4.1 PTR

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.1 PTR

Postby twinkfist » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:31 pm

an easy way to solve all of this. normal level is what it is. heroics are sort of hard but will sort of be like wrath heroics. real heroics everyone has a wet noodle and a loin cloth...and that's it.
twinkfist

Postby twinkfist » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:13 pm

saw this on wowhead...not sure if it's an april fool's joke or not, but it looks like there will be a BOA heirloom tanking sword now in patch 4.1

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69893#.
twinkfist

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:16 pm

According to the post there are multiple tanking heirlooms on the PTR.

It's probably not a joke, expecially seeing that now tank specs are actually viable for exping and one would hate to have to use a DPS helm/cloak all the way to 85.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby theckhd » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 pm

tlitp wrote:
theckhd wrote:I don't think it's unreasonable to make the old stuff a little easier to increase the content available to that group, especially since 4.1 adds new heroics that are (presumably) another step up in difficulty. People of sufficient skill level will have those new 5-mans to chew on, if they're not already raiding.

I. I've reemphasized the offending argument.
II. Nor can one generalize that "being convenient" is necessarily better than "being (unreasonably/unnecessarily) hard". And yet, we are where we are. You play the game, I don't. :)

I. I still don't see the generalization. "They are nerfing content A to difficulty X-dX, but adding content B which should have a difficulty of approximately X" is not a generalization. Nor is "people of skill level X will have new content B to replace content A."
II. I never said either of those, just that the game needs to provide content to cover both groups if it wants to maintain a large player base. The game already does this (and always had), all this change does is shift where "5-man heroics" fit into the overall picture.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Shoju » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:34 pm

twinkfist wrote:saw this on wowhead...not sure if it's an april fool's joke or not, but it looks like there will be a BOA heirloom tanking sword now in patch 4.1

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=69893#.

I really hope that they give us a way to exchange the old heirloom plate for the new tank plate. I don't want to spend another 1500g for an item that I'm not going to use much longer....
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:42 pm

Heirloom trade-ins! I'd love that.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Aerron » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:25 am

Sorry if this got posted anywhere else, I haven't seen it yet. And although this is not a patch note, the following was in a Q&A on mmo-champion that a guildie pointed out to me:

There are a few issues embedded in this question. One is that while we like the random nature of the Throne of the Four Winds gear overall, it occupies a strange niche in the current itemization scheme. Al'Akir for example is fairly challenging, but so are Cho'gall and Nefarian. The net result is that many players lack epic legs, heads or shoulders and so have a strong incentive to spend Valor Point on their tier set of legs. By the time they defeat Al'Akir, nobody wants his legs. We plan on tweaking those loot tables a little for 4.1; Al'Akir will drop some random necks and cloaks as well as helm or shoulder tokens in addition or in some cases instead of his current loot.
Aerron

Postby mavfin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:03 pm

And an attempt at lowering long queue times...

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1679 ... ll-to-arms

Of course, the QQ is fierce, mostly from the whiney, selfish DPS who are the reason a lot of tanks don't want to queue...
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Amirya » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:19 pm

mavfin wrote:And an attempt at lowering long queue times...

Of course, the QQ is fierce, mostly from the whiney, selfish DPS who are the reason a lot of tanks don't want to queue...

The only thing I don't care for regarding that dungeon finder is the solo queue part.

Granted, I do understand why they don't want it to be a guild run and get that perk, but now I can't queue with my one friend/guildmate who happens to be on at the same time?

I honestly don't see me queuing up, I already get enough abuse from idiot dpsers when I'm queued with only one other person. I don't need to get it when I'm alone.

But! It is a good attempt, and I do applaud Blizzard for taking some steps to addressing it.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Míshra » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:22 pm

mavfin wrote:And an attempt at lowering long queue times...

This Change only takes classes which can DPS and Tank to switch to a tank spec and then go into this "Call to Arms".

Noob Tanks inc ... and the best on it: they learn nothing, why? its to easy :-/

For my Tankadin, its ok, some new Mounts and extra Gold.

For my Healadin, get the fuck off random groups x.X
Míshra

Postby laterna » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:32 pm

The amount of "I has reslincienc gaer I r tanks" this patch is going to bring will make baby jesus cry
laterna

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:54 pm

So they introduce this NOW, after how long the random LFG service has been running, and THE ENITRE TIME tanks being very hard to find.

Fact of the matter is most people out there simply can't or don't care about gearing, gemming, enchanting, marking, pulling, interrupting, controlling, agro managing, not standing in fire, avoiding cleaves, popping cool downs properly AND copping abuse from tards for them pulling aggro, breaking CC, not doing interupts or just existing.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:56 pm

Vote to kick the obvious dps-posing-as-tanks. They only get rewarded for completing.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby knaughty » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:43 am

It's a decent idea - I'll actually do a random queue a couple of times to see how it goes.

I tried the "buff idiots by 30%" tweak they applied recently, and it was still slower than doing the daily as a guild group, so I've random queued... half a dozen times, ever?

Interesting try. I'm expecting that the rewards will be insufficient to make it worthwhile (to me) for more than another half dozen attempts for interest's sake.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Koatanga » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:46 am

"We don't feel the tanking and healing roles have any inherent issues that are causing the representation disparity, except that fulfilling them carries more responsibility."

Orly?

Tank ratio, 5-mans: 1 per 5 players
Tank ratio, 10-man: 1.5 (tank and sometiems tank) per 10 players
Tank Ratio, 25-man: 2.5 (2 tanks, 1 sometiems tank) per 25 players

No representation disparity there....
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

PreviousNext

Return to General