Remove Advertisements

Paladin Tier 12

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Paladin Tier 12

Postby sherck » Thu May 05, 2011 4:42 am

Passionario wrote:* Holy 2 Pieces - Casting Flash of Light, Holy Light, or Divine Light on your Beacon of Light target has a 40% chance to grant you 2% of your base mana.

Base mana for Paladin = 23,422 so 2% of that is 468 mana. Meh, okay. I like that better than getting 5% increased Crit strike chance to a spell I never cast so at least this one will save me a SMALL amound of mana every now and then for doing my job.

Passionario wrote:* Holy 4 Pieces - Your Divine Light also heals a nearby injured target for 20% of the amount healed.

Holy Hanna! That is.......incredible! My Divine Light will now potentially heal four (4) people with each cast: the target for 100%, the Beacon for 50%, the NIT ("nearby injured target") for 20% and myself through PotI for around 4-6k (which on a typical DL non-crit is about 20-25%).

I have never gotten even 2-piece tier bonus on any main spec class and this is one 4-piece set bonus that I WANT! Too bad that the itemization is going to suck and in the end, the loss of Haste will be too great to offset this very, very, very nice tier bonus.

[EDIT: Because English is hard!]

Cheers,
Last edited by sherck on Thu May 05, 2011 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sherck

Postby benebarba » Thu May 05, 2011 4:49 am

Worldie wrote:A useless threat 2set and a useless RNG 4set. Not going to be in my priority list unless the stats are considerably good.

On the other hand, Ret and Holy set bonuses are AWESOME.

yeah - a threat boost on the thing we have that already hits the hardest and will only be used a minimum of every 9 seconds, then a short duration 'on use' effect that may not do anything? Kinda lame. But all of the tanks seem to have gotten equally lame set bonuses, certainly compared to some of the DPS and healing specs.

I think the T-11 bonuses made a lot more sense: flat boost to our primary single target ability and then make our big survival cooldown last longer. But perhaps this is a realization that threat isn't that big a deal and they are taking it out on our gear rather than adjusting that vengence knob they put in for that very purpose...

On the up side, I think my guild's fire mage will be happy since it looks like fire damage will be desirable in 4.2 - that or these bonuses are going to be completely worthless but put in for the sake of flavor.
benebarba

Postby Levantine » Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 am

Passionario wrote:
Orthien wrote:Yea I saw that and thought "That is so awesome" I also love the Boomy/SPriest/Lock bonus of getting little fire adds summoned in to help fight.

It's Holy/Disc priests who get little micro-Lightwell adds. Shadowpriests get a massive buff to Shadowfiend.

I'm disgustingly underwhelmed by the Holy bonus. I have a hard enough time getting people to click my actual Lightwell. ):<
Levantine

Postby Shathus » Thu May 05, 2011 6:35 am

well the prot/tank 2pc is pretty much ALWAYS threat related, and the 4pc is survival related. So that's nothing new.

Healers usually have 2pc be a through-put bonus and 4pc be a regen bonus as well. Though that seems to have switched places this tier.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Archeth » Thu May 05, 2011 6:51 am

Mana regen chance only if you're casting heals on beacon targets vs. pretty much constantly ticking regen from just healing (priests) or HoTs (druids/shamans) seems a bit underwhelming TBH. Then again, it's mainly a numbers game at this point so they can always change the mana% or proc%.
Archeth

Postby lythac » Thu May 05, 2011 6:52 am

The T12 stats are out -

Wowhead Item Comparison

Immolation Faceguard Parry/Expertise
Immolation Shoulderguards Mastery/Hit
Immolation Chestguard Dodge/Parry
Immolation Handguards Mastery/Dodge
Immolation Legguards Mastery/Parry

Last edited by lythac on Mon May 09, 2011 4:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Worldie » Thu May 05, 2011 7:06 am

benebarba wrote:yeah - a threat boost on the thing we have that already hits the hardest and will only be used a minimum of every 9 seconds, then a short duration 'on use' effect that may not do anything? Kinda lame. But all of the tanks seem to have gotten equally lame set bonuses, certainly compared to some of the DPS and healing specs.

Threat bonuses on this expansion are completely useless, as they were on WotLK. They stopped making sense with 3.0.

Regarding the avoidance bonus, some of them do actually make sense.
Specifically...
Warrior: 6% parry on shield block means that using SB grants them 31% avoidance instead of 25. Warriors don't aim for block cap, but many try to be block capped with SB up: this makes it 6% easier, and even if you are already block capped with SB, grants you 6% more crit block chance with SB. Not so terrible in my opinion.
DK: DRW was already an avoidance cooldown, 20% parry, this makes it 35% parry, which is (while still RNG) at least a power up of an already existing cd.

Druid and Paladin one however, which are essentially identical, are bad because they put avoidance in a mitigation cd. Expecially the Paladin one, for us we usually either are block capped, or are not by a mile: we definitively don't gear in the "Block cap with DP up" direction nor ever will.

edit: to the above, looks like the "weak" items are Helm and Shoulders.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu May 05, 2011 7:34 am

Man, I am dissapoint. Bonuses are exceedingly lackluster, since I gear for blockcap anyway.

It is interesting that T12 is only 6 iLevel higher than heroic gear.
Last edited by fuzzygeek on Thu May 05, 2011 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Gab » Thu May 05, 2011 7:36 am

Worldie wrote:edit: to the above, looks like the "weak" items are Helm and Shoulders.

Depending on what other shoulder options are I wouldn't call the tier shoulders weak. Lots of mastery and not much hit, also have a yellow gem slot. They don't seem all that weak, at least no more so than the chest. Of course this all depends on how difficult it will be to reach CTC cap in the next tier.
Last edited by Gab on Thu May 05, 2011 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gab

Postby Gerunna » Thu May 05, 2011 7:37 am

Worldie wrote:Threat bonuses on this expansion are completely useless, as they were on WotLK. They stopped making sense with 3.0.

Reading through some of the datamined 4.2 changes on mmochampion I noticed the following:

Death Knight: Rune Strike now scales from 18% of AP, up from 15%. No longer causes a high amount of threat.

Druid: Lacerate no longer causes a high amount of threat.

Warrior: Shield Slam no longer causes a high amount of threat.

Nothing for paladins is mentioned though I'd be on the lookout for a threat nerf for them too. I guess this is Blizz's solution for making tanks care about hit and expertise, but still I wonder if it will be enough to counteract the OP-ness of Vengeance.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby RedAces » Thu May 05, 2011 7:45 am

hey,
Gerunna wrote:Reading through some of the datamined 4.2 changes on mmochampion I noticed the following:

Death Knight: Rune Strike now scales from 18% of AP, up from 15%. No longer causes a high amount of threat.

Druid: Lacerate no longer causes a high amount of threat.

Warrior: Shield Slam no longer causes a high amount of threat.

Nothing for paladins is mentioned though I'd be on the lookout for a threat nerf for them too. I guess this is Blizz's solution for making tanks care about hit and expertise, but still I wonder if it will be enough to counteract the OP-ness of Vengeance.

The lacerate nerf was in 4.1 and its damage got buffed in order to compensate...
I expect similar buffs to Death Strike and Shield Slam. ShotR doesn't cause high threat, so I don't think they gonna change it.

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Worldie » Thu May 05, 2011 8:17 am

Gab wrote:
Worldie wrote:edit: to the above, looks like the "weak" items are Helm and Shoulders.

Depending on what other shoulder options are I wouldn't call the tier shoulders weak. Lots of mastery and not much hit, also have a yellow gem slot. They don't seem all that weak, at least no more so than the chest. Of course this all depends on how difficult it will be to reach CTC cap in the next tier.

I define them "weak" because part of their itemization is dedicated to threat which means it's wasted stats.

Whenever they are good or not, depends on if there's going to be offsets with double avoidance stat.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Gab » Thu May 05, 2011 8:30 am

lythac wrote:Immolation Legguards Mastery/Parry

Looks like we will all be wearing skirts with how well those are itemized.

Worldie wrote:I define them "weak" because part of their itemization is dedicated to threat which means it's wasted stats.

Whenever they are good or not, depends on if there's going to be offsets with double avoidance stat.

Hit is definitely wasted, but they do have a few things going for them. Guess our definitions are just a little different.
Gab

Postby Dorvan » Thu May 05, 2011 8:33 am

Apparently, this was the concept statement for Tier 12 set piece bonus design:

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby sherck » Thu May 05, 2011 9:01 am

It there any possibilityt hat some fine person who is not firewall restricted can put up the stats for the Holy Tier pieces? I don't even really need to know the actual numbers, just which pices have which secondary stats on them (Spirit, Haste, Crit, Mastery).

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
sherck

PreviousNext

Return to General