Interesting Breakdown on our Raiding Body.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Interesting Breakdown on our Raiding Body.

Postby Shathus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:06 pm

thatguy wrote:Rogue + Flame Laser Kiting during Air Phase on Atramedes = Win

Our last 2 kills we've had a rogue fill in for someone who couldn't make it. Definitely gives you a much larger margin of error in the air phase as he can kite for 20+ seconds no problem usually.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:36 am

I enjoyed my Rogue during TBC and hated him during WotLK. Haven't played him enough to make a decision for Cata, but I get a lot of the same feel playing a DK that can self-heal/OT. Granted I have no CC and can't stealth, but those weren't really big issues during WotLK (plus I could Frost Tank!) I may be leveling a Worgen Rogue at some point, so I'll get a chance to decide if I like the new playstyle.

FYI, I generally played as Combat, with a brief stint as Assasination during the Hunger for Blood phase (HfB to remove bleeds + Cloak of Skill for everything else? Sign me up!) I think, maybe, I could go back to a Rogue if Sub was a valid PvE spec (HAT was fun, but severely broken :D.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I find hybrid classes more fun. The 30-40 min queue length for pure DPS classes saps a lot of fun out of them.

Healers and tanks get points faster, therefore they get rep and gear faster.

My paladin (tank/heal), shaman (heal/dps), and druid (tank/heal) are all 85 and being geared up while my warlock languishes at 84 (and only then because I wanted the tailoring patterns from Twilight Highlands). My rogue is still at 80.

It would suck to be a pure DPS main.

Our current 10-man raid pool is:
Paladin: 5
Shaman: 2
Hunter: 1
Warlock: 1
Mage: 1
Druid: 1
Priest: 1
Rogue: 1
DK: 0

Can you say "class over-representation"?

Of the 9 hybrids, only one (elemental shaman) is DPS-main.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:57 am

Koatanga wrote:It would suck to be a pure DPS main.

Yeah, pretty much a large portion of why I don't play my rogue. Though I do prefer shadow on my priest and don't necessarily mind long queue times since I can do dailies/ach/etc. while waiting, whereas on a tank, I have to decide whether I want to run dungeons or quest/farm/etc. I'm all about not having to make decisions :D.

Also, when pure dps were the main forms of CC, they actually had a use beyond just recount numbers.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:58 am

As long as the "issue" doesn't end with a hibrid tax, i'm happy with whatever happens...

I understand the pressure dual spec placed on the 4 pure dps... but i don't believe someone should be a better dps just because he picked a dagger/bow/wand 85lvls ago...

Tbh, i won't mind a world where fear/frost trap/sheep/sap where the only CC's...

(it would put more pressure in raidsetup and that is something nice)
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Mannstein wrote:Tbh, i won't mind a world where fear/frost trap/sheep/sap where the only CC's...

(it would put more pressure in raidsetup and that is something nice)

Only problem I could see with that is LFG. It's bad enough when you get a group without any CC (at least it was with mostly fresh 85s, the gearing up has lessened this problem to an extent.) With the number of people that play the hybrids as DPS only, it could potentially affect the ability to complete some heroics. At least in raids you can (most times) be picky about who you bring (the major exception being very small guilds that only HAVE 10x 85s.)

Edit: I'd be fine if they did away with the LFG system, but then it would be an even bigger pain to find a group of 5 to complete a dungeon (especially while leveling.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:25 am

The problem is not DPS, it's that tanking is simply not attractive enough. If it was, more people would queue as tanks (I am looking at you, plate DPS).
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:50 am

Koatanga wrote:The problem is not DPS, it's that tanking is simply not attractive enough. If it was, more people would queue as tanks (I am looking at you, plate DPS).

I have an excuse... my plate wearer would tank if not for random latency that would inevitably cause someone else to tank due to me not being able to keep aggro (gogomagetank!) That will change once I get back to Germany (then I'll likely alternate between tanking and dpsing.)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:46 am

Koatanga wrote:The problem is not DPS, it's that tanking is simply not attractive enough. If it was, more people would queue as tanks (I am looking at you, plate DPS).

Each case is different, the day tanking is interesting enough to pull the masses of johnDK/rolfstompwarrior/retlol/spiritequipedferaldruid is the day i drop protection...
From my point of view, tank and heal is supposed to be different from DPS, don't get me wrong,i don't believe tanking is reserved for the "Chosen ones", I am and like to be Retri MS.

Unless you put the tanking at a state that everyone and their dog can tank a hc... most of the players won't get near tanking.
And you'll get three things that way:
A) 90% of the current tanks go healer/dps
B) The issue will then be "there aren't enough healers" and the pure will stay in the same spot
C) You have WotLK again
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Previous

Return to General