The all Preist and Paladin raiding guild.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

The all Preist and Paladin raiding guild.

Postby Sànguinius » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:44 am

So a friend of mine and I had a rather interesting conversation if a all priest and paladin guild would be possible.

Here is the ideas we came up with.

Pros:

-Would have Kings, Might and Fort.
-Plenty of Auras.
-CC to deal with most adds that spawn (repentance ftw.)
-Good healers, Holy pallies are looking great and so are holy preist, disc still needs work.

Cons:
-Lack of Heroism, Armor debuff, arcane intellect, magic damage increase, spell and melee crit.
-Inability to curse curses.
-Preist AOE is down.
-Ret needs to be fixed (happening soon)

So baring that in mind would such a feat be possible? I am not planning on actually doing this, just merely wondering "what if...? "
"The man who knows why, will always be better than the man who knows how."
Sànguinius

Re: The all Preist and Paladin raiding guild.

Postby Shoju » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:01 am

You probably could. I would be curious if there are any curses that would just keep you from being able to complete stuff.
Shoju

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:10 am

Sànguinius wrote:So a friend of mine and I had a rather interesting conversation if a all priest and paladin guild would be possible.

Here is the ideas we came up with.

Pros:
-Would have Kings, Might and Fort.
-Plenty of Auras.
-CC to deal with most adds that spawn (repentance ftw.)
-Good healers, Holy pallies are looking great and so are holy preist, disc still needs work.

Cons:
-Lack of Heroism, Armor debuff, arcane intellect, magic damage increase, spell and melee crit.
-Inability to curse curses.
-Preist AOE is down.
-Ret needs to be fixed (happening soon)

So baring that in mind would such a feat be possible? I am not planning on actually doing this, just merely wondering "what if...? "

You would also lack any sort of battle resurrection, whether with Rebirth or Soulstone. No healthstones. No threat transfer mechanic (Misdirect or Tricks). Any sort of group slow (Chill effect from mages, Earthbind totems). And if you recall in BC, there were void demon types at one of the Tempest Keep instances (Arcatraz, I think?) where they would actually absorb a particular school of magic. With only priests or paladins, you've got access only to Holy or Shadow Magic. As an example, if your make up is a paladin tank and paladin healer, and 3 shadow priests, you're seriously gimping yourself if the mob absorbs/reflects the Shadow magic. Access to more schools means less gimping.

Although, the lolfactor of Arthas being tanked by a paladin, with a paladin offtank, 2 paladin healers, a priest healer, and 5 mindflays would be hilarious.

TL;DR - It can be done, sure. I just would look askance at this type of guild.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Gaxby » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

Amirya wrote:Although, the lolfactor of Arthas being tanked by a paladin, with a paladin offtank, 2 paladin healers, a priest healer, and 5 mindflays would be hilarious.=

That should be an achievement. 8)
Gaxby, Energizer Pally of Grim Batol
Gaxby

Postby lythac » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:19 am

Amirya wrote: Access to more schools means less gimping.

Ez-Thro Dynamite

The dynamite for Non-Engineers that nearly always gets to the target! Inflicts 51 to 69 Fire damage in a 5 yard radius. (1 Min Cooldown)

(not sure that works)
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:20 am

lythac wrote:

Ez-Thro Dynamite

The dynamite for Non-Engineers that nearly always gets to the target! Inflicts 51 to 69 Fire damage in a 5 yard radius. (1 Min Cooldown)

(not sure that works)

So have a 5 man throw a dynamite and pray it absorbs fire damage? :lol:

Or goblin damage?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Add hunters and you are golden. That way you have one plate class, one mail class, and one cloth class. Hunters can bring all the missing buffs, and the threat transfer, and some good CC.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 pm

halabar wrote:Add hunters and you are golden. That way you have one plate class, one mail class, and one cloth class. Hunters can bring all the missing buffs, and the threat transfer, and some good CC.

bonus points if it is a pure tauren or dwarf guild

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Belloc » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 pm

It would be an exercise in frustration, but you could probably end up clearing most normal mode raid content. Your damage would be gimped and heroics would be out of the question, though.
Belloc

Postby Vort » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:22 pm

A small conversation that comes up whilst raiding constantly in my guild.

Vort: Hey I wonder if bubble removes the debuff? Oh cool it does, hey you know what would b-
Haunts: Vort, I will give you all the gold in the gbank if you don't say what I know you're going to say.
Vort: But if we had 10 pa-
Haunts: Don't say it Vort.

Then I usually sulk in the corner with my holy paladin buddy.
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby Tektos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:46 pm

All-druid could be fun, you have tanks, healers, melee dps, range dps.

Missing a lot of buffs and auras but oh well, normal mode raids would be possible.
Tektos

Postby rodos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Amirya wrote:
lythac wrote:

Ez-Thro Dynamite

(not sure that works)

So have a 5 man throw a dynamite and pray it absorbs fire damage? :lol:

Or goblin damage?

The void dudes that did that outside one of the manaforges are certainly susceptible to this technique. Other fun options for off-school damage:

Non-engineer
Magic Candle (fire)

Engineer
Frost Grenade (frost)
Tazik Shocker (nature)
Hand-mounted Pyro Rocket (fire)
Goblin Rocket Launcher (fire)
Any other dynamite, grenade or bomb (fire)

Engieering FTW!
rodos

Postby Shoju » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:47 am

My preference for this is the Arcane Bomb. But that might be because I spent way too much gold on the pattern, and craft them so I don't feel bad for buying it.
Shoju

Postby rodos » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm

Shoju wrote:My preference for this is the Arcane Bomb. But that might be because I spent way too much gold on the pattern, and craft them so I don't feel bad for buying it.

As a wise man once said, the Arcane Bomb is the WoW equivalent of the old D&D technique of throwing money at your pursuers so they'll stop to pick it up and allow you to get away.
rodos

Postby Sànguinius » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:24 am

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:Add hunters and you are golden. That way you have one plate class, one mail class, and one cloth class. Hunters can bring all the missing buffs, and the threat transfer, and some good CC.

bonus points if it is a pure tauren or dwarf guild

All space goat guild. Just imagine...

Deathwing: You killed my children... twice... you destroyed the twlight's hammer and nearly disturbed my plans to destroy Azeroth. Notice I said nearly heros? Because now you face the ASPECT OF DEATH HIMSELF! TREMBLE BEFORE MY MI- eh what!?

Draenei (in unison): FOR THE NAARU!!!

Deathwing: WHAT THE FUCK! O_o

A small conversation that comes up whilst raiding constantly in my guild.

Vort: Hey I wonder if bubble removes the debuff? Oh cool it does, hey you know what would b-
Haunts: Vort, I will give you all the gold in the gbank if you don't say what I know you're going to say.
Vort: But if we had 10 pa-
Haunts: Don't say it Vort.

Then I usually sulk in the corner with my holy paladin buddy.

See that alone is justification. :P /kidding
"The man who knows why, will always be better than the man who knows how."
Sànguinius

Return to General