Remove Advertisements

When's the home page going to be updated for Cata expansion?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: When's the home page going to be updated for Cata expansion?

Postby laterna » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:03 am

Aergis wrote:
laterna wrote:Just pointing out bugs, I still love the site, not bashing the admin/mods

Good, cause now you are one.

Mod for 15 mins (atleast since I noticed), and already deleted my first post...

All that is left, is for me to upload a pic of me with a ban hammer (maybe an electronic, circuitry one? :o ) and start having a competition with sabindeus?
laterna

Postby Shoju » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:26 am

Aubade wrote:What does that make me? The resident, -_- paladin?

I had to refrain from making half a dozen comments that would have got me in trouble. I would call you the wandering paladin. Blizzard must love the money you have spent on Xfers / Faction changes / etc...
Shoju

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:14 am

Shoju wrote:

I had to refrain from making half a dozen comments that would have got me in trouble. I would call you the wandering paladin. Blizzard must love the money you have spent on Xfers / Faction changes / etc...

Resident paladdin?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:19 am

Shoju wrote:

I try to ignore and forget about the hundres spent on server xfers and stuff.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:32 am

My priest is a server whore... I think she's on her fifth server now (considering how little I normally play her, that's a lot of paid server xfers :oops:.) The next highest are my rogue/paladin/hunter with one xfer each (with faction changes for the paladin/hunter, and the rogue was free :D.) Actually... now that I think about it... the hunter had a free server xfer at one point as well (had chars on two servers that got free xfers to the same server... who am I to complain :).)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:29 am

theckhd wrote: Resident paladdin?

/snicker

so am i the resident Paltadin?
or is that position still being contested.....

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby theckhd » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:58 am

No, you're just Palannoying. :P

(kidding)
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Blackharon » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:25 am

Aergis wrote:however as is often the case with the random guy who says "hey, I'll help out!", nothing has come of it.

This is the biggest reason why many people don't come forward to help.

A suggestion that would make you a ton more content for the front page would be to let anyone submit an article for it. All a mod needs to do is approve/reject the articles as they come in.

It would be less intimidating for someone like me who really wants to help out but can't make a commitment for content for the next year(s).
The Cat's out of the bag!
Pickpawcket for iPhone and iPad
http://www.pickpawcket.com
Blackharon

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:25 am

theckhd wrote:No, you're just Palannoying. :P

(kidding)

:shock:

:(
no your not! :cry:

lol
(although i may need to update my sig with that one...)

edit: i would love to help too, but im not sure how much free time ill have the next few months, much less year or 2
ill try to keep the feral druid gear list updated though (note to self: double check that)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Arianne » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm happy to post summaries of stuff to the front page if you guys want. I won't promise that it's up to date all of the time, but I'll promise to post something weekly.
Arianne

Postby eia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:53 pm

Thalia wrote:When Mike updates this site I'll tell him to take down the Overachiever link since I don't update it anymore, in fact, I'm going to give the site to my friend so she can update it cuz I have no interest in it anymore since I have not played WoW in a year. As for blaming overachiever for bringing the site down, that might have happened once due to a holiday event, but it gets no traffic so it's not the source. Our server, Dreamhost, loves to do a lot of updating which brings the site down, and that we have no control over.

I can only speak for myself, but I for one appreciate the overachiever site a lot. Even if it's not as up to date as it could be, it still is the best place to compare achieves and check which ones you maybe should finish off that I've found.
It's not like most achieves change much anyway.
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Worldie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:28 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Shoju wrote:

I try to ignore and forget about the hundres spent on server xfers and stuff.

It gets much worse when everytime you transfer you move 10 chars with you *cough*
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aubade » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am

Shoju wrote:

I did the math last month actually. While talking to a guildie about it, we're talking about 2.5 grand or so between server/faction/timecard/collectors editions etc etc etc.

=[
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Vrimmel » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:45 pm

The trick is to make everyone transfer to YOU.
Vrimmel

PreviousNext

Return to General