Game of Thrones

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Game of Thrones

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:20 am

Aerron wrote:... until the very end of the series.

Which may never come.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:22 am

It's a fairly clever part of the series meta-plot. The main storyline is the goings-on in the kingdoms, while Jon's story (which does get quite involved in that side of things) and other pieces gradually build up the threat in the north that they're all ignoring. It's also connected to other things that gradually creep in regarding the gods and magic.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Aerron » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:30 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Aerron wrote:... until the very end of the series.

Which may never come.

Do what I did with Jordan's Wheel of Time then. I swore off reading it until it was done. Unfortunately I got wrangled into it by my wife, but I'm pretty confident Sanderson's going to be able to wrap it up.

Book 5 comes out in July. Martin says he wants to end it with Book 7. So two books to wait on, then you're good to go.

Of course, Martin took quite a bit of time between books 4 and 5, so if anyone's worried he's going to kick off before it's done there's an argument to be made there.
Aerron

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:37 pm

He says he wants it done by book 7. But it started as a trilogy, and the second part has taken him four books to get through. :P
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Brekkie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:23 am

Weirdly enough, watching/reading this has been much the same emotional experience as watching a zombie movie.

Constantly groaning a the characters for not making what is the obviously intelligent choice, and then having little sympathy for them when their own idiocy gets them in trouble.
And I'm not just talking about the starks.
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:08 am

Am I the only one that feels Blizzard got the inspiration for Nozdormu from the Dothraki riders?

Also, argh... two episodes left... least July 12th is not that far away...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Cronus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Please God let the series continue...I cant wait for the next episode. I hate getting invovled before the whole series is finished. I watched all 7 episodes the first day becuase I just heard about it. Now I find out it wasnt finished! I sat all week waiting for 8 and now 9...WHERE R U!!! I need my fix..I AM A JUNKIE...ARRRGGGGGG

On a side note, the music in the intro to each episode is fuking awesome! I love it! This has weened me from Spartacus but dam, I am hooked. Withdrawels....hurts....gasp!
Cronus

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:44 pm

Season 2 should be next year or so... and Book 5 is being released in a couple of weeks
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Chasey » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:13 pm

I just watched Ned get beheaded (I knew it was coming) and I'm still utterly pissed off. He says what they want him to, against everything that he stands for and that little twit still cuts his head off. Joffery being poisened is to good for him.

Weirdly enough, watching/reading this has been much the same emotional experience as watching a zombie movie.
Constantly groaning a the characters for not making what is the obviously intelligent choice, and then having little sympathy for them when their own idiocy gets them in trouble.
And I'm not just talking about the starks.

Never looked at this series like this but....BRILLIANT!
Chasey

Postby Raeli » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Ah God Damnit Chasey!

I was just browsing through, scanning and then before I knew it, I just got spoiled! I died a little inside. *Cries*
Raeli

Postby Paxen » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:27 pm

Raeli wrote:Ah God Damnit Chasey!

I was just browsing through, scanning and then before I knew it, I just got spoiled! I died a little inside. *Cries*

Isn't it a little optimistic to browse threads about a show when you haven't watched the latest episode yet, after it's aired?

Back on topic, I've been waiting for the reactions to the end of this episode since the show was announced :twisted:

Here's one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owf6D2vfZqM
Paxen

Postby sahiel » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:04 pm

Paxen wrote:

Isn't it a little optimistic to browse threads about a show when you haven't watched the latest episode yet, after it's aired?

Back on topic, I've been waiting for the reactions to the end of this episode since the show was announced :twisted:

Yeah, I make sure not to read any GoT thread until after i've seen that weeks episode, despite having read all the books it's just more fun to forget stuff and be reminded as it happens for me.

I was surprised initially at no real battle scenes, but thinking about it it must cost a fortune to film one and by showing the end results of the two battles we still got all the information we needed and the sense that there had been huge fights, without them spending a ton on it, which lets them spend more on the parts we see for more than a minute or two, good compromise imo.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Brekkie » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Paxen wrote:

OMG ROFL

DEY KILL MA NIGGA NED, MANG!!!! MA NIGGA NED!!! DAT SOME BULL SHIT!! FUCK DA BLONDE MAN, KILLIN MA NIGGA NED!
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Chasey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:19 am

Sorry :(
Chasey

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:27 am

Brekkie wrote:
Paxen wrote:

OMG ROFL

DEY KILL MA NIGGA NED, MANG!!!! MA NIGGA NED!!! DAT SOME BULL SHIT!! FUCK DA BLONDE MAN, KILLIN MA NIGGA NED!

As a black man who strongly disapproves of the casual use of racial slurs in the vocabulary of today's black youth, I found this video absolutely hilarious. (I am also a big fan of the Boondocks tv series.)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to General