Game of Thrones

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Brekkie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 pm

You mean you DON'T look like your avatar?
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Brekkie wrote:You mean you DON'T look like your avatar?

son i wear those glasses all the time
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Brekkie wrote:OMG ROFL

DEY KILL MA NIGGA NED, MANG!!!! MA NIGGA NED!!! DAT SOME BULL SHIT!! FUCK DA BLONDE MAN, KILLIN MA NIGGA NED!

As a black man who strongly disapproves of the casual use of racial slurs in the vocabulary of today's black youth, I found this video absolutely hilarious. (I am also a big fan of the Boondocks tv series.)

I loved this video, And I find all that stuff hilarious.

I don't even know what to say about the last episode, I was pretty upset about ned dying but, I can see how it had to be done. I just wish he had denounced Joffrey in public instead of lying.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby cerwillis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm all for avoiding spoilers and all, and I don't think that it's required to read the books to enjoy the series, but I'm really getting a kick out of the outrage and shock over a piece of information that's been available for 15 years.

The video is funny as hell, but my first reaction was, "Man you sure seem to like this show. Maybe you should go read the fuckin' books."
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm

If you watch his episode review (linked somewhere near that vid), he says if Drogo dies too he'll give up on the show. :D
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:41 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:If you watch his episode review (linked somewhere near that vid), he says if Drogo dies too he'll give up on the show. :D

I too really hope Drogo doesn't die.

I'm getting the first book on pay-day and I'm pretty damn excited =3
Aubade

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Hope you enjoy it; Martin's a good writer.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 pm

cerwillis wrote:I'm all for avoiding spoilers and all, and I don't think that it's required to read the books to enjoy the series, but I'm really getting a kick out of the outrage and shock over a piece of information that's been available for 15 years.

The video is funny as hell, but my first reaction was, "Man you sure seem to like this show. Maybe you should go read the fuckin' books."

If I had discovered Game of Thrones with the series, I'd wait at least until the first season was done before I read the books too.

But that's a pretty hypothetical question for a fantasy book geek like me :)
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Aubade wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Brekkie wrote:OMG ROFL

DEY KILL MA NIGGA NED, MANG!!!! MA NIGGA NED!!! DAT SOME BULL SHIT!! FUCK DA BLONDE MAN, KILLIN MA NIGGA NED!

As a black man who strongly disapproves of the casual use of racial slurs in the vocabulary of today's black youth, I found this video absolutely hilarious. (I am also a big fan of the Boondocks tv series.)

I loved this video, And I find all that stuff hilarious.

I don't even know what to say about the last episode, I was pretty upset about ned dying but, I can see how it had to be done. I just wish he had denounced Joffrey in public instead of lying.

The thing is that nobody expected Joffrey to do a turnaround and have his head off; everyone had agreed that if Ned were to lie, he would be sent to the Wall instead but Joffrey recanted at the last minute, to the surprise of everyone.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Zibey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:52 am

I was at the fan meeting with George Martin yesterday, and he said something like "I don't know the final result of our work on each episode before it's on air. When I saw Ned Stark dying I was like 'Damn - who does that? Oh wait... I did'". I found it to be damn hilarious - and so did whole audience looking at the reaction ;).

Anyway I am all excited for Dancing with Dragons - It's in fact a physical pain to have to wait a whole month to read it. We are waiting for what - 6 years? Dat too frikin long!
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:58 am

Did the fans ask him about if he fears dying before completing the series?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Zibey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 am

There was no such question, but the interviewer made a joke about it, and Martin didn't really seem offended, so I guess he's aware of these concerns :P.

Also it was funny to realise that wherever you are (as in country), when you meet his fans, they all worry about it ;).
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Aubade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Klaudandus wrote:The thing is that nobody expected Joffrey to do a turnaround and have his head off; everyone had agreed that if Ned were to lie, he would be sent to the Wall instead but Joffrey recanted at the last minute, to the surprise of everyone.

I expected it though, I hate the lanasters, and I hate joffrey, he is trying to show everyone, INCLUDING his mother that he doesn't need any help.
Aubade

Postby Zibey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 am

Aubade wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The thing is that nobody expected Joffrey to do a turnaround and have his head off; everyone had agreed that if Ned were to lie, he would be sent to the Wall instead but Joffrey recanted at the last minute, to the surprise of everyone.

I expected it though, I hate the lanasters, and I hate joffrey, he is trying to show everyone, INCLUDING his mother that he doesn't need any help.

I think Klaudandus meant characters - Sansa, the magister or Cersei all expected Eddard to be saved, and Joffrey did his small prank to them all ;).

Would be rather silly to state that "noone in the audience" expected it, since the better part of it knows all the story already :P
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:34 am

Zibey wrote:
Aubade wrote:

I think Klaudandus meant characters - Sansa, the magister or Cersei all expected Eddard to be saved, and Joffrey did his small prank to them all ;).

Would be rather silly to state that "noone in the audience" expected it, since the better part of it knows all the story already :P

That's what I meant, Varys had been convincing Ned to recant his story in exchange for the safety of his family and allowing to exile himself to the wall, while also pushing Cersei to convince Joffrey to offer that deal, along with Littlefinger, and hoping that Sansa's plea would also convince Joffrey on Ned to the wall, rather than Ned's head to the spike.

Everyone had thought that Joffrey was indeed going to offer the Wall as he had been told to, but decided at the last minute to do things for the lulz.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General