Question for any tech savy people!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Question for any tech savy people!

Postby smiter » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:55 am

Quick run down, I am living in an "off the radar" apartment that is attached to house that my landlord lives in. I Have a wireless internet N card on both my laptop and desktop (haven't set up the desktop yet). I can hope on a few unsecured networks and i am assuming the one with the best signal is the landlords. I have cable as they provided me a box for upstairs but I do not have direct internet connection and am not sure how to go about getting a seperate line since they want the place off the radar.

While connected to the internet I can stream video fine, have a good to excellent signal (usually 4 out of 5 bars). I have issues with WoW though. I can get through the log in server but have trouble with zoning in to the world. I get in maybe 25% of the time and when i Do get in if i go through an instance portal or boat ride etc i often get stuck on the instance loading screen. Does anyone have any idea what the cause could be? I think most likely the cause of this issue would be a weak signal but that doesn't seem to be the case. I have turned off all my firewall/defender programs but obviously I can't do that on the host computer.

Please any assistance will be appreciated. I can't get 4g broadband yet in my area so that isn't really an option and i doubt 3g speed would suffice. I am stressing out about this and my gf just doesn't get it haha.
smiter

Re: Question for any tech savy people!

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:33 am

didn't you already have a thread for this?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Return to General