Remove Advertisements

Patch update from mmo-champion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch update from mmo-champion

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:27 am

Njall wrote:
# Baron Ashbury

* Sadly, in his hubris he has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh.

Sigh. Trivializes the fight.

But at the same time makes the fight doable with odd group comps by requiring only one true interrupt now. Same with Beuaty, minimizing the reliance on abilities the group may or may not have is good.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:45 am

Beauty was either laughably trivial or an unending nightmare, depending on what your class comp was.

They should have kept the puppy and removed the fear.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shathus » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 am

Leave the puppies in, but make it optional to engage them all. It's like a mini Sarth 3D heh. If you kill her with all 3 puppies you get a corehound mount (it's the new CoT run!). Obviously that's a lot more development work and not a quick fix, but would be cooler.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:56 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Beauty was either laughably trivial or an unending nightmare, depending on what your class comp was.

Those two changes were designed with the dungeon group finder in mind.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:06 pm

Flex wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Beauty was either laughably trivial or an unending nightmare, depending on what your class comp was.

Those two changes were designed with the dungeon group finder in mind.

Two changes? The only one I'm aware of is the removal of a puppy.

And yes, of course most of these changes are to accommodate the randomness of the LFD with regards to random group comp making some fights considerably more difficult than others. I just think it would have been possible to keep some of the challenge without eviscerating the fight.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:09 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Two changes? The only one I'm aware of is the removal of a puppy.

Other was Baron Ashbury in SFK mentioned earlier in the thread.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Flex wrote:Other was Baron Ashbury in SFK mentioned earlier in the thread.

Ah, I wasn't talking about SFK at all in my post, so I was confused that you quoted me then talked about something else entirely.

But since you bring SFK into it, I'd argue the SFK nerf was unnecessary, especially with paladins getting Rebuke baseline.

The wild swing in difficulty with Beauty depending on comp warranted a change, but taking one puppy out of the equation isn't a good solution. Comps with no CC are still going to struggle with the fear.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:47 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:But since you bring SFK into it, I'd argue the SFK nerf was unnecessary, especially with paladins getting Rebuke baseline.

Warriors, DKs, Paladins have a 10-sec off-GCD interrupt now, right? What do bears interrupt with? I wonder if the dungeon finder smartly makes groups that are sure to have an interrupter.
Kelaan

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:50 pm

Kelaan wrote:Warriors, DKs, Paladins have a 10-sec off-GCD interrupt now, right? What do bears interrupt with? I wonder if the dungeon finder smartly makes groups that are sure to have an interrupter.

Bears have an interrupt. Skull Bash, I think it's called.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:58 pm

Amirya wrote:
Kelaan wrote:Warriors, DKs, Paladins have a 10-sec off-GCD interrupt now, right? What do bears interrupt with? I wonder if the dungeon finder smartly makes groups that are sure to have an interrupter.

Bears have an interrupt. Skull Bash, I think it's called.

Correct, but it requires 2 talent points to be 10 seconds. By default it is 1 minute. The talent reduces CD by 50s (super janky).
d503

Postby rodos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Kelaan wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:But since you bring SFK into it, I'd argue the SFK nerf was unnecessary, especially with paladins getting Rebuke baseline.

Warriors, DKs, Paladins have a 10-sec off-GCD interrupt now, right? What do bears interrupt with? I wonder if the dungeon finder smartly makes groups that are sure to have an interrupter.

IIRC there was a blue post saying that at this time it is not "smart" about CC, interrupts, etc.

On the plus side, there's also been some hints about work being done on it to be more aware of current spec, actual equipped spec-appropriate gear, and previous dungeon experience (or some other measure of competency).
rodos

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 pm

Others might not like this idea, but I think you should be required to have completed the regular at least once before being allowed to do the Heroic (much like MgT.) While the mechanics may be largely different, at least you'd have SOME idea of wtf is going on.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Thornir » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:53 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Others might not like this idea, but I think you should be required to have completed the regular at least once before being allowed to do the Heroic (much like MgT.) While the mechanics may be largely different, at least you'd have SOME idea of wtf is going on.

People would use that to game the system of the RDF, by only doing their "easiest" dungeon (Vortex Pinnacle for me) on normal, and then you would only get VP in your randoms.

Also, it seems certain fights have been buffed as well:

• Anraphet's Nemesis Strike now does 75% of weapon damage, up from 50%. In addition, the damage-over-time effect applied by this ability does 15,000 damage every 2 seconds, up from 9,000.
  • [Ozruk] now does more melee damage.
  • Commander Ulthok now does more melee damage.
  • Skyfall Stars are now summoned to help [Asaad] defeat players.

The last one I'm particularly worried about, since the Stars are really, really annoying, as trash.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:07 pm

Thornir wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Others might not like this idea, but I think you should be required to have completed the regular at least once before being allowed to do the Heroic (much like MgT.) While the mechanics may be largely different, at least you'd have SOME idea of wtf is going on.

People would use that to game the system of the RDF, by only doing their "easiest" dungeon (Vortex Pinnacle for me) on normal, and then you would only get VP in your randoms.

So... to fix this, when you queue for "heroics" it puts you in queue for the regular dungeons you haven't completed as well (same rewards as completing a heroic you only miss out on the JP from bosses)... though that's probably unnecessary since people can still game the system already by just not discovering the entrances. But if they've gotten to the point that they know which ones they don't like... then they've probably run those instances on at least 1 character and the point is moot anyway.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:55 pm

Thornir wrote:Also, it seems certain fights have been buffed as well:

• Anraphet's Nemesis Strike now does 75% of weapon damage, up from 50%. In addition, the damage-over-time effect applied by this ability does 15,000 damage every 2 seconds, up from 9,000.
  • [Ozruk] now does more melee damage.
  • Commander Ulthok now does more melee damage.
  • Skyfall Stars are now summoned to help [Asaad] defeat players.

The last one I'm particularly worried about, since the Stars are really, really annoying, as trash.

It depends how many stars he summons. They're only a pain as trash because there's a lot of them with no agro table. Asaad is quite possibly the easiest heroic boss right now anyway (disclaimer: my random heroics haven't taken me to all of them yet, so there might be one that's even more of a pushover).
rodos

PreviousNext

Return to General