Cata grinding spots

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cata grinding spots

Postby thatguy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:11 pm

I like Uldum with all of the Schnottz up on the airstrip. Lots of cloth drop possibilities and you can circle the outside with minimal downtime between mobs. The respawn rate is fast and you can usually pick up 2-3 guys together.

Potion of Treasure Finding helps but you really have to be prepared to grind hard in order to really make it worth while.

Edited for Misinformation...
Last edited by thatguy on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thatguy

Postby Discus » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:14 pm

I found that cave last night questing in TH. There's certainly lots of nodes but unfortunately the name "Elementium Depths" attracts the idiot miners. In my case players who'd wait for you to start fighting mobs by each node and then nip in and mine your node whilst you are in aggro. On my server mining certainly seems to have become the gathering profession of choice in Cata, everyone's at it.
Discus

Postby Njall » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 pm

Discus wrote:I found that cave last night questing in TH. There's certainly lots of nodes but unfortunately the name "Elementium Depths" attracts the idiot miners. In my case players who'd wait for you to start fighting mobs by each node and then nip in and mine your node whilst you are in aggro. On my server mining certainly seems to have become the gathering profession of choice in Cata, everyone's at it.

If you are playing a pally, hit bubble. With luck, the mobs will agro the miner - mining has a big aggro radius. :D
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:39 pm

Njall wrote:
Discus wrote:I found that cave last night questing in TH. There's certainly lots of nodes but unfortunately the name "Elementium Depths" attracts the idiot miners. In my case players who'd wait for you to start fighting mobs by each node and then nip in and mine your node whilst you are in aggro. On my server mining certainly seems to have become the gathering profession of choice in Cata, everyone's at it.

If you are playing a pally, hit bubble. With luck, the mobs will agro the miner - mining has a big aggro radius. :D

Or hit them with HoJ. You can engage the mob in combat next to the node, stun them, mine the node and then finish the mob off.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Njall » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:41 pm

lythac wrote:
Njall wrote:

Or hit them with HoJ. You can engage the mob in combat next to the node, stun them, mine the node and then finish the mob off.

Hmm? No, I'm thinking of screwing up the ninja. HoJ/HW is standard operating procedure for mining in combat. :D

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:24 pm

Njall wrote:
lythac wrote:
Njall wrote:

Hmm? No, I'm thinking of screwing up the ninja. HoJ/HW is standard operating procedure for mining in combat. :D

Or if you are a hunter, you just send pet on the mob... :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Njall » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:29 pm

halabar wrote:Or if you are a hunter, you just send pet on the mob... :-)

The problem, for me at least, is not the mobs, but the rogue kiting them in.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:08 pm

Can't you report people for doing shit like that?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:53 am

Skye1013 wrote:Can't you report people for doing shit like that?

Yes, but its really within how the game can be played. I report it and sometimes I don;'t see a particular jerk for a day or so...

Oh. Hmm. The guy who was continually ganking the auctioneers in SW throughout all of November hasn't been around for a few weeks. Hmm

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 am

Njall wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Can't you report people for doing shit like that?

Yes, but its really within how the game can be played. I report it and sometimes I don;'t see a particular jerk for a day or so...

Oh. Hmm. The guy who was continually ganking the auctioneers in SW throughout all of November hasn't been around for a few weeks. Hmm

Pretty sure this is viewed as griefing though Njall. I would report every single case.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Flipthebird » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:32 am

Njall wrote:Or hit them with HoJ. You can engage the mob in combat next to the node, stun them, mine the node and then finish the mob off.

I just been using repentance on the mobs...it's got a nice range and there hasn't been more than one mob in aggro range of a node for me. Even with someone trying to ruin it for you, they'd have to hit the CC'd mob to get them out of repentance and that should get the aggro off you, right?

I havn't had to deal with a ninja as of yet...I guess I'm lucky.
Hmm? No, I'm thinking of screwing up the ninja. HoJ/HW is standard operating procedure for mining in combat. :D[/quote]
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby pyrile » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:18 am

So was cruisin around in Uldum, on the giant stair case northern tip of map (the one for the daily} I cant do it myself yet since they are elites but they do drop loots.
pyrile

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:42 am

Njall wrote:

Uggh.. I tried that cave last night. Never, never, never again. 2 or so rogues waiting around for you to clear the mobs, and they'd run to the node. Often far enough away that they wouldn't draw aggro anyway, you are just clearing the trash for them.

Just no.

halabar

Postby twinkfist » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:35 am

yeah, that place in TH is garbage. at first you could get in there no problem at all.

now people wait for you to engage the adds and then they get the node and laugh at you.

sort of reminds me of the black temple grinding of supplicants. myself and this be pally used to go back and forth killing each other on this fight. usually one of us would salute the other and leave the winner alone to go the rest of the night for grinding. thank god for the trinket that healed and the one that increased your block...and for uncrushable at the time.

actually, i liked that competition...it was a blast.

but at least that was a competition...TH cave is just garbage.
twinkfist

Postby halabar » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:38 pm

twinkfist wrote:sort of reminds me of the black temple grinding of supplicants. myself and this be pally used to go back and forth killing each other on this fight. usually one of us would salute the other and leave the winner alone to go the rest of the night for grinding.

Those were the days.. a frost mage and I on my pally would battle back and forth there, and drag the elite into each other's AOE. That was fun.

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General