Remove Advertisements

With Rebuke base, how much have you....

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: With Rebuke base, how much have you....

Postby Chunes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I will forever be jealous of the various mobility moves available to warriors and of course, spell reflect. I don't think I could really justify arguing that paladins should have them though, despite how nice they would be.

Funny side story:

If you've ever run a heroic with a prot warrior and holy priest who use their full toolkits, you'll never see a tank bouncing around as much as that. I was running with a prot war in my guild who uses the mobility moves pretty much on cooldown and I personally think Lifegrip is the best spell in the game. Needless to say, the tank was pretty much airborne for half the instance.
Chunes

Postby mavfin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:06 pm

Meloree wrote:
Brekkie wrote:Highly recommend mouse button as a good interrupt hotkey.

I use R. It's just been a standard interrupt key across all my characters since forever.

I just put it where I've had shield bash since 2005.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 pm

You people should see how fucking awesome is the Rebuke animation for a female dwarf.

Also, my Rebuke is on Alt+2, has been there since 12 days in a macro. It's in the same position as Shield Bash, Mind Soothe and Skull Bash for my other tanks.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Njall » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Worldie wrote:You people should see how fucking awesome is the Rebuke animation for a female dwarf.

And she tastes great with her newly redesigned racial.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 pm

racial which is half-off the GCD now even.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Njall » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:38 pm

Worldie wrote:racial which is half-off the GCD now even.

The Tiny! Angry! Woman! She must be mine! Or is that those adorable Wildhammer shamans? I forget.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Why not have your cake and eat it too? I say g o for both Njall!
thatguy

Postby warden » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:51 pm

Worldie wrote:You people should see how fucking awesome is the Rebuke animation for a female dwarf.

Also, my Rebuke is on Alt+2, has been there since 12 days in a macro. It's in the same position as Shield Bash, Mind Soothe and Skull Bash for my other tanks.

Same, all my interrupt classes have it on the same button (also R for me). On a side note, I sat here for almost 2 minutes trying to figure out what I was missing by not having mind soothe keybound on my priest (or even on my bar for that matter). Then I realized Worldie must mean mind freeze.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:09 pm

God its good.

Too good.

Its gonna get nurfed you know. Can guarantee it.

Rebuke > AS > Rebuke > stun > Rebuke > AS again (Talented of course)... (add in arcane torrent if you are Belf)
If done at the right time during a mobs cast you will have a guaranteed 20sec+ of interruption on a target.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Chunes » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:32 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:God its good.

Too good.

Its gonna get nurfed you know. Can guarantee it.

Rebuke > AS > Rebuke > stun > Rebuke > AS again (Talented of course)... (add in arcane torrent if you are Belf)
If done at the right time during a mobs cast you will have a guaranteed 20sec+ of interruption on a target.

I don't really see this as a problem. AS is only available to prot and in a 1v1 situation, I find it doubtful that prot will have the burst to take the person down before they have a chance to retort.

Holy certainly won't and they don't have AS.

Ret will have the same tools they always had.

Now if ret had another silence/interrupt, I think the nerfbat might swing. Or look at DK's: taking frost as an example, they have mindfreeze (10sec), strangulate (2min), deathgrip (35sec), and hungering cold (30sec). Chain those in the right order and you could probably lock a caster down much longer than a prot paladin could. Nobody cries nerf there though.
Chunes

Postby Amirya » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:15 pm

warden wrote:

Same, all my interrupt classes have it on the same button (also R for me). On a side note, I sat here for almost 2 minutes trying to figure out what I was missing by not having mind soothe keybound on my priest (or even on my bar for that matter). Then I realized Worldie must mean mind freeze.

No, Worldie is a priest tank.

PW:S, dot up, renew, PW:S again if necessary, mind soothe, then mindflay the fucker.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Draenei animation is a hoof kick. Probably pretty standard but somehow I like it to rebuke someone with a hoof kick.
Dantriges

Postby Belloc » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:59 pm

Shathus wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Arcanotron was my bitch.

This. That and I kept casting it on random other abilities in heroics just to see if it would interrupt or not since I didn't have the luxury before.

Hell, I even healed my random heroic and in Stonecore we didn't have enough CC for all the casters/elementals before Ozruk so I just ran in and interrupted them too... because I could! That and it helped reduced overall damage taken to stop the AoE.

Also helped on Maloriak when I'm always cursing DPS for not being fast enough on Arcane Storm.

Now if we can just get a purge/dispel.... :D

This may have already been said (since I haven't read the next two pages), but there are two kinds of enemy cast bars. There's a thick bar with a shield and a thin, generic bar. The generic bar cast spells are interruptable, shield bars are not. Enjoy! :D
Belloc

Postby rodos » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Belloc wrote:
Shathus wrote:This. That and I kept casting it on random other abilities in heroics just to see if it would interrupt or not since I didn't have the luxury before.

This may have already been said (since I haven't read the next two pages), but there are two kinds of enemy cast bars. There's a thick bar with a shield and a thin, generic bar. The generic bar cast spells are interruptable, shield bars are not. Enjoy! :D

While we're throwing things out there. Just because a cast bar has the shield doesn't mean there's nothing you can do about it. There are a number of trash mobs that have nasty "uninterruptable" abilities, but are not immune to stuns, crowd control, and "forced movement" effects like Death Grip and knock-backs.
rodos

Postby Dilvish » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:38 pm

Belloc wrote:
Shathus wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Arcanotron was my bitch.

This. That and I kept casting it on random other abilities in heroics just to see if it would interrupt or not since I didn't have the luxury before.

Hell, I even healed my random heroic and in Stonecore we didn't have enough CC for all the casters/elementals before Ozruk so I just ran in and interrupted them too... because I could! That and it helped reduced overall damage taken to stop the AoE.

Also helped on Maloriak when I'm always cursing DPS for not being fast enough on Arcane Storm.

Now if we can just get a purge/dispel.... :D

You never know when there are noobs like me reading. I would be even worse than I am if it weren't for tid bits like this that I invariably miss on my own. Thank you!
Dilvish
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General