You can solo Rom'ogg

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

You can solo Rom'ogg

Postby Rokh » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:35 pm

noticed in my random that brc wasnt all that hard, and wanted to see how far I could solo just for kicks.

I would say the hardest part about getting to the 1st boss is those 2 flame callers... man is that AoE nasty.

But yea, 1st boss in brc is very easy to solo, gives about 55k xp and 2 gold....

The hardest part of soloing him, is his AoE goes off the instant chains of woe die if your alone, so you have to make sure when he starts to cast chains you get away from him, cause if you dont you will be in trouble if your below 75% hp or so..

I was level 80 in full icc25 heroic when i did this if anyone was wondering. Put might on, and used a kings drum.
Rokh

Re: You can solo Rom'ogg

Postby Zonzede » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am

I was going to wait until 85 to see what all could be solo'd, but damn, guess I didnt have to.
Grats
Zonzede

Postby Syncognition » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:33 am

I noticed this as well. Did a guild run of BRC normal in mostly 264 with about 3 pieces of 251 (92.5 avoidance+block+miss) and none of us had bothered to look up the strat for the first boss. DPS failed on breaking the chains, so everyone but myself got one shotted at about 75% of the boss' health remaining. I switched to using WoG instead of ShoR, worked my cooldowns through any other chains, and soloed him until he died.

Didn't even occur to me that I could probably go back for solo XP lol.
Syncognition

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:54 pm

At the tail end of a long night after a string of long nights since Cat launch, we were in heroic Stonecore. Someone told a really stupid joke on vent and we didn't notice the ensuing Ground Slam.

Everyone but me died. Boss at 40%.

Apparently, a decently geared paladin can solo this boss. It takes a fuck of a long time, but I had no problems keeping myself up (I do have WoG related talents). At 5% people got bored, and discovered you can run back in during the fight.

Good times.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to General