4.2 PTR discussion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.2 PTR discussion

Postby chippydip » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:35 am

halabar wrote:Since when is a daily grind fun past the first 3 days?..

At least they are using the BH model where you get a random selection of quests each day. Should reign in the tedium at least a bit of having to do the dailies for 30+ days to complete the unlocks.
chippydip

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:35 am

Flex wrote:Well anyone who leveled in Vash at all did it wrong as it provided nothing remotely on par with leveling through Hyjal.

:/

I liked Vash'jr more than Hyjal.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:42 am

Nikachelle wrote:You're only making it a "must play every day" situation because you want to play the auction house. That's not Blizzard's fault. Dailies are there for you to progress at your own leisure. You, and not them, are putting your own emphasis on what you want out of this game.

But for my former BS that would be the only real reason to go there. I'll be doing it on my hunter already, I don't need to see that content from another toon's perspective.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby cerwillis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 am

chippydip wrote:

At least they are using the BH model where you get a random selection of quests each day. Should reign in the tedium at least a bit of having to do the dailies for 30+ days to complete the unlocks.

It's still just more daily quests. Another round of minigames that teach you nothing about how to play the game at a high level and the only risk of death is if you afk to go get a beer, use the bathroom, watch a 30 minute TV show and then you might be dead if you're a clothie.

I did the tournament for titles and money, but honestly the daily formula got old for me on the isle of QQ. At least those quests were somewhat challenging at times.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:44 am

chippydip wrote:

I'd like it more if I could do a week's worth of quests in 2 or 3 days. Never bothered getting the rep with BH, only had time for those dailies 1 or 2 days a week.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 am

You also only have to do about half (maybe 2/3rds) of Hyjal to recover the Regrowth area where the entracne is.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:00 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Flex wrote:Well anyone who leveled in Vash at all did it wrong as it provided nothing remotely on par with leveling through Hyjal.

:/

I liked Vash'jr more than Hyjal.

Kill Naga, Collect Food
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:02 am

cerwillis wrote:It's still just more daily quests. Another round of minigames that teach you nothing about how to play the game at a high level and the only risk of death is if you afk to go get a beer, use the bathroom, watch a 30 minute TV show and then you might be dead if you're a clothie.

There are several bosses you have to defeat that have gimmicks you must do to be victorious/gain achievements, like avoiding the fire.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby cerwillis » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:07 am

Flex wrote:
cerwillis wrote:It's still just more daily quests. Another round of minigames that teach you nothing about how to play the game at a high level and the only risk of death is if you afk to go get a beer, use the bathroom, watch a 30 minute TV show and then you might be dead if you're a clothie.

There are several bosses you have to defeat that have gimmicks you must do to be victorious/gain achievements, like avoiding the fire.

That would be refreshing, not specifically dying during questing, but a reason to pay attention perhaps.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Mukat » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:25 am

Well, I for one am more than looking forward to invading an elemental plane for reasons of conquest moreso than preventing the world from inevitably imploding. I'm also going to enjoy the new pets (achievement and grind-related), Mylune's Call, the fiery hippogryph, and other flavor items. I'll also be able to help a friend of mine gear up with those BS patterns. He's not a very good player, and altoholism and heroic grinding may be all he's able to accomplish in the end, so those weapons will be a major blessing for him until the next tier of 5-mans comes out. So, in my opinion, new content is good content, and I'll save all the groaning for next month when im tired of doing everything.
Mukat

Postby Holyblaze » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 am

Mukat wrote:Well, I for one am more than looking forward to invading an elemental plane for reasons of conquest moreso than preventing the world from inevitably imploding. I'm also going to enjoy the new pets (achievement and grind-related), Mylune's Call, the fiery hippogryph, and other flavor items. I'll also be able to help a friend of mine gear up with those BS patterns. He's not a very good player, and altoholism and heroic grinding may be all he's able to accomplish in the end, so those weapons will be a major blessing for him until the next tier of 5-mans comes out. So, in my opinion, new content is good content, and I'll save all the groaning for next month when im tired of doing everything.

This! It all gets old in the end!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby fafhrd » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 am

Shoju wrote:Yes, it is filler gear, but that doesn't mean that the patterns wont make gear that sells for gold, or that the mount can be obtained some other way.

As repgrinds to unlock a pattern to make money with or a mount go, this one is a completely trivial one. No idea why you feel the need to bitch about it.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:38 am

I am astounded by the amount of people complaining about having to go back to finish a lvl 80 questing area and the amount of people who complained that there wasn't enough content to people who couldn't/didn't want to raid.

Hilarious.
Teranoid

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:40 am

Teranoid wrote:I am astounded by the amount of people complaining about having to go back to finish a lvl 80 questing area and the amount of people who complained that there wasn't enough content to people who couldn't/didn't want to raid.

Hilarious.

Are these the same people?

Are they talking about finishing the content for the first time, or finishing it for the Nth time on an Nth alt?
Digren

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am

As Flex said you don't even have to finish the entire zone.

Seriously you're going to bitch about spending what is literally 2 hours blowing through 60-80 quests to unlock it? Have fun then.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General