Remove Advertisements

HotR Hotfixed

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

HotR Hotfixed

Postby Redleg » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:08 am

A hotfix being applied today has addressed the problem where HotR penalized you twice for not being hit/expertise capped. The issue was that if HotR failed to hit your primary target, it wouldn't do the AoE portion. On top of that, the AoE portion if it did work, could be missed/dodged/parried individually by the secondary targets.

What has changed is that now only one roll is performed on the physical component against the primary target. If the physical portion lands, the AoE portion will hit all targets in it's radius without the possibility of misses/dodges/parries.

The ability is now simply all or nothing in that you either hit all targets, or you hit no targets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/225938

The area-of-effect attack of Hammer of the Righteous no longer has a chance to miss secondary targets when the primary attack hits the paladin's target. If the primary attack of Hammer of the Righteous fails to hit the target due to miss/dodge/parry/block, no enemies will be affected by the area-of-effect attack. Rogues who are under Cloak of Shadows, however, are able to resist this damage.

Edit: Should probably mention that as Theck has pointed out to me, the "all or nothing" aspect has always been the way HotR functions. I am not sure if mobs could always miss/dodge/parry the aoe portion or if that was just something that started in 4.0.6, but in either case that aspect has been removed.
Redleg

Re: HotR Hotfixed

Postby majorwoo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:49 am

This worries me a little, as I tend to compare this directly to thunderclap and it feels a lot weaker then thunderclap does now. Aoe tanking could get pretty hairy if you get too many misses/dodges. I'm rethinking if we can afford to drop all the hit/expertise to the extent we have been.
Despite all my rage, I am still just a Paladin Tank.
majorwoo

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:14 am

Redleg wrote:Edit: Should probably mention that as Theck has pointed out to me, the "all or nothing" aspect has always been the way HotR functions. I am not sure if mobs could always miss/dodge/parry the aoe portion or if that was just something that started in 4.0.6, but in either case that aspect has been removed.

This is how it's behaved since beta. Also note that the AoE portion was treated as a spell, so it would only hit/miss (no dodges or parries) and worked on the spell hit table (17% miss before talents, 9% after talents but before spell hit rating is considered).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Redleg » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 am

theckhd wrote:Also note that the AoE portion was treated as a spell, so it would only hit/miss (no dodges or parries) and worked on the spell hit table (17% miss before talents, 9% after talents but before spell hit rating is considered).

Ah, of course that makes perfect sense seeing as how it's a spell damage portion of the ability. Thanks for the clarification on that.
Redleg

Return to General