4.1 PTR

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: 4.1 PTR

Postby Darielle » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Malfurion's Gift has a new effect - In addition, the cooldown of your Tranquility is reduced by 150/300 minutes. (Ok we'll just assume they mean seconds)

Lolol
Darielle

Postby Thornir » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:32 pm

Grand Crusader will now generate a charge of Holy Power if the Avenger Shield it procs is used within 6 seconds.

Hoo boy.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Prolly to make up for the HoPow loss on dodge/miss/parry events of HotR/CS. Also to prevent holding back on HoPow for a smart WoG -- as in, making less painful to hold back on it if you know there's a chance you can generate back the 3 HoPow faster than before.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Dantriges » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:10 pm

Hm, nice.

Ok more proc dependant and I am not really a friend of all this procs but well, better than nothing.
Dantriges

Postby Ezharon » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Grand Crusader will now generate a charge of Holy Power if the Avenger Shield it procs is used within 6 seconds.

I like it! 8)
Loatr Tankadin since patch 1.9
Ezharon

Postby Iselian » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40 pm

Love it. Puts some change into our rotation. When Sword and Board hits, warriors are all "Yeah buddy!" When Grand Crusader procs, right not we're saying "Oh, that's nice. I'll get there after holy power dump, two crusader strikes and a judgement." Now we want to hit it, right off. I can see inq + SotR being used though, if procs favor, which might cause problems. But that's a big if.
Iselian

Postby Loras » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm

That's an awesome change, finally a useful proc (outside of 5-man content where Grand Crusader was just overpowered... Being able to lock whole groups from casting spells for so long was a huge advantage compared to the rest of the tanks). I approve wholeheartedly :)
Loras

Postby Arianne » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 pm

If it causes issues with ShoR + Inq then they'll put an ICD on it (there probably is already).
Arianne

Postby Tektos » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:43 pm

Just my thoughts on the changes

DG nerf, I'm curious about the objective of this. Is it to avoid raids stacking paladins? If so then actually reducing the cooldown would be a better effect on that as 1 paladin could use it to cover the requirements of the raid rather than having multiple pallies to pop DG when needed. If it is that powerful of a cooldown then increasing the cooldown actually encourages raid stacking.
e.g. "this boss kill lasts ~7 minutes and it does huge AOE damage phases 3 times in the fight" - this would encourage the raid to bring 2 paladin tanks to cover each of the aoes with a DG, rather than one paladin being able to cover it all on his own. Increase the cooldown even further and you're compelled to bring a paladin for every single heavy AOE damage phase.
Because of this it seems that the reasoning behind the cooldown increase is that they actually think it is too strong of a cooldown. If that is the case why change the cooldown rather than changing the % damage reduction? It would make a lot more sense to me.
If it is too powerful, nerf the skill not the cooldown.
If it is to prevent stacking paladins, lengthening the cooldown only encourages further stacking of paladins to mitigate the increase in cooldown.

WoG nerf, without using WoG every so often to heal myself/others in the raid I will just feel like another DPS class that instead of standing behind the boss stands in front of it, mindlessly spamming my "get 3 HP -> SoTR" rotation. Having WoG as a frequent heal kept me on my toes "Does anyone need some heals? No -> SoTR, Yes -> WoG". I felt like I actually had to think and that I contributed more to the raid than "stand there getting hit and hold more agro than everyone else". I know that is inevitably the entire idea and purpose of being a tank, but it gets old when they remove any variety from my play other than doing only.

I completely dislike the idea of WoG being just another cooldown, did they not think we had enough already?
As an engineer paladin I have 11 different "stop me dieing" type cooldowns (excluding WoG) so I certainly didn't need another. I much preferred being a tank with some pseudo offheals.
Tektos

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:51 pm

Thornir wrote:

Hoo boy.

What is this I don't even
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:49 pm

Omg I'm totally getting it back in my spec.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zibey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:53 pm

I actually had to read that line like 4 times before I understood it. Oh well - seems I still have a lot to learn about English.

I must admitt I really like the change - I actually wanted to go to theck's lab and check if he did any math on it (now - after we have lot of empty gcd's after HoPo nerf), when I saw the note on MMO Champ.

I definately look forward to it, even if I still think Blizz should go drown after 4.0.6 ^^

Regarding inq+sotr I am not sure if I get your concerns - it is possible now, and after the change it will only make it more likely to happen. Or am I missing something?
Gniev - The Maelstrom EU
Zibey

Postby Gaxby » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:05 am

Ezharon wrote:

I like it! 8)

I got a Grand Crusader proc in my pants after reading it. :P
Gaxby, Energizer Pally of Grim Batol
Gaxby

Postby Passionario » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:21 am

mclem wrote:No Firelands in 4.1. If I'm reading this right, they don't think guilds in general have got far enough through the raids yet. So we'd be looking at the 5-mans with the next raid coming later in 4.2 (they're also planning more, faster content patches - again, somewhat more akin to Vanilla)

As long as the gap between 4.1 and 4.2 isn't too great, I approve of this approach.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Gaxby » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:24 am

Passionario wrote:
mclem wrote:No Firelands in 4.1. If I'm reading this right, they don't think guilds in general have got far enough through the raids yet. So we'd be looking at the 5-mans with the next raid coming later in 4.2 (they're also planning more, faster content patches - again, somewhat more akin to Vanilla)

As long as the gap between 4.1 and 4.2 isn't too great, I approve of this approach.

Me too. I would much rather have them take their time and present a finished product instead of rushing half-ass made content out.
Gaxby, Energizer Pally of Grim Batol
Gaxby

PreviousNext

Return to General