Dont ever give up guild lead, blizzard is ok with theft.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Dont ever give up guild lead, blizzard is ok with theft.

Postby Brute » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:46 am

How is this any different from someone responding to a request for a craft and then running off with the goods? Doesn't that get punished?
Brute

Postby Shathus » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:53 am

While I agree I still would have just asked what he wanted changed and not given control.... for the sake of making the thread more interesting than 5 pages of 'well that was dumb'....

How could he possibly get the guild back through other means?

ie: get an (unknown) alt into the guild and somehow try to be made guild leader "for a quick sec"
convince a friend that's still in there (if there is) to try and get control and kick the current dude.

Something like that.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:15 pm

GMs can see everything that´s written in game. Be it gchat or whispers. You could point out to the GM that he more or less admitted to you, that he stole the guild. I hope you still have the time and date so that the GM doesn´t has much work hunting it down and actually does something instead of declining.

Yes, tey can see your whisper chat. A former GM told me the story hw he discovered some item fraud shenanigans (asking the GM to transfer, aka duplicate the item then destroy the old one) via openeing the would be perpetrators logs. The guy whispered to a friend how he will get his epics from a GM in a minute or so.

So if you find a friendly GM with too much time, perhaps you can get your guild back.

It probably won´t be a regular crime but something Blizzardprobably has to set up some guidelines at some point in the future, now that guilds ae a valuable commodity.

If someone were an officer for two years and I am the guild lead, I would probably trust him, too. Otherwise I would have fired the guy long time ago.

What happens if someone hacks the GL account and does some stuff, he finds funny. just because your toon gave up guild leadership doesn´t mean that yu volunteered to do it?
Dantriges

Postby Chunes » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:55 pm

I'm actually surprised that the GM's would not assist in this matter. I mean, how hard is it to just reinstate rokh as the GM of the guild again and let him execute judgement on the fuckers that thieved the guild?

Unless there's some sort of technical reason behind the scenes, I'm sort of at a loss here.
Chunes

Postby cerwillis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:33 pm

Chunes wrote:I'm actually surprised that the GM's would not assist in this matter. I mean, how hard is it to just reinstate rokh as the GM of the guild again and let him execute judgement on the fuckers that thieved the guild?

Unless there's some sort of technical reason behind the scenes, I'm sort of at a loss here.

Well you have to consider the possibilities for abuse. Here's a hypothetical:

Bob is the GM of a guild and has ruled it with an iron fist since beta. Cata rolls around, and Bob has new RL responsibilities that cause him to cancel all but one raid night for the week, and the new stress is making him an even BIGGER asshole. The officers meet with him and beg him to please give up control of the guild so that they can continue with progression and keep their server 1st status. (the actual privileges have no effect on scheduling, but who knows maybe this guild has weird rules, I digress.) Every raider in the guild has been complaining about Bob's absence, attitude etc, and wants Jim to be the new GM, he's AWESOME!!! Bob reluctantly gives up lead to Jim, perhaps in a moment of alcohol-fueled weakness.

Bob wakes up the next day and says "FUCK THAT," puts in a ticket saying "I've been the GM for 5 years!!", gets his guild back and then disbands it out of spite.

This story, however unlikely, is exactly the type of dispute that Blizz doesn't want to get involved in, and I don't blame them.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby thegreatheed » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:19 pm

cerwillis wrote:
Chunes wrote:I'm actually surprised that the GM's would not assist in this matter. I mean, how hard is it to just reinstate rokh as the GM of the guild again and let him execute judgement on the fuckers that thieved the guild?

Well you have to consider the possibilities for abuse. Here's a hypothetical:

Bob is the GM of a guild and has ruled it with an iron fist since beta. Cata rolls around, and Bob has new RL responsibilities that cause him to cancel all but one raid night for the week, and the new stress is making him an even BIGGER asshole. The officers meet with him and beg him to please give up control of the guild so that they can continue with progression and keep their server 1st status. (the actual privileges have no effect on scheduling, but who knows maybe this guild has weird rules, I digress.) Every raider in the guild has been complaining about Bob's absence, attitude etc, and wants Jim to be the new GM, he's AWESOME!!! Bob reluctantly gives up lead to Jim, perhaps in a moment of alcohol-fueled weakness.

Bob wakes up the next day and says "FUCK THAT," puts in a ticket saying "I've been the GM for 5 years!!", gets his guild back and then disbands it out of spite.

This story, however unlikely, is exactly the type of dispute that Blizz doesn't want to get involved in, and I don't blame them.

GMs can read chat logs.

It would be very easy to prove this is not the case, if it indeed is not the case.

Keep asking. All GMs are not the same. When the patch came out, and my fractured chimera's eye in my belt buckle slot on my crafted BS belt was "moved" to the added BS blue socket, and the belt buckle prismatic slot was empty, I sent in a petition. It was denied 4 times. And the 5th time I got a chimera's eye reimbursed and resocketed the belt to get the socket bonus.
thegreatheed

Postby Belloc » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:26 pm

If there was any evidence of what happened in chat logs, keep putting in tickets. Eventually a GM will help you.
Belloc

Postby Aanar » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:23 pm

I think we're seeing a major downside to the guild "perks". They make the cost of forming new guilds pretty prohibitive. Granted this is an extreme case of stealing a guild, but even for newer players, most people shopping for a guild these days would probably just join an established guild rather than try start and level a new one. If they had an option to split a guild if 10+ people were going to the new guild and let the new guild keep the perks, it would have probably helped this situation. But then that makes it's own problems.
Aanar

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:07 am

That greedy goblin guy predicted this.
With guild levels and perks, a guild is now worth far far more than its bank contents & bankslots.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Vrimmel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:33 am

Wow, what kind of sick bastard would do something like that. Sure, you should never give up guild leadership under any circumstances, but kicking everyone like that shows a lack human of compassion.
Vrimmel

Postby masterpoobaa » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:25 am

Internet rule 1: Internet + Anonymity = cocktard.
Internet rule 2: There are no gurls in the interwebs.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:19 am

Selling guilds is far more profitable than it ever has been, and far more difficult.

I have been talking with some friends about sticking some alts in my current GB guild, leveling it up, and then selling it off at a good price, and splitting the profits.

I saw a level 14 guild just get sold on horde side my server for 50k gold. The entire guild was xferring servers, and they sold the guild on this server for 150k. It had.

7 bank tabs. Only thing they were removing from the bank tabs was enchanting / JC / Flask / Food Mats. There was a nice array of gear, and old mats (wotlk and older) that they were leaving.
cauldrons
both feasts
critter kill squad
Alliance Slayer
Cataclysm dungeon hero
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:40 am

Shoju wrote:Selling guilds is far more profitable than it ever has been, and far more difficult.

[snip]

Cataclysm dungeon hero

This one confuses me. Cataclysm dungeon hero doesn't mean the entire guild gets a mount. Just the people who partook in the heroics get the mount.

Edit: I'm a retard. I was thinking the achievements for the mount, not just completing heroic mode of said dungeons.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:32 am

Yeah, Cata D. Hero for guild gives you the standard of unity.

I bet you could get a guild up to 1k acheive points, with all the good things 250k for a level 10 guild that had all the non raiding things unlocked if you shopped on some larger servers.
Shoju

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:35 am

masterpoobaa wrote:Internet rule 1: Internet + Anonymity = cocktard.

fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General