Game of Thrones

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Brekkie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:17 pm

You mean you DON'T look like your avatar?
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Brekkie wrote:You mean you DON'T look like your avatar?


son i wear those glasses all the time
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 6051
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:13 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Brekkie wrote:OMG ROFL

DEY KILL MA NIGGA NED, MANG!!!! MA NIGGA NED!!! DAT SOME BULL SHIT!! FUCK DA BLONDE MAN, KILLIN MA NIGGA NED!


As a black man who strongly disapproves of the casual use of racial slurs in the vocabulary of today's black youth, I found this video absolutely hilarious. (I am also a big fan of the Boondocks tv series.)


I loved this video, And I find all that stuff hilarious.


I don't even know what to say about the last episode, I was pretty upset about ned dying but, I can see how it had to be done. I just wish he had denounced Joffrey in public instead of lying.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Image
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby cerwillis » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:38 pm

I'm all for avoiding spoilers and all, and I don't think that it's required to read the books to enjoy the series, but I'm really getting a kick out of the outrage and shock over a piece of information that's been available for 15 years.

The video is funny as hell, but my first reaction was, "Man you sure seem to like this show. Maybe you should go read the fuckin' books."
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
User avatar
cerwillis
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:34 pm

If you watch his episode review (linked somewhere near that vid), he says if Drogo dies too he'll give up on the show. :D
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Aubade » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:41 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:If you watch his episode review (linked somewhere near that vid), he says if Drogo dies too he'll give up on the show. :D


I too really hope Drogo doesn't die.

I'm getting the first book on pay-day and I'm pretty damn excited =3
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Image
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Hope you enjoy it; Martin's a good writer.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Paxen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:53 pm

cerwillis wrote:I'm all for avoiding spoilers and all, and I don't think that it's required to read the books to enjoy the series, but I'm really getting a kick out of the outrage and shock over a piece of information that's been available for 15 years.

The video is funny as hell, but my first reaction was, "Man you sure seem to like this show. Maybe you should go read the fuckin' books."


If I had discovered Game of Thrones with the series, I'd wait at least until the first season was done before I read the books too.

But that's a pretty hypothetical question for a fantasy book geek like me :)
Paxen
 
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:38 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm

Aubade wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
Brekkie wrote:OMG ROFL

DEY KILL MA NIGGA NED, MANG!!!! MA NIGGA NED!!! DAT SOME BULL SHIT!! FUCK DA BLONDE MAN, KILLIN MA NIGGA NED!


As a black man who strongly disapproves of the casual use of racial slurs in the vocabulary of today's black youth, I found this video absolutely hilarious. (I am also a big fan of the Boondocks tv series.)


I loved this video, And I find all that stuff hilarious.


I don't even know what to say about the last episode, I was pretty upset about ned dying but, I can see how it had to be done. I just wish he had denounced Joffrey in public instead of lying.


The thing is that nobody expected Joffrey to do a turnaround and have his head off; everyone had agreed that if Ned were to lie, he would be sent to the Wall instead but Joffrey recanted at the last minute, to the surprise of everyone.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Zibey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:52 am

I was at the fan meeting with George Martin yesterday, and he said something like "I don't know the final result of our work on each episode before it's on air. When I saw Ned Stark dying I was like 'Damn - who does that? Oh wait... I did'". I found it to be damn hilarious - and so did whole audience looking at the reaction ;).

Anyway I am all excited for Dancing with Dragons - It's in fact a physical pain to have to wait a whole month to read it. We are waiting for what - 6 years? Dat too frikin long!
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
User avatar
Zibey
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 6:04 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:58 am

Did the fans ask him about if he fears dying before completing the series?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Zibey » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 am

There was no such question, but the interviewer made a joke about it, and Martin didn't really seem offended, so I guess he's aware of these concerns :P.

Also it was funny to realise that wherever you are (as in country), when you meet his fans, they all worry about it ;).
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
User avatar
Zibey
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 6:04 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Aubade » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:35 pm

Klaudandus wrote:The thing is that nobody expected Joffrey to do a turnaround and have his head off; everyone had agreed that if Ned were to lie, he would be sent to the Wall instead but Joffrey recanted at the last minute, to the surprise of everyone.


I expected it though, I hate the lanasters, and I hate joffrey, he is trying to show everyone, INCLUDING his mother that he doesn't need any help.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
- Aubade Level 88+ Blood Elf Paladin - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbade Level 85+ Blood Elf Death Knight - BloodScalp - Casual
- Awbabe Level 85+ Undead Mage - BloodScalp - Casual
Image
User avatar
Aubade
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Tacoma, WA

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Zibey » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:56 am

Aubade wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The thing is that nobody expected Joffrey to do a turnaround and have his head off; everyone had agreed that if Ned were to lie, he would be sent to the Wall instead but Joffrey recanted at the last minute, to the surprise of everyone.


I expected it though, I hate the lanasters, and I hate joffrey, he is trying to show everyone, INCLUDING his mother that he doesn't need any help.


I think Klaudandus meant characters - Sansa, the magister or Cersei all expected Eddard to be saved, and Joffrey did his small prank to them all ;).

Would be rather silly to state that "noone in the audience" expected it, since the better part of it knows all the story already :P
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
User avatar
Zibey
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 6:04 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:34 am

Zibey wrote:
Aubade wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:The thing is that nobody expected Joffrey to do a turnaround and have his head off; everyone had agreed that if Ned were to lie, he would be sent to the Wall instead but Joffrey recanted at the last minute, to the surprise of everyone.


I expected it though, I hate the lanasters, and I hate joffrey, he is trying to show everyone, INCLUDING his mother that he doesn't need any help.


I think Klaudandus meant characters - Sansa, the magister or Cersei all expected Eddard to be saved, and Joffrey did his small prank to them all ;).

Would be rather silly to state that "noone in the audience" expected it, since the better part of it knows all the story already :P


That's what I meant, Varys had been convincing Ned to recant his story in exchange for the safety of his family and allowing to exile himself to the wall, while also pushing Cersei to convince Joffrey to offer that deal, along with Littlefinger, and hoping that Sansa's plea would also convince Joffrey on Ned to the wall, rather than Ned's head to the spike.

Everyone had thought that Joffrey was indeed going to offer the Wall as he had been told to, but decided at the last minute to do things for the lulz.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby sahiel » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 am

Klaudandus wrote:Everyone had thought that Joffrey was indeed going to offer the Wall as he had been told to, but decided at the last minute to do things for the lulz.

Oh definitely, though I do think you sell his character a bit short saying he did it for fun, he very much did it because he feels inadequate and had to show them all that he could be a 'strong' king who didn't need them telling him what to do, also having seen the booing and spite from the crowd he played to them. The mob didn't want an exile, they wanted blood and like any good showman, Joffrey gave them exactly what they wanted,
Image
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
User avatar
sahiel
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: St Louis, MO

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Aerron » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:07 am

sahiel wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Everyone had thought that Joffrey was indeed going to offer the Wall as he had been told to, but decided at the last minute to do things for the lulz.

Oh definitely, though I do think you sell his character a bit short saying he did it for fun, he very much did it because he feels inadequate and had to show them all that he could be a 'strong' king who didn't need them telling him what to do, also having seen the booing and spite from the crowd he played to them. The mob didn't want an exile, they wanted blood and like any good showman, Joffrey gave them exactly what they wanted,


I agree that Joffrey has this compulsion to "be his own man" especially in regards to his mother. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Littlefinger made a few offhand comments to him at some point that put the seed of the idea in his head.
Aerron
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Aerron wrote:
sahiel wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Everyone had thought that Joffrey was indeed going to offer the Wall as he had been told to, but decided at the last minute to do things for the lulz.

Oh definitely, though I do think you sell his character a bit short saying he did it for fun, he very much did it because he feels inadequate and had to show them all that he could be a 'strong' king who didn't need them telling him what to do, also having seen the booing and spite from the crowd he played to them. The mob didn't want an exile, they wanted blood and like any good showman, Joffrey gave them exactly what they wanted,


I agree that Joffrey has this compulsion to "be his own man" especially in regards to his mother. However, I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that Littlefinger made a few offhand comments to him at some point that put the seed of the idea in his head.


I think Littlefinger was indeed surprised by Joffrey's decision, he still rolls with it tho.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby cerwillis » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Keep in mind that in the books, Joffrey is a bit younger. My impression was that there wasn't much scheming at all. In fact, this act among others indicate that he doesn't really think about anything. He's just a bloodthirsty twat that was never taught any better. Same reason The Aerie kid is always yelling "Make him fly!!!"
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
User avatar
cerwillis
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 972
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 pm

cerwillis wrote:Keep in mind that in the books, Joffrey is a bit younger. My impression was that there wasn't much scheming at all. In fact, this act among others indicate that he doesn't really think about anything. He's just a bloodthirsty twat that was never taught any better. Same reason The Aerie kid is always yelling "Make him fly!!!"


Let's not forget he actually guts a pregnant cat cuz he wanted to see the kittens in the womb.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Mcduffie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:42 am

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You should all send me the DVD's of episodes. I can't watch them here(afghanistan). And it sounds like interesting things are happening.
User avatar
Mcduffie
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Brekkie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:12 am

Mcduffie wrote::twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

You should all send me the DVD's of episodes. I can't watch them here(afghanistan). And it sounds like interesting things are happening.


There's no DVDs yet, since it's still airing on TV. I've have the episodes on my laptop though, and I'll see if I can get them burned to a CD for you so you can watch them on a computer if you want. You have an APO mailing address?
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Brekkie » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:15 am

I'm finding that the non-Stark character that I have come to have the most respect for is Varys, as weird as that may sound.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:44 pm

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Aerron » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 am

Brekkie wrote:I'm finding that the non-Stark character that I have come to have the most respect for is Varys, as weird as that may sound.


Will avoid spoilers, but from how things turn out as the books progress, Varys has always struck me as the person who most has the good of the entire kingdom as his foremost concern.

Still don't trust him though.
Aerron
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:33 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:23 am

I always just thought he was loyal to the Targaryens and was most concerned with their interests, rather than the good of the kingdom.
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest