Remove Advertisements

Paladin Tier 12

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Paladin Tier 12

Postby Devistasion » Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 am

For me I am a holy pally so it kind of gives that "I'm a healer feel" but I can see where Ret's and maintankadins are upset about the skirt >.>
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Postby twinkfist » Mon May 02, 2011 8:22 am

it looks okay...but i'm with the group that says they need to bring back class specific armor and not zone specific armor.

want most armor that glows with holy light and actually looks like armor.

t2 t4 and t6 worked in my opinion for showing that. t2 looked awesome, but even that wasn't really in the theme of looking like plate armor.

t4 and t6 really covered that theme...t6 even moreso with the gold glow. get back to that...maybe slightly different, and i'm all on board.
twinkfist

Postby tinalt » Mon May 02, 2011 10:40 am

I'm surprised so many people dislike it. Yeah the helm looks like it should go on a warlock, but if you hide it, it's not that bad. It's no T2/T6, but it's hardly T3/T7 either.

And with all the people wanting more "plate" looks, and more holy colors, we should just bring back T1. it looks like plate and is white & yellow. Banana shoulders for all!
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 am

tinalt wrote:I'm surprised so many people dislike it. Yeah the helm looks like it should go on a warlock, but if you hide it, it's not that bad. It's no T2/T6, but it's hardly T3/T7 either.

And with all the people wanting more "plate" looks, and more holy colors, we should just bring back T1. it looks like plate and is white & yellow. Banana shoulders for all!

If the textures weren't so outdated I'd rather wear lemonbringer than this new cloth crap.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon May 02, 2011 11:13 am

It simply doesn't look like plate. Some of the other sets look much more like plate than the pally set.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby sahiel » Mon May 02, 2011 11:56 am

Sabindeus wrote:
tinalt wrote:I'm surprised so many people dislike it. Yeah the helm looks like it should go on a warlock, but if you hide it, it's not that bad. It's no T2/T6, but it's hardly T3/T7 either.

If the textures weren't so outdated I'd rather wear lemonbringer than this new cloth crap.

Agreed. And I hate lemonbringer. That's how bad the tier 12 crap is to me.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 02, 2011 12:14 pm

sahiel wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

Agreed. And I hate lemonbringer. That's how bad the tier 12 crap is to me.

Yeah I mean just color scheme wise, Lawbringer is an ugly set with an ugly shade of yellow on it, and since it's from classic the textures are old and look bad. But this Tier 12 set is clearly a robe. It doesn't look at all like it could be plate in any way, unlike Tier 2 and Tier 8, which you could see sort of as a plate armor with hanging things, or some cloth components.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 02, 2011 12:20 pm

I would pay thousands of USD for this to be a Paladin armor set in WoW:

WoW really needs a model where you can have things hanging from your waist without it being a skirt
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Sabindeus wrote:WoW really needs a model where you can have things hanging from your waist without it being a skirt

While I'm not a fan of that particular set, I agree, the loinguards are a classic part of armor, and the models don't support having them at all.

And it needs to look like metal...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby sahiel » Mon May 02, 2011 3:19 pm

I could truly put up with the cloth leg area if it at least looked like armour, something like this pic, knee length, slashed down the front with clear areas of armour beneath would be more than fine. But when it truly looks more cloth like than some cloth wearing classes tier gear something is very very wrong.

The whole 'tier gear matches raid' concept has gone beyond silly imo, fine, give it a little flavour to match if they must but why can't we actually look like the classes we are?! Is it so bad to have a person in plate, regardless of role, actually look like they wouldn't blow away in a stiff breeze thanks to the sheet they're wearing?
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 02, 2011 3:42 pm

exactly, like I said, they need a proper model for a surcoat and fauld that isn't a dress
Sabindeus

Postby Aerron » Tue May 03, 2011 7:59 am

As much as WAR had a good dose of fail, the endgame sets for the Knight of the Blazing Sun were all pretty good. They at least looked like armor.

The best thing for me in this set is the color scheme. I'm not a fan of sets that have a lot of light purple etc.

But nothing else really appeals to me. Too much cloth, not enough metal. And I'm probably the only one, but I like having a helm I can show and this one doesn't meet that criteria. It has potential, but the face-plate just ruins it.

Gauntlets look clunky. Shoulders are okay.
Aerron

Postby Flex » Tue May 03, 2011 8:08 am

Aerron wrote:It has potential, but the face-plate just ruins it.

and that's what sells it for me.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue May 03, 2011 8:09 am

Flex wrote:

Sometimes I think you're contrary to everyone on purpose.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Tue May 03, 2011 8:13 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:

Sometimes I think you're contrary to everyone on purpose.

I like the helm actually, probably if nothing else because it reminds me of T2. I do want pants though, at the very least legs that don't look like the bottom half of a robe.

Will also be interesting to see who it looks with the in-game lighting effects, etc.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General