Remove Advertisements

New type of bot? Odd game behavior?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

New type of bot? Odd game behavior?

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Saw it today in Deepholm, and really not sure what to make it. :?

I was flying around herbing/mining on my drood, south of the central spire, just a little north of the crashed zepplins.

I saw this 'mob' heading very quickly due south.
I was close enough that its health bar appeared briefly (i run TPTP threat plates).
Appeared to be a NPC (Hostile red).
It "flew" past me about 10-15 foot above the ground, then entered into cliff, dissapearing out of my range of view.
It was moving way faster than any form of travel, in a dead straight line with no movement animation and from what I saw it wasn't mounted and looked (possibly) like a trogg?

This isn't the first time either, I've caught glimpses of such behavior before, but this was the clearest and closest.

Anyone else seen this?

[Note] Ive had a few ore/herb nodes dissapear from under me in this zone, but typically i get very good yields with dense herb coverage. Zone doesn't "Feel" botted out.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: New type of bot? Odd game behavior?

Postby Teranoid » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:01 pm

No its definately a trogg. My brother and I have seen him almost every day when we go out to do Therazane dailies. At first we started to see him only over by where you stomp the mushrooms but we were levelling some alts and once saw him flying halfway across the zone up by the airship.

It is quite possibly one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen and part of me hopes they never find out about it or fix it.
Teranoid

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:08 pm

O good, so im NOT seeing things. 8)

That trogg is certainly going places!
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Fetzie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:25 am

I remember on the 3.3 PTR, the forgemaster boss in pit of saron had learned how to fly...whenever he did his throw saronite move he would jump 30 feet in the air and fly away.

I think the reason deepholm is not easy to bot is that the terrain is so varied and also that you actually need a level 82 to be able to enter the zone.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:17 am

Pyrea wrote:I remember on the 3.3 PTR, the forgemaster boss in pit of saron had learned how to fly...whenever he did his throw saronite move he would jump 30 feet in the air and fly away.

I think the reason deepholm is not easy to bot is that the terrain is so varied and also that you actually need a level 82 to be able to enter the zone.

I've always wanted to know.. can you have a lock port you there? or does it fizzle and say "must be 82"?
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:25 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Pyrea wrote:I remember on the 3.3 PTR, the forgemaster boss in pit of saron had learned how to fly...whenever he did his throw saronite move he would jump 30 feet in the air and fly away.

I've always wanted to know.. can you have a lock port you there? or does it fizzle and say "must be 82"?

On a similar note, if they're hacking, I'm pretty sure they can hack-port themselves there, assuming there isn't a lvl 82 lock on the zone.

Though, I'm pretty sure if they're bot farming that much, they've probably gained enough xp from farming to hit at least lvl 82.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nemi » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 am

This was a weather balloon. Nothing to see, move along.
Nemi

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:31 am

Skye1013 wrote:Though, I'm pretty sure if they're bot farming that much, they've probably gained enough xp from farming to hit at least lvl 82.

I've easily done 80-82 on my druid simply by mining+herbalism (+ the odd dungeon per day for JP)... In very little time, i'm quite sure a bot could hit 85 in one day.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

True, My herber/miner druid is 98% of her way to level 85, Just through farming in Deepholm.

Place is an absolute treasure trove early morning.
Yesterday morning I had 7 herb/ore dots on my mini map within visual range.
The Easterly quicksilver pools can be densely packed sometimes!
masterpoobaa

Postby Dilvish » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 am

Nemi wrote:This was a weather balloon. Nothing to see, move along.

>.>

<.<
Dilvish
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:56 am

Teranoid wrote:No its definately a trogg. My brother and I have seen him almost every day when we go out to do Therazane dailies. At first we started to see him only over by where you stomp the mushrooms but we were levelling some alts and once saw him flying halfway across the zone up by the airship.

It is quite possibly one of the most hilarious things I have ever seen and part of me hopes they never find out about it or fix it.

yeah, I've seen this dude too and agree they shouldn't fix it due to humor value. I am guessing you guys aren't on the same server as me, so I imagine it is a programming error. I've seen it happen out in the world where mobs would suddenly run past at a *very* high speed and had no interest in me whatsoever (and they didn't appear to be rubber-banding from someone else), until they stopped at a location and resumed normal behavior. Saw a fel reaver do this, and pretty sure I've seen some other mobs do it.
benebarba

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:20 pm

I saw him again this morning!
Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and he was gone.
Ahhh what a fun chap.
masterpoobaa

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:04 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I saw him again this morning!
Ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing and he was gone.
Ahhh what a fun chap.

I just recently caught up on xkcd, and the trogg just reminded me of this :D. If the image is too much, let me know and I'll edit it to just a URL.

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to General