Remove Advertisements

DC Universe Online

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: DC Universe Online

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:19 pm

Sabindeus wrote:No I'm not talking about LCD pixel scaling fuzziness here

Doesn't Invis mean that instead of designing UI elements for the various VGA resolutions they'll design one for like 1280x768 or whatever and then scale that image up and down?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:29 pm

Flex wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:No I'm not talking about LCD pixel scaling fuzziness here

Doesn't Invis mean that instead of designing UI elements for the various VGA resolutions they'll design one for like 1280x768 or whatever and then scale that image up and down?

That's not what I read :/

Images scaled by the graphics card look just fine. The WoW UI looks crisp at pretty much any scale. Invis was, I believe, referring to the scaling that happens if you have a native X by Y LCD monitor and hand it W by Z resolution input. (which tends to look muddy)
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:43 pm

I half read it so you're probably right!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby sahiel » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:53 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Aanar wrote:For WAR PvP, that is cool that tanks can physically guard doors from the enemy. Does that also prevent you from running past your own tanks?

From what I remember in WAR tanks also had multiple options for pushing people around and making them sorry if they tried to do certain things. Being able to actually stand between the enemy and your ally/base/flag/whatever was a pretty big deal.

Yep exactly, some tanks had abilities such that friendlies in a small area behind them get increased protection or resistance to spells, etc. As you say they can also chose someone to 'protect' and gain extra benefits if their enemies try to ignore the tank and kill the person they're protecting.

Whilst far from perfect pvp in WAR was certainly very dynamic, they did an excellent job at involving every class and spec, in fact for me it was the most enjoyable and strategic pvp i've engaged in in an MMO thus far.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:52 am

sahiel wrote:Yep exactly, some tanks had abilities such that friendlies in a small area behind them get increased protection or resistance to spells, etc. As you say they can also chose someone to 'protect' and gain extra benefits if their enemies try to ignore the tank and kill the person they're protecting.

I also remember something like the orc tank class had some knock downs or something?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Previous

Return to General