PvP

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

PvP

Postby Chevalier » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:40 am

If its one thing that I dislike about being a Prot Pally its the complete helplessness against all non-melee classes. If a Mage decides he wants to kill me, then he pretty much has his way. Is this fair?
Chevalier

Postby Palafix » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:41 am

Eye for an eye? /shrug
Palafix

Re: PvP

Postby Brute » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:52 am

Chevalier wrote:If its one thing that I dislike about being a Prot Pally its the complete helplessness against all non-melee classes. If a Mage decides he wants to kill me, then he pretty much has his way. Is this fair?

With full spell damage gear and through use of bubble/blessing of freedom, I can beat some mages.
Brute

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:53 am

Brute wrote:
Chevalier wrote:If its one thing that I dislike about being a Prot Pally its the complete helplessness against all non-melee classes. If a Mage decides he wants to kill me, then he pretty much has his way. Is this fair?

With full spell damage gear and through use of bubble/blessing of freedom, I can beat some mages.

That's a very very bad mage.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Brute » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:56 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Brute wrote:

heh, no wonder our 2v2 rating is in the toilet.
Brute

Postby Rhaenys » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:50 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Brute wrote:

QFT. I have mage friends who melee me to mock me.
Rhaenys

Postby Hixx-LaughingSkull » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:22 pm

I can beat mages in duels, all you need is a 2her and a itchy finger on the BoF/Aura Switches. The only real tough one is frost mages when they use their pet, but timing your bubble or your silence/stun can't really help with this.
Hixx-LaughingSkull

Postby Kayoto » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Hixx-LaughingSkull wrote:I can beat mages in duels, all you need is a 2her and a itchy finger on the BoF/Aura Switches. The only real tough one is frost mages when they use their pet, but timing your bubble or your silence/stun can't really help with this.

Smart Mages will Spellsteal your BoF.
Kayoto

Postby RorikGM » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:06 am

The only time I've been able to beat a caster was when I spec'ed Ret for a few days to try it out. If you're protection and get jumped by a mage/warlock, best to bubble-hearth.
Rorik, 70th lvl paladin, Bleeding Hollow.
RorikGM

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:09 am

The only way i know to beat a mage is using ret gear and combining well silence and stun and bubble.

Me and a prot warrior in guild are in our 2v2 arena team, we decided that if we meet a 2 casters team we just sit down and spam /dance
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Belarkan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:40 am

Well, in BG, its not that bad. I try to kit the mage while other kill him ^^.
Belarkan

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:46 am

Worldie wrote:The only way i know to beat a mage is using ret gear and combining well silence and stun and bubble.

Me and a prot warrior in guild are in our 2v2 arena team, we decided that if we meet a 2 casters team we just sit down and spam /dance

In other words, be Ret or a Blood Elf.

Yeah Prot basically loses against anything that's not meleeing you.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Pulire » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:36 am

I've beaten a couple casters just by outlasting there mana. Mages especially like to keep some distance so they'll be throwing fire from 30+ yards, which is great for taking a couple steps stage left behind a rock to bandage. Duping heals is always a good idea as well. Let them spell steal BoF when you don't need it, it's quite a bit of mana. Dancing resist auras is also amazing, since if you're trying to outlast them you'll probably not be using that many globals trying to use abilities. It's always an uphill battle, but it can be done.
Pulire

Postby Belarkan » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:38 am

I like to be an extreme annoyance in battleground.
Rushing with my mount the the casters and consecration here and there, hitting everyone with seal of justice, dispelling myself and moving behind the casters is soooooooo much fun
Watch them run everywhere, trying to kill you but not being able to cast because you moved on their back, is just sooooooo funny (plus the huge surprise it makes).
It can often give your DPS the time to bring the other down while they try to focus you.
Belarkan

Postby Caelia » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:05 am

To be honest, i spec holy for weekends and bg/do arena's. Maybe on WSG or AV weekends do i stay prot, usually AV tho since i can tank stuff. I do enjoy going into Dreks room and tanking him, his 2 dogs and 1 of the elites still left when we are behind the horde. :D
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Next

Return to General