Remove Advertisements

Mana Issues?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Mana Issues?

Postby Sober » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:59 am

Judgement can miss now, so it won't proc JotW if it does miss.
Sober

Postby Rammurg » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:47 am

Sober wrote:Judgement can miss now, so it won't proc JotW if it does miss.

At least it procs from absorbs nowadays, unlike in WotLK.

I've noticed slight mana issues mainly in AoE situations, where Judgement wouldn't be a high priority dps/tps-wise, and since the CS mana cost reductino glyph doesn't affect HotR.
Paladin | Warrior | <Was Here> (recruiting for Finnish 10man raiding), 9/13 10man HC
ImageImage
Rammurg

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:40 am

Okay so... ran a heroic last night (that WASN'T Vortex Pinnacle) and mana really isn't an issue (didn't switch to the healy seal either). I didn't do anything differently and yes I'm still specced into Grand Crusader. I think the issues I was having, that were standing out in my head were caster aoe packs in Pinnacle that left me gasping.

Judgment missing is probably also another thing I never thought of. My hit rating is crap so that probably has something to do with it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:48 am

Nika, as an experiment try using a +hit flask in a caster heavy heroic and then in a melee heavy heroic.

That should pinpoint if it is the misses or the casters?

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:50 am

Barathorn wrote:Nika, as an experiment try using a +hit flask in a caster heavy heroic and then in a melee heavy heroic.

That should pinpoint if it is the misses or the casters?

Barathorn.

Not a bad idea and I've got a bunch of those and some hit food.

We did Lost City last night and I don't remember having issues once. Neither with mana nor with aggro.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:54 am

If you run with the +hit flask/elixir and the hit food it should give you the answers you need and then you can just jumble trinkets about accordingly dependant on heroic.

That is all I plan to do following the Ulushnar Modular gearing technique from TBC.

Mana issues should be fine after that.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby laterna » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 am

I've found that the only case for me to go oom is through either spamming cleanse (trash before Neptulon anyone?) or by going in "auto pilot" mode, with me just spamming aoe abilities for threat.

Also WoG specc without Hollowed Ground (OUCHIES).

But it really does depend on the situation and what I'm doing. In general I have no mana problems.
laterna

Postby Arjuna » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 am

I just focus on my job, holding aggro and surviving...and leave the damage to the three dps:ers...

never having any mana problems at all...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:26 am

Laterna wrote:(trash before Neptulon anyone?)

Off topic, but you can pull the two big guys in the middle to the entrance corridor and kill them there, then run through the gauntlet all the way to the end, instead of killing the big guys in the middle of the hallway and dealing with constantly spawning adds.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kayoto » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:54 am

Interestingly enough, Vortex Pinnacle's the only heroic I've ever had mana issues in, too.

I always chalked it up to basically hitting Holy Wrath on cooldown though (for the glyphed stun effect). /shrug
Kayoto

Postby Nalyn » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:55 pm

Kayoto wrote:Interestingly enough, Vortex Pinnacle's the only heroic I've ever had mana issues in, too.

I always chalked it up to basically hitting Holy Wrath on cooldown though (for the glyphed stun effect). /shrug

Most of my mana issues as a tank, seem to crop up when I get into "AE autopilot" and forget to pop off my judgement. That, and when I get a judgement miss, or two in a row. I've been really, REALLY considering reforging my gear to get to the hit cap, getting tired of seeing judgement miss (then having mana issues), or AS miss, when you need to pick up a mob, or when I actually need/want the interrupt.
Nalyn

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:10 pm

When I am on my tank I sometimes notice a similar issue, but only when I spam HotR and fail to consistently hit either ShotR and/or Judgement. So it is an intermittent issue.

I assume that by getting engrossed in HotR, I fail to trigger some mana regen. My solution is usually to hit DP, and try to switch back into single target rotation, figuring most of the trash should be low enough to be dieing by then and that I don't need to spam at that point.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Gaxby » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:59 am

If you're an Alchemist like me, Endless Mana Potion with Mixology/Alchemist trinket works like a charm for a 24k mana pool.
Gaxby, Energizer Pally of Grim Batol
Gaxby

Postby Dazhbog » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm

If you can afford the HP loss (or have a druid), I'm finding BoMight gives you a bit more of an edge in the mana department. Then again, if I go dry I just pop on SoI for a few swings, so your mileage may vary.
Dazhbog

Postby Shathus » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:04 pm

Dazhbog wrote:If you can afford the HP loss (or have a druid), I'm finding BoMight gives you a bit more of an edge in the mana department. Then again, if I go dry I just pop on SoI for a few swings, so your mileage may vary.

I think the only time I ever buff anything BUT might is when there's another pally in the group. And that's usually because I figure the healer will enjoy/get better use out of the mana returns than me buffing Kings, but I could be wrong.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to General