Remove Advertisements

How do you handle beggars?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How do you handle beggars?

Postby Beefchief » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:43 pm

This is how I do it. I'm usually close enough to a Trade Goods vendor to do so.

Beefchief

Re: How do you handle beggars?

Postby bldavis » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:53 pm

:lol:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 pm

I usually say something along the lines of

"I would recommend you message (name) and see if he would help you, he's a great guy (or he's VERY generous).

the (name) is usually any troll that is being rude / idiotic in trade chat.

They are also usually alot meaner to the beggers than me so.. it ends up funny.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby sherck » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:57 pm

That is seriously funny. The mining pick, heh.

But, seriously, whenever my main server is down, I typically just jump to a new server, start a new toon and if I like how things are going, pick up mining and herbing and by level 12 I typically have 20 or 30 gold in my pocket from selling my stuff.

How hard is that?

Cheers,
sherck

Postby thatguy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Invite said beggar to party. Tell them to get on your X 53 Touring Rocket flying mount, tell them that you're going to show them where they can make 5k gold in less than 15 minutes. Fly up to a deserted area difficult to reach, go higher, higher still, and eject them.
thatguy

Postby Aanar » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:03 pm

I think you can turn off trading in the menu somewhere. I did this to avoid the random trade windows in crowded cities. It agrovages mages a little in randoms when the try to give me food, but then I can just target them and start the trade and it works fine.
Aanar

Postby Shathus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:04 pm

thatguy wrote:Invite said beggar to party. Tell them to get on your X 53 Touring Rocket flying mount, tell them that you're going to show them where they can make 5k gold in less than 15 minutes. Fly up to a deserted area difficult to reach, go higher, higher still, and eject them.

I miss the days of picking guildies up in my mecho-hog and then driving out of the pipe in the Dalaran Sewers as a parachute cloack/bubble dive to safety.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm

I
thatguy wrote:Invite said beggar to party. Tell them to get on your X 53 Touring Rocket flying mount, tell them that you're going to show them where they can make 5k gold in less than 15 minutes. Fly up to a deserted area difficult to reach, go higher, higher still, and eject them.

I actually did something JUST like this the other day but with a twist.

I said "Oh ! I don't have ANYTHING on this toon but come with me I'll take you too where my other toon is so I can give you some stuff to help you. *They get in* I start flying out of org... "hey do you need some bags too? I have a bunch of 12 slot bags on my main that has the goodies and they're just wasting space?" Begger- Oh yeah man that would be REALLY helpful to go with that gold I need!.

I land on a random rock sticking out of a cliff like wall near the outside of org (to high to jump without dying), eject em and say - i'll brb on my main he's standing here..slow pc , will be a sec..

Fly away and then logged off for dinner.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:42 pm

"Can I have <insert random amount of copper/silver/gold> for <whatever> plz?"

"No."

/ignore
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:56 pm

^

A simple "No" works, I find.

Also, nice name suppression in the screenshot. I see the name is obscured on the trade window, but there it is above his head as he stands next to you.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Amirya » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Koatanga wrote:^

A simple "No" works, I find.

Also, nice name suppression in the screenshot. I see the name is obscured on the trade window, but there it is above his head as he stands next to you.

I've tried the no without the ignore.

I've had far too many be persistent. "But you're in endgame gear/have epic flying/are an engineer/other lame excuse! It's only <whatever amount they want>, and it's only for <whatever they wanted it for>!"

I got tired of the, "I understand that, but I said no, and I will not repeat myself."
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:04 pm

sherck wrote:That is seriously funny. The mining pick, heh.

pick up mining and herbing and by level 12 I typically have 20 or 30 gold in my pocket from selling my stuff.

It's not hard, but some players may be just new enough that they don't know. If so, BUYING THEM a pick (awesome) and saying "go mine+herb, sell them on the Auction House. I can help you determine what is a good price" is both helpful and an amusing response if they are genuinely a beggar.

I guess i'm lucky that I've almost never been begged for gold, so I can spend the time to be nice when I do.
Kelaan

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:29 pm

open trade place all the gold I have in trade then go /afk
Rachmaninoff

Postby Blackharon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:38 pm

I usually tell them that's what a guild is for. Then the inevitable 'Can I join your guild?' 'You can fill an app at bloodofthetitans.com and be sure to type the reason you want to join as "I want you're gold"'

Even had beggar do it. That was good for a few laughs.
The Cat's out of the bag!
Pickpawcket for iPhone and iPad
http://www.pickpawcket.com
Blackharon

Postby halabar » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Rachmaninoff wrote:open trade place all the gold I have in trade then go /afk

Heard of quite a few doing this.. and in one case the cat walked across the keyboard.. and you guessed it.. oops.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Next

Return to General