Remove Advertisements

4.2 PTR discussion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.2 PTR discussion

Postby Gerunna » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:33 am

halabar wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I meant it wouldn't be a big enough deal for you even to need to do it. It's gap-filler gear that's lower ilevel than the raid drops, and it's completely unconnected to Firelands.

People that need to do Hyjal + the new dailies and faction...

Blacksmiths: 8+ new weapon patterns
Engineering Hunters: Scope will be good, gun is ok..
Hunters: New pets are available in phases there, so need to go far with it to see them all
Non-raiders: Good gear if you aren't raiding

People who don't need to do it:

Any raider that isn't a BS or an engineer/hunter

Don't forget that leatherworkers are getting patterns for 36 slot inscription and mining bags. I expect those will be pretty good money makers.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 am

Pyrea wrote:
Mukat wrote:
halabar wrote:snip

Isn't it enough to do the dailies for money or story purposes? Maybe just to enjoy playing the game?

What is this? Doing stuff because it is fun? Silence the heretics!

:)

Since when is a daily grind fun past the first 3 days?..

But like I said, it's really the thought of doing it on multiple toons... uggh.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 am

halabar wrote:I'm also annoyed that they are again catering to those that can play every day, and anyone else with RL commitments get screwed. If I was leveling my BS first, I'd be a month late, and miss out on the big benefit of getting those patterns.

Having better gear from raids is catering to those that raid.

Such a BS argument.

The daily system is in place exactly for those that can't play every day or have hectic schedules that they can't commit to anything in game. It is a structured obtainable goal easily achieved by anyone.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 am

Gerunna wrote:Don't forget that leatherworkers are getting patterns for 36 slot inscription and mining bags. I expect those will be pretty good money makers.

And someone gets the JC bag pattern. If the botters come back, not sure those mining bags will sell that well.

halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 am

halabar wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Are people in here seriously complaining about having new content to explore?

Wow.

No, complaining about a new daily grind. "Go kill 12 hellhounds, 16 lava spiders, 8 raging fire elementals every day for a month... along with everyone else fighting for those same mobs"

Because this game has never done that before. :shock:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:38 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:I'm also annoyed that they are again catering to those that can play every day, and anyone else with RL commitments get screwed. If I was leveling my BS first, I'd be a month late, and miss out on the big benefit of getting those patterns.

Such a BS argument.

The daily system is in place exactly for those that can't play every day or have hectic schedules that they can't commit to anything in game. It is a structured obtainable goal easily achieved by anyone.

Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:40 am

I want lunch.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 am

Flex wrote:

Such a BS argument.

Well, it is about the BS, blacksmithing that is.. :wink:

I think you're missing my point. It's not about the gear from the vendors, it's the patterns, and being an AH goblin. Since it will likely take me twice as long to get those patterns or longer if I had kept BS, there's no real benefit in trying to get them. Prices will be down by half from the initial rush. Yes, I am looking at this as an AH goblin.

Gear coming from a rep or gated faction is fine.

I'm just annoyed that with the recent changes they've made to make WoW less of a daily requirement (like the heroic change) now we have a must-play-every-day aspect again.

halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:48 am

You're only making it a "must play every day" situation because you want to play the auction house. That's not Blizzard's fault. Dailies are there for you to progress at your own leisure. You, and not them, are putting your own emphasis on what you want out of this game.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:49 am

I'm just annoyed that with the recent changes they've made to make WoW less of a daily requirement (like the heroic change) now we have a must-play-every-day aspect again.

To be first. But that has always been the case.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:02 am

Nikachelle wrote:Are people in here seriously complaining about having new content to explore?

Wow.

I'm not complaining about new content to explore. I WANT The new content. I NEED the new content. I'm complaining that to see the new content I have to do level 80-81 content in a zone that was supposed to be optional

pick your starting area of choice! oh... you picked vash'jir or leveled too fast? SORRY! YOU CHOSE WRONG!

because I already did the content on my old main. Gating is dumb when it requires entry level content to the expansion is poor planning IMO.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:18 am

Well anyone who leveled in Vash at all did it wrong as it provided nothing remotely on par with leveling through Hyjal.
Flex

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:20 am

The requirement to substantially complete the Hyjal questline is not that bad if you are dps. Just queue for a dandom heroic and quest while you wait for the queue. I completed the ENTIRE vash'jir questline at 85 on mage by doing this. I am sort of groaning about doing it on my healer for the cata loremaster achieve, but alas.

As far as the instance rep grinding, it sounds like they are going back to more of a classic rep model, where trash only gives rep unto a certain point, and then only boss kills. Anyone who has been trying to grind Hydraxian rep in MC since they removed the Hydraxian questgiver feels this pain. But now, all of us will be able to share it in Firelands :twisted:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Shoju » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:21 am

Flex wrote:Well anyone who leveled in Vash at all did it wrong as it provided nothing remotely on par with leveling through Hyjal.

Which is why being 'forced' to go back and do hyjal again is really irritating. i did it on shoju for the rep / achieve for the cloak and what not.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:31 am

Questing in Hyjal is extremely fast... and highly enjoyable. I don't see a problem with it, and have cleared it on several alts -- although I retired a couple of alts shortly after (Been spending more time walking around the park and other stuff)

I did hate the tournament quests back in wrath tho...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General