iPhone authenticator

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

iPhone authenticator

Postby Pfife » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:38 am

My contract with AT&T is finally up and I'm planning on upgrading my iPhone to 4 and switching to Verison. I'm assuming I'll be able to get all my apps back considering they are purchased through iTunes rather than my carrier. However I am unsure if I will have to un-attach the authenticator from my account and then reattach the new one under a different code. Has anybody else dealt with a similar situation before?
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Re: iPhone authenticator

Postby Flex » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:41 am

You will need to detach your current authenticator from your account and attach the new one.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Chunes » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:55 am

Flex wrote:You will need to detach your current authenticator from your account and attach the new one.

This.

If you're not already doing so, you should also write down your mobile auth's unique id number in case your phone takes a shit. I got lucky and was able to procure one of my old CD keys when this happened to me, but if I hadn't been able to, I would have been up a creek for a few days.
Chunes

Postby Pfife » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:13 am

Thanks for the quick replies. I'll be taking care of this today and upgrading tomorrow.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Teranoid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm not sure this is entirely correct as my first authenticator was on an old LG phone that had no service (and no SIM card for that matter) and I used that for months before I got my iphone and authenticator. According to the battle.net site you don't even need to have service on the phone or an internet connection unless you need to resync it.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:45 pm

Teranoid wrote:I'm not sure this is entirely correct as my first authenticator was on an old LG phone that had no service (and no SIM card for that matter) and I used that for months before I got my iphone and authenticator. According to the battle.net site you don't even need to have service on the phone or an internet connection unless you need to resync it.

Correct. You can continue to use your old phone and authenticator for as long as you want but if you are giving up the phone detach first.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Pfife » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:34 pm

Thanks for the input. I've already disconnected from the iPhone authenticator and attached the freebie I got from Blizzcon. I'll be doing the reverse in a few weeks since switching two days in a row may flag my account.
Pfife

Postby Beefchief » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:46 pm

I have both the physical one and the iPhone version, but I prefer the iPhone version because I always have the phone with me - I don't always have the physical authenticator when I go out, however. That and I'm paranoid about the thing losing its battery charge one day.
Beefchief

Return to General