Remove Advertisements

Patch update from mmo-champion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch update from mmo-champion

Postby sherck » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:50 am

Njall wrote:Holy:
* Divine Plea now gives you 12% of your total mana over 9 sec, up from 10% of your total mana over 15 sec.

Well, that is a really nice change for Holy. The amount of mana is not nearly so nice as the reduction of the time; 15 seconds was a really long time to go with 50% heals. 9 seconds is so much nicer and able to get it in transition phases much, much easier. Thank you Blizzard.

Njall wrote:* Light of Dawn base healing has been reduced by 40%, from 1008 - 1124 to 605 - 675.

Wow, I don't know what to say about this one. It already was healing for such a small amount that it seemed almost like a waste to cast anyway. Most times, without Critical Strikes, it was only healing for about 2.5k - 3.0k per target. Now to reduce that by a hard number of around 15%? Down to 2.1k - 2.6k per target? On 110k health pools? Wow, just wow.

It was already accounting for only 5-7% of my healing in Heroics. A pure 15% decrease in that amount means that it is a weak, weak spell. Barely better than my poor Mastery skill.

I thought 31 points talents were suppose to be good and mean something to the spec? If it were a mana based spell, then I might still be interested in it but with it draining my 3x Holy Power? I think I might just go ahead and skip it in my Holy spec and see what happens.

Good golly.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby theckhd » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:03 am

Paladin
* Rebuke can now be trained by all paladins at level 54. Existing characters will need to visit their trainer, even if they had talented Rebuke before.

Let's see, we've been asking for this since I joined the forum in... 2008?

So if there's anything you really really want to have in 2013, be sure to start asking now.

:roll:
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Dantriges » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:46 am

The gap closer is probably already scheduled for 2013. :lol:

Their excuse for not giving an interrupt was really thin. We give you an off GCD interrupt in Hammer when we have the tech for it? Please...

Besides Hammer having a long cooldown.

Their solution now is the best one unless holy abuses the interrupt in pvp but somehow I doubt that healers are jumping in the middle of the fray to interrupt someone or that their teammates are happy with that.
Last edited by Dantriges on Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantriges

Postby twinkfist » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:06 am

just read about rebuke being for all pallies...about time.

for ret...mastery will now probably be the second best stat behind str for ret. so, if you reforged your mastery to other stats...change them back and reforge things like crit and haste to mastery.
twinkfist

Postby Kayoto » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:13 am

Epimer wrote:"Very nice"? "A welcome addition"?! Holy understatement, Batman! It's an off the GCD interrupt for prot!

I'm so happy I could shit a kitten.

THIS.
Kayoto

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:38 am

Rebuke baseline? lkjdfghlkjdhfgljkdshfglhjdsflkghj FUCKING FINALLY

All the necessary Ret buffs going undispellable? dlkfjghldkjfhgldjkshgkhjdf THANK JESUS MARY AND BLIZZARD

Now if they could make Avenging Wrath undispellable maybe I could finally kill mages...

Sacred Shield - When reduced below 30% health, paladins gain the Sacred Shield effect. The Sacred Shield absorbs X damage and increases healing received by 20%. Lasts 15 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds. Undispellable.

My 2s team just got 100% more badass.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Senador » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:40 am

I particularly enjoyed the bit about how they didn’t think Paladins needed an off GCD interrupt, and then put in all of this junk in heroics and raids that you REALLY wanted to interrupt. It got to the point that our tank assignments on several bosses (Ascendant Council, Maloriak, Halfus, Omnitron) all were based only on one thing “Can the tank reliably interrupt.” I sincerely doubt we were the only ones.

It’ll also be god damn nice to never take a shock to the face on Lady Naz’jar in Throne of Tides ever again when Hammer and Arcane Torrent are on cool down...
Senador

Postby Njall » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:41 am

Kayoto wrote:
Epimer wrote:"Very nice"? "A welcome addition"?! Holy understatement, Batman! It's an off the GCD interrupt for prot!

I'm so happy I could shit a kitten.

THIS.

What? You want him to crap out kittens? Surely, Youtube has enough terror to it already.

That said, the news does make me want to hug a merloc.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:44 am

It's like... Christmas came late this year! Paladin buffs across the board!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Levantine » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:00 am

Not gunna lie, this made me happier than anything else in the patch notes:

* The Haste display on the Character Info window (C) now shows the total haste percentage, rather than only haste from haste rating.

Oh sweet jesus I don't have to do that shit in my head anymore.
Levantine

Postby Doxa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:37 am

Yay for Rebuke!
Tanking Trash on Doxa with Consecration(Rank3) Since 2007, on Doxah with Thunderclap since 2009 and on Doxeh with Death and Decay since 2010

Meanwhile, pulling DPS from fire with life-grip on Enlight and throwing lightning on Pneuma.
Doxa
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:46 am

Senador wrote:I particularly enjoyed the bit about how they didn’t think Paladins needed an off GCD interrupt, and then put in all of this junk in heroics and raids that you REALLY wanted to interrupt. It got to the point that our tank assignments on several bosses (Ascendant Council, Maloriak, Halfus, Omnitron) all were based only on one thing “Can the tank reliably interrupt.” I sincerely doubt we were the only ones.

It’ll also be god damn nice to never take a shock to the face on Lady Naz’jar in Throne of Tides ever again when Hammer and Arcane Torrent are on cool down...

nope, was the same for us. Maloriak, halfus, omnotron, heck now I can tell one of the melees at cho'gall that they can do 1k dps more and not stare at the add's cast bar.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Eroslight » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:47 am

ZOMG I GETS TO BE ON INTERRUPT DUTY NOW!!!...... wait that sucks....

But in all seriousness - I am liking the fact that we are now not the only tank without an 10sec CD interrupt.

<3

Eroslight
Eroslight

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:48 am

Senador wrote:It’ll also be god damn nice to never take a shock to the face on Lady Naz’jar in Throne of Tides ever again when Hammer and Arcane Torrent are on cool down...

Or you could've used shield toss?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General