzzygeek wrote:IIRC your bnet account had to be 30 days old in order to purchase tickets on it.

Our guild is probably not going to blizzcon this year; we're going do a PPV meet up at my place instead. Which is a bit unfortunate because I have an incredible idea for this year's nameplates.

/sadface

zZqs nameplates will be missed!
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Arianne » Fri May 13, 2011 12:02 pm

When you do refresh and get the page to show up, make sure to just hit checkout so that you get into the queue. You can adjust the number of tickets and other stuff when you get to the front of the queue.
Arianne

Postby Devistasion » Wed May 18, 2011 5:21 am

I will be watching online. unfortunately I has no moniez to get me there.
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 18, 2011 6:13 am

Watching online was really nice last year. It let you skip around to all the different shows going on at the same time and the quality was pretty astounding. Plus you could watch stuff later that you'd missed out on before.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Watching online was really nice last year. It let you skip around to all the different shows going on at the same time and the quality was pretty astounding. Plus you could watch stuff later that you'd missed out on before.

Best of all, I bet the streams will get added to http://warpprism.com/ so I'll actually watch them.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Chasey » Thu May 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Would love to attend one of these but not this year. I guess I plan on watching streams thou.
Chasey

Postby Nikachelle » Fri May 20, 2011 6:19 am

fafhrd wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Watching online was really nice last year. It let you skip around to all the different shows going on at the same time and the quality was pretty astounding. Plus you could watch stuff later that you'd missed out on before.

Best of all, I bet the streams will get added to http://warpprism.com/ so I'll actually watch them.

TBH, the clarity of being able to watch it online is really nice. I figure I won't even be able to see/hear half as much while actually AT Blizzcon... but I figure it's an event I should probably see at least once.

Although I'm really curious about all those neckbeard heathens I saw on the stream last time. Wonder what they're actually like in person.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Fri May 20, 2011 6:54 am

Nikachelle wrote:
fafhrd wrote:

TBH, the clarity of being able to watch it online is really nice. I figure I won't even be able to see/hear half as much while actually AT Blizzcon... but I figure it's an event I should probably see at least once.

Although I'm really curious about all those neckbeard heathens I saw on the stream last time. Wonder what they're actually like in person.

All I know is that while waiting in line that Thursday to get the passes/goodie-bags, the smell was AWFUL. 20,000 nerds crammed together in a tight space in a humid underground room.... bleck
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Fri May 20, 2011 6:57 am

Oh dear god. I hadn't thought of the body odour issue and I have a retardedly oversensitive nose.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri May 20, 2011 6:59 am

SOAP, MOTHERFUCKER DO YOU SPEAK IT
Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Fri May 20, 2011 7:03 am

I get the feeling I'm going to my nose buried in your shirt for a lot of the event.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Fri May 20, 2011 7:06 am

who says I'm wearing a shirt
Invisusira

PreviousNext

Return to General