The latest scam mails...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

The latest scam mails...

Postby Worldie » Sun May 08, 2011 11:56 am

I just received the last of a loooooong list of scam mails but I couldn't help falling off the chair when reading it.
It basically said
This will be the last time to inform you that, Please Cancel Battle.net Authenticator
If you can not tie in with our soon we will have to temporarily lock your account.

I loved this part really, anyone else got this pearl?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: The latest scam mails...

Postby bldavis » Sun May 08, 2011 2:46 pm

English must be hard for Chinese to type....

that is a beaut!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun May 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Ohhh thats a corker.

I on the other hand seem to attract a far higher level of spamosity (spamerino?).
The blizzard account spam that I get is well crafted, and *looks* like an official email on the surface. Its only when you hover the mouse over the official looking links do you notice the dodgy addresses.

O that and the fact that the email says "your account has been banned for gold trading" When I was currently logged in and playing :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby ginga-uk » Mon May 16, 2011 2:31 am

The ones that get me giggling, are the ones that direct me to a us looking battlenet style url, when I play on european realms. All my account maintenance etc is eu.battle.net. :)
ginga-uk

Postby ryan4nayr » Mon May 16, 2011 9:48 pm

I particularly like how I'm being offered 7 new days to trial Cataclysm... except the b.net links have EU in them somewhere. The whole message looks impressive too, who would make the effort to craft pictures and text in perfect format?

But perhaps that's its downfall... no familiar misspellings Blizz-style.
ryan4nayr

Postby Amirya » Mon May 16, 2011 10:42 pm

My favorite are the whispers I'm getting from warriors whose names are variations of "blizzard" and are telling me that my account has had several reported complaints, therefore, I have one hour to validate said account before they interrupt my service.

Not sure why I need to validate complaints.

And I'm worried they haven't interrupted my service yet. :lol:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Wed May 18, 2011 5:01 am

hey,

a spammer warning for spammers? Nice!

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Worldie » Wed May 18, 2011 8:07 am

That was pretty awesome tbh, too bad we had to delete it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nothan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:20 am

Think that's bad, I've mouseover'ed a few links just to see if they are legit or not (I've been hacked before and I ignored those e-mails, even the two legit ones, so I like to see if the link is real). Anyways, it's one of the standard scam e-mails, but the link when I mouseover reads some kind of fake itunes link, but it is referring to my WoW account. Then there's other ones still saying something for the Cata beta.
Nothan

Return to General