Remove Advertisements

Patch update from mmo-champion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch update from mmo-champion

Postby Gracerath » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:34 am

Also documented somewheres I think they changed the vapors in the Ripsnarl fight to do whatever they do every 8 seconds instead of 6, giving you a bit more time to kill them before they kaboom, or more time to LoS them if that is your bag. (I dunno if anyone does that except for achievement purposes or if I've been doing it wrong the whole time)
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby Meloree » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Senador wrote:It got to the point that our tank assignments on several bosses (Ascendant Council, Maloriak, Halfus, Omnitron) all were based only on one thing “Can the tank reliably interrupt.” I sincerely doubt we were the only ones.

Tanks in T11 aren't generally hitcapped or expertise capped. Therefore, it isn't wise to make tanks part of the interrupt rotation, if interrupting the ability is actually important. It never affected our tank assignments at all, and gaining Rebuke won't affect it either. It'll be helpful for "oh-shit" moments in interrupting, I guess.

Although, maybe Blizzard will address one of my personal pet peeves, and remove the interrupt from AS now. I'm tired of having to hold it back so as not to risk interrupting something with a 3s lockout when we're expecting a longer lockout. They probably won't let us keep 3 (4 for belfs) separate interrupts around.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Arjuna » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:02 am

Meloree wrote:Although, maybe Blizzard will address one of my personal pet peeves, and remove the interrupt from AS now. I'm tired of having to hold it back so as not to risk interrupting something with a 3s lockout when we're expecting a longer lockout. They probably won't let us keep 3 (4 for belfs) separate interrupts around.

I'd rather they do that from hammer in that case, since AS is quite nice to pull casters with...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:03 am

I don't think Meloree is saying they should remove the silence, only the interrupt (the two effects are both applied seperately by AS since 4.0, it interrupts on cast).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Arjuna » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:25 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I don't think Meloree is saying they should remove the silence, only the interrupt (the two effects are both applied seperately by AS since 4.0, it interrupts on cast).

...and it's still useful having a ranged interrupt...hammer interrupts too, has shorter range and longer cooldown...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Meloree » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:03 am

Arjuna wrote:
Meloree wrote:Although, maybe Blizzard will address one of my personal pet peeves, and remove the interrupt from AS now. I'm tired of having to hold it back so as not to risk interrupting something with a 3s lockout when we're expecting a longer lockout. They probably won't let us keep 3 (4 for belfs) separate interrupts around.

I'd rather they do that from hammer in that case, since AS is quite nice to pull casters with...

Hammer isn't a primary rotational ability with which you can accidentally screw up the interrupt rotation, simply by following your muscle memoried threat rotation. Holding back hammer until an interrupt goes off doesn't create empty time in the rotation.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 am

Meloree wrote:
Arjuna wrote:I'd rather they do that from hammer in that case, since AS is quite nice to pull casters with...

Hammer isn't a primary rotational ability with which you can accidentally screw up the interrupt rotation, simply by following your muscle memoried threat rotation. Holding back hammer until an interrupt goes off doesn't create empty time in the rotation.

Mmm, I'm really torn on this right now.

While I agree with you Meloree, that having to hold AS from your rotation sucks balls since you don't want a 3S lockout on the boss, that 3x silence does absolute wonders for pulling casters, and every single time it comes up thereafter. There should be a way to remove it. (Maybe make the glyph remove silence as well as increase damage and make it 1x.)
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Meloree » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 am

Aubade wrote:Mmm, I'm really torn on this right now.

While I agree with you Meloree, that having to hold AS from your rotation sucks balls since you don't want a 3S lockout on the boss, that 3x silence does absolute wonders for pulling casters, and every single time it comes up thereafter. There should be a way to remove it. (Maybe make the glyph remove silence as well as increase damage and make it 1x.)

Interrupt != Silence. The two effects are separate on AS.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:17 am

Meloree wrote:
Senador wrote:It got to the point that our tank assignments on several bosses (Ascendant Council, Maloriak, Halfus, Omnitron) all were based only on one thing “Can the tank reliably interrupt.” I sincerely doubt we were the only ones.

Tanks in T11 aren't generally hitcapped or expertise capped. Therefore, it isn't wise to make tanks part of the interrupt rotation, if interrupting the ability is actually important. It never affected our tank assignments at all, and gaining Rebuke won't affect it either. It'll be helpful for "oh-shit" moments in interrupting, I guess.

Although, maybe Blizzard will address one of my personal pet peeves, and remove the interrupt from AS now. I'm tired of having to hold it back so as not to risk interrupting something with a 3s lockout when we're expecting a longer lockout. They probably won't let us keep 3 (4 for belfs) separate interrupts around.

While it's true that tank interrupts are less reliable and not ideal, 10-mans have significantly fewer interrupts to go around. Our tank assignments have primarily been based around this for Arcanotron and Feludius, and I would find it very annoying to MT Maloriak for the reason you describe.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby OmegaDN » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:50 am

Meloree wrote:
Aubade wrote:Mmm, I'm really torn on this right now.

Interrupt != Silence. The two effects are separate on AS.

What exactly is the difference from a game play stand point? They both essentially do the same thing. The only difference is the silence is easier to apply since you don't have to time it with the enemies' cast bar.

I already see the ProtPally QQ because we can reliable lock down a caster for a decent time and even longer with star aligning procs. :?

I'm guessing they may actually remove the silence/interrupt on AS because of this change. Is that bad? I guess - but only for trash. I mean - LOSing casters isn't so bad.
OmegaDN

Postby Meloree » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:58 am

OmegaDN wrote:What exactly is the difference from a game play stand point? They both essentially do the same thing. The only difference is the silence is easier to apply since you don't have to time it with the enemies' cast bar.

1) Silence is on a DR, interrupts are not.
2) The interrupt for AS applies ON CAST, and the silence applies ON HIT
3) Bosses can be immune to silence without being immune to interrupts (separate flags)

There might be others, but those are the primary distinctions anyway.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:05 pm

Nice new Archaeology changes. The mid level epics that previously required the old level caps can now be used at the beginning of that bracket. And Survey has a 3 second cooldown now.

Also Flask herb requirements greatly reduced.
Last edited by Flex on Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Njall » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Flex wrote:Nice new Archaeology changes. The mid level epics that previously required the old level caps can now be used at the beginning of that bracket. And Survey has a 3 second cooldown now.

That might be why some people are seeing them early. A good fix of an irritating problem. And the dwarf bonus knocks the CD down to 2 seconds. Wish we could get the exact details on getting more fragements for them. It is nice to have a useful racial for a change.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Astronomic » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:26 pm

Dantriges wrote:Their solution now is the best one unless holy abuses the interrupt in pvp but somehow I doubt that healers are jumping in the middle of the fray to interrupt someone or that their teammates are happy with that.

Well I get stunned by holy pallies every time hammer is off their CD, and Holy pallies are all ready my least favorite healer to vs. If I (feral druid with 10sec interupt) teamed with a holy pally we could basically completely lock down another healer from everdoing and cast healz.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby steadypal » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:47 pm

hrm why isnt the new sacred duty talent in the prot tree.... blajasdlfkjasdlfjsadlfj
steadypal

PreviousNext

Return to General