Remove Advertisements

4.2 PTR discussion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.2 PTR discussion

Postby boneyjellyfish » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 pm

I left Garona for Wyrmrest Accord when the free server transfers came out. From launch to when I left there was no horde presence on that server whatsoever.
boneyjellyfish

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:51 pm

What do they do for belf wimminz out there :o?
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Darielle » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:55 pm

fafhrd wrote:What do they do for belf wimminz out there :o?

Well, it only takes 1 "Male" Belf to fill that requirement.
Darielle

Postby theckhd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:05 pm

exiledknight wrote:
theckhd wrote:I am 100% in support of this, because it gets more of my rings in circulation. :P

lol, however what are your thoughts on the stats they put on it?

Well, I'd obviously prefer it didn't have hit given our current gearing priorities. But there's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

The odd thing in my mind is that the reputation ring is almost identically itemized - both are dodge/hit, but the rep ring is slightly better because of the gem slot. Since the valor ring is dodge/mastery, we'll probably be using the valor and rep rings. It would have been nice to have a third option, like parry/mastery or even mastery/hit.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Vort » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:09 pm

theckhd wrote:
exiledknight wrote:
theckhd wrote:I am 100% in support of this, because it gets more of my rings in circulation. :P

lol, however what are your thoughts on the stats they put on it?

Well, I'd obviously prefer it didn't have hit given our current gearing priorities. But there's that saying about looking a gift horse in the mouth.

The odd thing in my mind is that the reputation ring is almost identically itemized - both are dodge/hit, but the rep ring is slightly better because of the gem slot. Since the valor ring is dodge/mastery, we'll probably be using the valor and rep rings. It would have been nice to have a third option, like parry/mastery or even mastery/hit.

Long gone are the days of multiple gear options. We have a BiS for practically everything and the only thing we swap out 'regularly' are our Trinkets. Remember when there were BiS single items but you wanted a set bonus? I liked the 8/8 sets in Vanilla, they added an interesting gear evaluation since you couldn't just go 8/8 of your set and be optimal (most of the time). Single offset pieces might have been superior in certain circumstances, but quite often you wanted the set bonus of your tier be it 2/4/6 and in rare cases 8.

It was also nice having different pieces entirely for different fights. Not in the gearing up sense for some things but more for the general purpose of it all. You could gear accordingly to what fights you were doing, the only thing I've been swapping in this tier has been my trinkets and my shoulders for 4 piece tier bonus when I need that extra cooldown duration. Every other item has remained as the best item I have for that slot without any other option.

I agree with you Theck, some choice certainly would be nice rather than just THIS and THIS and THIS are BiS no exceptions. I can't comment on how WotLK was like with this, but Vanilla certainly had more choice, and BC to an extent also.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby RedAces » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:13 pm

@Vort: I have 3 different gear sets
- full CTC for Chimaeron, every nonheroic Boss
- full HP for Halfus, V&T, AC, Maloriak (as Boss tank), Alakir, Conclave
- mixed set for every other boss
RedAces

Postby Vort » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 pm

Perhaps I never had the option of multiple pieces due to 10H drops being demented. I had one gear set for everything (bar trinkets and shoulders) because I didn't have any remote options ever drop. Even my trinkets were limited to Alchemist stone and Mirror/Riddle for almost everything because we never saw the Magmaw trinket after 30 odd kills, or the boots for that matter. I only ever altered my tier piece shoulders out for the extra wall duration, and it took me months of Cho'gall to get them. I'm in a 25H guild right now but we're not trying to do cleared content and just focusing on Cho'gall heroic before 4.2, so maybe in Firelands I may see some changes.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby Moira » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm

Some of my sistrine have taken it upon themselves to attach tails and apply face and body make-up using extractions from Mana Thistle.
Moira Thaurissan <Dark Iron Representative>
In time, my son shall rule the Dark Irons and perhaps all Ironforge as well.
Moira

Postby Jeremoot » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:12 pm

I just /whistle at Draenei doing dailies until one of them follows me home.
Jeremoot

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Jeremoot wrote:

Yeah we're pretty easy ^_^

Sometimes one needs the twig-like goodness of a belf lass though.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Amshel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:30 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Jeremoot wrote:

Yeah we're pretty easy ^_^

Sometimes one needs the twig-like goodness of a belf lass though.

I like your hat.
Amshel

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Why thank y... OH DEAR GOD A MALE ELF /flee
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Amshel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:41 pm

Amshel

Postby sherck » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:03 am

Vort wrote:Long gone are the days of multiple gear options...[SNIP]

Is that not the truth? I am pretty bummed that the Intellect plate selection in 4.2 are so limited:

Head: 2 options with the Tier (prob requiring token) being BiS; non-Tier has Mastery
Neck: 3 options with Spirit/Mastery, Spirit/Mastery, Haste/Mastery so really only 2 options
Shoulders: 2 options with the Tier (prob requiring token) being BiS; non-Tier has Mastery
Back: 1 viable option from Avengers of Hyjal rep
Chest: 2 options with non-Tier being BiS
Wrists: 2 options with VP being BiS
Hands: WOW, 3 options with crafting being BiS
Waist: 1 viable option from Avengers of Hyjal rep
Legs: 2 options with Tier being BiS
Feet: 2 options with crafted being BiS
Shield: 1 option
Weapon: Well, there are 2 drops that have Spirit on them but there are also 2 swords with Hit/Haste on them that I would equip if no Mage or Lock needed it. So, largest option choice here.
Rings: 2 options with the Avengers rep one being BiS and the VP one being 2nd BiS
Relic: 1 option from VP
Trinket: 3 options with the Avengers rep one being a distant, distant 3rd option (static Spirit stat instead of Intellect stat)

So, for most slots, you get either a Tier or non-Tier choice. Only 1 Intellect shield in tier. Only 1 belt. Only 2 ring choices (and you need both of them).

Not that it really means much, but on the PTR Wowhead last night, it listed at the 378 item level:

Intellect Plate = 16 gear pieces
Intellect Mail = 20 gear pieces
Intellect Leather = 20 gear pieces
Intellect Cloth = 32 gear pieces (and no, this does not count Cloaks)

Yes, I know that for cloth, they need different Hit and Spirit drops plus some without either for viability. But for Mail and Leather and Plate, all Intellect based specs can use identical gear so why do they get 4 more pieces to choose from that Holy Paladins do?

Neither here nor there; it is what it is. However, I remember Tier-7 fondly in that you wanted to run a mix of 10-man and 25-man because some of the Item Level 200 pieces were superior due to itemization than the Item Level 213 pieces. I kept a bunch of gear to mix and match that tier. That has all gone by the wayside.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby boneyjellyfish » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:13 am

What I can't stand about gearing up for holy is how frequently I find gear that's apparently only for shockadins. I mean, what's up with DPS caster plate?
boneyjellyfish

PreviousNext

Return to General