Blizzcon 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Blizzcon 2011

Postby Nikachelle » Thu May 12, 2011 8:52 am

Looks like tickets are on sale May 21 and 25, event date is October 21st and 22nd.

Anyone planning on going?

We were planning on actually getting tickets this year (as we've never attended before)... just how hard is it to get them? I'm worried they'll sell out before I even manage to enter my credit card number.

Edit:
Confirmed Maintankadin Attendees (as of August 16, 2011)

- Absalom
- Ack
- Anafielle
- Arianne
- Firas
- Halabar
- Invisusira
- Meloree
- Mew
- Nikachelle
- Phonic
- PsiVen
- Sahiel
- Theckhd
- Vanifae
Last edited by Nikachelle on Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:11 am, edited 6 times in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: Blizzcon 2011

Postby bldavis » Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 am

i would love to go, but i have classes then
i will prob watch it online though

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shathus » Thu May 12, 2011 9:26 am

Nikachelle wrote:Looks like tickets are on sale May 21 and 25, event date is October 21st and 22nd.

Anyone planning on going?

We were planning on actually getting tickets this year (as we've never attended before)... just how hard is it to get them? I'm worried they'll sell out before I even manage to enter my credit card number.

If i remember correctly, once you're able to click the 'Add to cart' button or whatever it is, and get out of the queue, you'll have time to enter all your info and the tickets are reserved for you.

Basically around the time the tickets go on sale, just start spamming F5 on your browser for the blizzcon page and start a couple minutes before the official sale start to be sure heh, then just hope you get in early is my advice. Got our 2 last year on the first sale day.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Thu May 12, 2011 10:04 am

What Shathus said basically. If you get through the queue you have 15 mins to purchase so no worries there, it's just a spam refresh fest beforehand to try and get a good place in the queue at the start that matters.

Hopefully we'll be going again this year, even if we don't manage to get tickets chances are we'll go to do Disney and hang out with guild members and friends (and laugh at Ghostcrawler getting shitfaced as usual :D )
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Thu May 12, 2011 1:28 pm

I'm planning on attending this year, if I can get tickets.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Amirya » Thu May 12, 2011 1:33 pm

If all goes well, I will not be attending as I hope to be back in school.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu May 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Well if enough of you are going I'll find a hip or laid-back place for us to meet-up, or simply a place in walking distance, as the gang desires..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 12, 2011 2:09 pm

I'd go if getting a US visa didn't result in being treated like I'm applying for a job at the Pentagon.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Nikachelle » Thu May 12, 2011 2:33 pm

fafhrd wrote:I'd go if getting a US visa didn't result in being treated like I'm applying for a job at the Pentagon.

What's wrong with getting a passport?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu May 12, 2011 2:34 pm

halabar wrote:Well if enough of you are going I'll find a hip or laid-back place for us to meet-up, or simply a place in walking distance, as the gang desires..

Sounds good to me.

We're planning (assuming we get tickets) to get down there Wednesday night... and probably stay the following week as neither of us have ever been to California.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 12, 2011 2:43 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
fafhrd wrote:I'd go if getting a US visa didn't result in being treated like I'm applying for a job at the Pentagon.

I have a passport. It's unfortunately not from one of the small number of countries with a visa waiver agreement with the US.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby halabar » Thu May 12, 2011 3:28 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

I have a passport. It's unfortunately not from one of the small number of countries with a visa waiver agreement with the US.

I understand the pain. We can't get my wife's sister a visa to visit from Thailand.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Epimer » Fri May 13, 2011 5:28 am

In my head, going to Blizzcon would be like stepping into the middle of trade chat - but in real life.

:S
Epimer

Postby valura » Fri May 13, 2011 6:40 am

BTW, prices have gone up for the 2nd year in a row, from $150 to $175, so I guess the tickets scalpers will make an even bigger profit this year.

I hope they adjust the requirements to buy the tickets, and require an actual bNet account to purchase them, instead of the catered-to-scalpers-thing from last year, where everyone could buy them, and you only needed a bNet to actually personalize them (for which you got a 30 days timeframe).

I was pissed off bigtime when I couldn't get a ticket, but saw them up on eBay 5 minutes after they were sold out for $500+ without ever knowing if it was a scam or the genuine product.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Nikachelle » Fri May 13, 2011 6:42 am

Epimer wrote:In my head, going to Blizzcon would be like stepping into the middle of trade chat - but in real life.

:S

And the bonus is that you actually get to whack them over the head when they say stupid shit.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General