Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Paladin Tier 12

Postby inthedrops » Wed May 04, 2011 7:37 am

It's bad.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby sherck » Wed May 04, 2011 7:49 am

It will not matter for Holy Paladins I am sure.

Blizzard has done such a bad job in itemizing our last two tier sets that I hold out little hope that they will do a better job with Tier-12.

At least in Tier-11 they got Spirit on every piece. But then to have zero pieces with Haste on them even though they set up the system where Crit and Mastery are so underwhelming for Holy Paladins is just sad.

I have never had a 2-piece bonus on this guy as Holy. In Tier 7, 8 and 9 it was from lack of token drops or just lack of quality raiding. In Tier-10 and 11 it is due to not wanting the gear over much better itemized non-tier pieces.

I would love to think that they will break the mold in Tier-12 but I am not holding my breath on it.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby halabar » Wed May 04, 2011 8:01 am

sherck wrote:It will not matter for Holy Paladins I am sure.

Blizzard has done such a bad job in itemizing our last two tier sets that I hold out little hope that they will do a better job with Tier-12.

I would love to think that they will break the mold in Tier-12 but I am not holding my breath on it.

Cheers,

Doesn't matter. Blizz is lazy, and most of the offset pieces will look just like the tier pieces.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Archeth » Wed May 04, 2011 9:39 am

At this point, I'm not sure their justification for not letting holy paladins wear mail for "class looks" reasons makes a lot of sense anymore :D
Archeth

Postby Worldie » Wed May 04, 2011 10:40 am

If they actually let Holy paladins wear mail, we may finally have a tier that looks built for a fighter and not for a caster.

Join the anti-skirt club. Real (wo)men fight in pants.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Wed May 04, 2011 10:43 am

Worldie wrote:If they actually let Holy paladins wear mail, we may finally have a tier that looks built for a fighter and not for a caster.

Join the anti-skirt club. Real (wo)men fight in pants.

so are you saying we should be chasing them, not fighting in them? :twisted:

also where do i sign up?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Passionario » Thu May 05, 2011 12:06 am

* Protection 2 Pieces - Your Shield of the Righteous deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage.
* Protection 4 Pieces - Your parry chance is increased by 12% while Divine Protection is active.
* Holy 2 Pieces - Casting Flash of Light, Holy Light, or Divine Light on your Beacon of Light target has a 40% chance to grant you 2% of your base mana.
* Holy 4 Pieces - Your Divine Light also heals a nearby injured target for 20% of the amount healed.
* Retribution 2 Pieces - Your Crusader Strike deals 15% additional damage as Fire damage over 4 sec.
* Retribution 4 Pieces - Increases the duration of your Zealotry ability by 15 sec.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Orthien » Thu May 05, 2011 12:27 am

Not bad bonuses though I'm not sure if I like increased Parry on an ability that reduces damage, its good if the parry works and you avoid damage but kinda defeats the purpose of the shield.
Orthien

Postby Arincia » Thu May 05, 2011 12:33 am

Passionario wrote:* Protection 2 Pieces - Your Shield of the Righteous deals 20% additional damage as Fire damage.
* Protection 4 Pieces - Your parry chance is increased by 12% while Divine Protection is active.

Interesting that further blurs any line between shield block and Divine Protection that had existed before. Allowing one to possibly temp block cap 12/60 of the time with the damage reduction on it will make very powerful.
Still it seems a lot like a rehashed version of our tier 10 set bonus. I can't say i'm going to be a fan of it. If I end up getting 2 heroic T11 before 4.2 I'd probably 2 piece+2 piece for a threat set though if needed.(chest+hands, legs+helm)
Arincia

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu May 05, 2011 12:41 am

I think I might want that Ret 2 piece for my PvP set...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Thu May 05, 2011 12:53 am

A useless threat 2set and a useless RNG 4set. Not going to be in my priority list unless the stats are considerably good.

On the other hand, Ret and Holy set bonuses are AWESOME.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Epimer » Thu May 05, 2011 3:37 am

Dammit, I might actual have to roll on some tier tokens this time around. As Arincia says, if that 12% parry takes you to block cap then that's quite a useful little cooldown (I'd like it quite a lot for Chimaeron HC, for example). That said, I don't know if the itemisation of the the gear will make 4pc a trade off against better itemised off-set pieces like we have currently, or even if we'll be creeping up on block cap through gear anyway, which would make the T12 4pc bonus a bit less attractive. And of course fight mechanics could substantially affect the usefulness (or lack thereof) of the set bonus, too.

Definitely going to need 2pc for Holy, at least, and that is a pretty tasty 4pc too. I'll be waiting a while for off-set tier though, what with our standard 3 paladin, 2 warlock and 1 priest 10 man raid setup.
Epimer

Postby Epimer » Thu May 05, 2011 3:41 am

Off-topic, but:

Elemental 2 Pieces - Your offensive spells have a chance to reset the remaining cooldown on your Fire Elemental Totem.

DO WANT!
Epimer

Postby Orthien » Thu May 05, 2011 3:52 am

Off-topic, but:

Elemental 2 Pieces - Your offensive spells have a chance to reset the remaining cooldown on your Fire Elemental Totem.

DO WANT!

Yea I saw that and thought "That is so awesome" I also love the Boomy/SPriest/Lock bonus of getting little fire adds summoned in to help fight.
Orthien

Postby Passionario » Thu May 05, 2011 4:10 am

Orthien wrote:Yea I saw that and thought "That is so awesome" I also love the Boomy/SPriest/Lock bonus of getting little fire adds summoned in to help fight.

It's Holy/Disc priests who get little micro-Lightwell adds. Shadowpriests get a massive buff to Shadowfiend.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to General