Remove Advertisements

Inquisition, Seal of Truth and Consecration

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Inquisition, Seal of Truth and Consecration

Postby Cronus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:59 am

Is Inquisition even really worth having on my bar? I have tried and tried to fit it in but see no point to it. Id rather have Hotr or WoG with my 3 HP. I dont know what blizz intended for us when they gave us this spell. I find it lackluster and completely useless.

I have had no problems with threat so why should i use it? Is the DPS increase that significant?
Cronus

Postby Eaglestrike » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:02 am

Inquisition:
I use this on big AOE pulls that I can actually survive (looking at you, Lost City trash). Get to 3 HP, usually from the previous pull, HotR-Inquis-HotR-Conc-HotR-AS-HotR-Holy wrath-HotR then either another inquis or shield slam depending on how much is dead at the time. AS crits for over 20k with inquis up is hotness. It's a very excellent spell, though I sure do wish it had a longer duration for prot. But I can deal.

Seal of Truth:
Glyph makes it worth it. Will have to pay attention to meters next heroic I do to see how well it does.

Consecration:
Mana is the only real annoyance for me. I don't have the points to spec into hallowed ground in my build (AOE threat is far from my main concern) and I'd rather keep reckoning and wish I had another point for 2/2 improved word of glory (don't think it's called that). I phased out of using it towards the end of WotLK because of everyone saying that's all a paladin needed to tank. So I took it upon myself to basically tank without it.

Word of Glory:
This gets used OFTEN. It's the ohshit button on the shortest cooldown, practically none! It is wonderful. If not for the 10 expertise being really nice, I'd consider glyphing this, seriously. I've saved myself and others with this spell and I believe it's one thing that makes me better than most of the other tanks out there. I love being able to actually instant cast heal too, I've never played holy so all our casts have always been slow and shitty, now we have instant and decent! Love it!
Eaglestrike

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:45 am

Worldie wrote:The main deal is, WoG and Inquisition have two opposite situational roles.

WoG is supposed to be used when your threat is fine, there's no DPS problems, but there's lot of shit going on and healers are spamming their heals. Running OOM is a big problem in Cataclysm world, helping healing is very important. I find myself using Holy Radiance, Word of Glory, Seal of Insight, Gift of the Naaru and hell, even Flash of Light constantly in heroic and raid (with SoI you have practically limitless mana).

On the other hand, if you are wiping to enrage timer or due to lack of DPS... that's where Inquisition, Consecration, Shor and Seal of Truth come to play.

So yea, you have tools for all situations. Awesome isn't it? What, we need to choose what skill to use time by time? MADNESS

Quoted For Yes
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby twinkfist » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:26 am

finally tanked instead of ret in an instance. did reg vortex pinnacle...like 4 times in a row trying to get that stupid tanking axe...anyway...i found myself using all of the abilities...inquisition not so much except before trash or just before a boss to get that initial burst.

but using all the healing capabilities...cooldowns..everything...it was actually fun watching everyone. now i actually have to get together some tanking gear that isn't all green...and then level my shaman for my enchants and then my other pally for gems and i am good to go.
twinkfist

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:19 am

Levantine wrote:Ugh, and there Ami goes saying something completely unexpected and redeeming my opinion of her. Can't you just let me be a grump troll, Ami? WHY CAN'T YOU LET ME DO THAT?!

I can't do that because some days, it's my job, damnit! :D
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:27 am

Amirya wrote:I can't do that because some days, it's my job, damnit! :D

Don't make me get out the Holy Radiance. You know how it stings.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:33 am

Njall wrote:Don't make me get out the Holy Radiance. You know how it stings.

I'm a glutton for punishment and a masochist.

Bring it on.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:34 am

Amirya wrote:
Njall wrote:Don't make me get out the Holy Radiance. You know how it stings.

I'm a glutton for punishment and a masochist.

Bring it on.

Nah, that would have you healing everyone in the group around you and you know that healing isn't the tank's job. Still, you look good wrapped up in bandages.

But enough about my weekend.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 am

Njall wrote:Nah, that would have you healing everyone in the group around you and you know that healing isn't the tank's job. Still, you look good wrapped up in bandages.

Your idea of wrapping is strangely similar to restraining.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:41 am

Amirya wrote:
Njall wrote:Nah, that would have you healing everyone in the group around you and you know that healing isn't the tank's job. Still, you look good wrapped up in bandages.

Your idea of wrapping is strangely similar to restraining.

Indeed. And a paladin should always know when to practice restraint.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:18 pm

d503 wrote:This parse of Halfus shows how OP it is: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5 ... 181&e=9514

Basically, as the whelps are being engaged, I DP'd 3 HoPo, popped Inq and went to down using the HotR -> AS -> HotR -> HW -> HotR -> Inq rotation.

I was getting avg 9400 regular hits from the nova on all mobs in the area, and 13.1k avg crits on it! My DPS went up to 40k from the 11k I was doing normally.

I can't help but think that Inquisition was a huge part of that...Consecration, on the other hand, is now worthless and a waste of 2 talent points. There's really no reason to use it...it hits for very little, costs lots of mana, and has a horrendous cooldown.

Wait, what? Consecration hits for twice what HammerNova does. On the whelps pull, you should be popping Inq and following it with HotR->Cons->HotR->AS->HotR->Inq.

To put it another way, you're totally in love with the combination of Inq+HotR on that particular part of the fight, right? Would you love it even more to be able to cast FOUR HotR's in three GCDs while under Inquisition? Fuck yes!

Then why the fuck wouldn't you cast Consecration, since that's exactly what it does??

Yes, it costs lots of mana and has a long cooldown. Timing and executing it correctly is part of being a smart tank. Calling it "worthless" and suggesting people take it off of their bars is... not so smart.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby d503 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:42 pm

theckhd wrote:
d503 wrote:This parse of Halfus shows how OP it is: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-5 ... 181&e=9514

Basically, as the whelps are being engaged, I DP'd 3 HoPo, popped Inq and went to down using the HotR -> AS -> HotR -> HW -> HotR -> Inq rotation.

I was getting avg 9400 regular hits from the nova on all mobs in the area, and 13.1k avg crits on it! My DPS went up to 40k from the 11k I was doing normally.

I can't help but think that Inquisition was a huge part of that...Consecration, on the other hand, is now worthless and a waste of 2 talent points. There's really no reason to use it...it hits for very little, costs lots of mana, and has a horrendous cooldown.

Wait, what? Consecration hits for twice what HammerNova does. On the whelps pull, you should be popping Inq and following it with HotR->Cons->HotR->AS->HotR->Inq.

To put it another way, you're totally in love with the combination of Inq+HotR on that particular part of the fight, right? Would you love it even more to be able to cast FOUR HotR's in three GCDs while under Inquisition? Fuck yes!

Then why the fuck wouldn't you cast Consecration, since that's exactly what it does??

Yes, it costs lots of mana and has a long cooldown. Timing and executing it correctly is part of being a smart tank. Calling it "worthless" and suggesting people take it off of their bars is... not so smart.

I did cast Consecration: Consecration 90124

Check the parse...
d503

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:43 pm

THECK'hD

edit: fixed
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Sabindeus wrote:THECK'D

Oooo I like that.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:49 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:THECK'D

Oooo I like that.

I'm not sure how I got Theck'd, considering that I casted Consecration when I pulled the whelps.

It did a total of 90k in the time it was down, whereas hammernova did a total of 2,126,421 while the whelps were out (or 880k if you look at Damage Taken by whelps instead of that time period that I isolated)...

I'm not trying to be controversial or duplicitous here, so I'm not sure why I'm getting a hostile attitude about it, but the parse shows the damage disparity...I'm curious what your take is, Theck.

I also simply stated my opinion of Consecrate as a spell, and Hallowed Ground as a talent...by no means was my statement an instruction to "remove it from people's bars," or stop using it...
d503

PreviousNext

Return to General