Remove Advertisements

Patch update from mmo-champion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch update from mmo-champion

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Holy Wrath will ignore critters
All single target attack will trigger Seal of Truth (application?)
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:06 pm

steadypal wrote:hrm why isnt the new sacred duty talent in the prot tree.... blajasdlfkjasdlfjsadlfj

to give retri palas a bit more survivability :)

hot from the MMOC frontpage:
* Forbearance
o The duration has been lowered to 1 minute, down from 2.
o Lay on Hands now causes Forbearance on the target. It used to only cause it when cast on the paladin.
o This was an old design from when Divine Protection caused Forbearance and the paladin didn't want to prevent a tank from using their defensive cooldown.
o Lay on Hands cannot be a critical effect and will not be affected by most abilities which modify healing (such as Beacon of Light).
o Since only Divine Shield, Lay on Hands and Hand of Protection cause Forbearance, the tooltips have been adjusted to better explain the mechanic.
* Holy Wrath no longer counts nearby critters when dividing damage among its targets.
* Seal of Truth: All single target attacks (including Judgement, Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism, and Templar's Verdict) can now trigger this seal.

Holy
* Protector of the Innocent heals for 30% less.

Protection

* Vindication no longer allows Hammer of Justice to interrupt stun-immune targets. With Rebuke baseline, this functionality is no longer necessary.
Retribution
* Act of Sacrifice will no longer cause Cleanse to remove movement impairing effects from vehicles the paladin is riding.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby fudomyou » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:02 pm

Interesting bits of difficulty tuning for heroics, but I have to ask:

If you're going to nerf the swells, why aren't you nerfing the !#%&I^%*(ing Gilgoblins down the street?
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:49 pm

gilgoblins were on the top of my list of expected nerfs tbh. guess i'll just keep LoS pulling them while the dps bomb them the second they start moving.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby rodos » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:12 pm

Pyrea wrote:gilgoblins were on the top of my list of expected nerfs tbh. guess i'll just keep LoS pulling them while the dps bomb them the second they start moving.

While we're chatting off-topic about this instance, anyone know the right strat for healing through the double Faceless Watcher pull there? The ones that bounce you up in the air then chain into the powerful AoE. You have 4-5s where you can only use instant casts (bouncing in the air or running from the AoE) on the tank, who is taking heavy damage from the watcher that's not casting, and there's always the risk that the second one's casts overlap with the first - in which case you're pretty much screwed as far as I can tell.
rodos

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:23 am

Could someone post the actual link to the patch notes from blizz's wow page? I can't read them from mmo, and might have a work around for blizz. Or, if someone could PM me the patch notes (assuming that's not "illegal" according to the forum rules) that would work as well.

Edit: Mkay, nevermind... apparently battle.net isn't blocked, here is the link in case anyone else needs it:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2011384
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:55 am

rodos I replied by PM to keep the thread on-topic.

Fetzie

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:20 am

* Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

Okay. I want to know where the pup ended up...
# Baron Ashbury

* Sadly, in his hubris he has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh.

Sigh. Trivializes the fight.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby thatguy » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 am

Not that anyone cares about shadowpriests, but being able to channel Mind Sear on friendly targets now is not only great but quite entertaining/funny.
thatguy

Postby Njall » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:36 am

# Forbearance

* The duration has been lowered to 1 minute, down from 2.
* Lay on Hands now causes Forbearance on the target. It used to only cause it when cast on the paladin. This was an old design from when Divine Protection caused Forbearance and the paladin didn't want to prevent a tank from using their defensive cooldown.
* Lay on Hands cannot be a critical effect and will not be affected by most abilities which modify healing (such as Beacon of Light).
* Since only Divine Shield, Lay on Hands and Hand of Protection cause Forbearance, the tooltips have been adjusted to better explain the mechanic.

Did I miss this? How did I miss this?

# A socket has been added to all crafted epic armor pieces that did not already have one.

And my belt just got that much better!
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 am

Engineering

* The Electrified Ether recipe now creates 2 to 3 Electrified Ether instead of 1.
* The Heat-Treated Spinning Lure buff duration has been increased to 20 minutes, up from 5. In addition, the recipe now creates 2 at a time.
* Synapse Springs now increase Agility, Strength, or Intellect (whichever is highest for the character).
* Volatile Air now has an increased chance of dropping from rich mining nodes and Pyrite.

Thank you on that Engineering love. On my paladin retribution set, I still use WotLK engineering glove enchant (haste every minute) because it's so much better than the alternative (the 6k tazer). With the change in Synapse Springs, now I can actually go back and enchant with it.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Gerunna » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:57 am

Holy survival hunter nerfs! 25% reduction on Explosive Shot and Black Arrow damage along with capping Serpent Spread to four targets to go along with the almost 5% agility reduction they already announced. Back to the middle of the pack with me then.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:44 am

steadypal wrote:hrm why isnt the new sacred duty talent in the prot tree.... blajasdlfkjasdlfjsadlfj

why WOULD it be in the prot tree? We already had that shit and it was deemed too powerful, why would they go through that again?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Euphoria » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:17 am

rodos wrote:
Pyrea wrote:gilgoblins were on the top of my list of expected nerfs tbh. guess i'll just keep LoS pulling them while the dps bomb them the second they start moving.

While we're chatting off-topic about this instance, anyone know the right strat for healing through the double Faceless Watcher pull there? The ones that bounce you up in the air then chain into the powerful AoE. You have 4-5s where you can only use instant casts (bouncing in the air or running from the AoE) on the tank, who is taking heavy damage from the watcher that's not casting, and there's always the risk that the second one's casts overlap with the first - in which case you're pretty much screwed as far as I can tell.

Tank them inside the closest doorway, it'll prevent the grasp from pulling the group in. Or did the last time I ran the place.
Euphoria

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:15 am

Njall wrote:
* Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.

Okay. I want to know where the pup ended up...
# Baron Ashbury

* Sadly, in his hubris he has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh.

Sigh. Trivializes the fight.

But...Beauty has 4 puppies. 3 in front, 1 hanging out in back. Where's the other one?

And the thing about Baron Ashbury actually saddens me. I haven't completed HSFK yet, but it was a fun fight. It took a lot to kill me.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General