Which DPS Alt should I create...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Which "pure" DPS class alt should I create next...

DPS Warrior
12%
DPS Death Knight
7%
Mage
20%
Warlock
20%
Rogue
10%
Hunter
32%

Total votes : 41

Re: Which DPS Alt should I create...

Postby Aerron » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:26 am

I'm of a split mind on this. At the beginning of Cata I rolled both a DK and Hunter alt. TBH, I prefer the DK alt and I'm having a blast on him. That said, I know the end result is I'm going to tank on him. I love soloing and dps'ing on him, but I also run mostly Blood spec, because hey, going to need to learn it before endgame.

My Hunter alt is also a lot of fun. Very easy (too easy sometimes), but also fun.

If you're fine with having to maybe do some tanking from time to time, go DK. If you really just want pure dps, Hunter isn't a bad choice.
Aerron

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:17 am

BM hunter is considerably fun to play, + it's like playing a Tank + DPS combo all the time. I have actually tanked a couple of istances on my hunter when a tank dcd and we were waiting for the following one, including bosses.

Fun stuff, give it a go imo!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:58 am

another plus to being a BM hunter is how many players can say they have a raid boss to do thier bidding?
Chromagnus FTW!

(granted he is just a normal corehound when tamed, but still a sweet looking skin!)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Aerron » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:05 am

bldavis wrote:another plus to being a BM hunter is how many players can say they have a raid boss to do thier bidding?
Chromagnus FTW!

(granted he is just a normal corehound when tamed, but still a sweet looking skin!)

Cool pets are definitely a + in my book. Beyond Chro, there's also the monkeys from DM, and that sweet looking cat with the glowie eyes ... list goes on and on.
Aerron

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:12 pm

Aerron wrote:
bldavis wrote:another plus to being a BM hunter is how many players can say they have a raid boss to do thier bidding?
Chromagnus FTW!

Cool pets are definitely a + in my book. Beyond Chro, there's also the monkeys from DM, and that sweet looking cat with the glowie eyes ... list goes on and on.

Chro is cool, the monkeys not so much.. (they are loosing their axes..) but there are zillions of other choices.

I think the REAL question on the alt should be.. do you prefer to be in melee or at range? that will decide between hunter or DK.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:17 pm

Aerron wrote:
Chromagnus FTW!

while i dont have one of the mining monkeys, i do have pogyen (cat with glowing eyes and shiny coat) and chromaggie

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:21 pm

Spirit beasts

Having Ghostcrawler as your pet is cool.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:40 pm

Worldie wrote:Spirit beasts

Meh... the whole Spirit Beast thing is getting old..
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:48 pm

halabar wrote:
Worldie wrote:Spirit beasts

Meh... the whole Spirit Beast thing is getting old..

I must be fail at hunter. I don't have any "amazing" pets on my 80+. Though, on my 10 twink, I have some pretty impressive ones.
Shoju

Postby Passionario » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:53 pm

bldavis wrote:how many players can say they have a raid boss to do thier bidding?

Anyone who bought mini-KT or mini-XT from the item shop?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Aubade » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:09 am

Passionario wrote:
bldavis wrote:how many players can say they have a raid boss to do thier bidding?

He kills stuff too.

- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:03 am

Love lil KT when he shoots critters <3

I used to hang around the ninja turtles in Dalaran just to enjoy him iceblocking them.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:01 am

Passionario wrote:

ok you got me there
there si mini rag as well.....

anyway, how many ppl can say they have a a raid boss to do their bidding against other raid bosses and not as non-combat pets?

bldavis

Postby Fetzie » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:14 am

BM hunter is fun, and jumping a clothie with a 50k critical Kill Command never gets old :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby sherck » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:59 am

Thanks for all the input....I ended up going with a Mage as my pure DPS alt for a couple of reasons:

1) I had the cloth heirloom items already. I would have needed to farm quite a few JP in order to get the Agi Mail stuff for a Hunter which ended up being my 2nd place choice.

2) I chose Mage since...I have an inheirent negative attitude towards Warlock. Don't know if it is my Christian viewpoint or what but someone who orders demons around just is not for me. But I guess I can order around a Water Elemental! :)

3) Mage just sounds fun....

4) After I made her (my first ever female toon), I found out that Shoju has a low level Lock that is fully decked out in Heirlooms as well (I only have helm, cloak, shoulders, chest....he has staff and trinkets as well) so I think we are going to get them to about the same level and then perhaps wreck some instances together. Man, I feel for that poor tank already... :lol:

Again, thanks all for the inputs.

Cheers,
sherck

PreviousNext

Return to General