Results of Cata Day 1 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Results of Cata Day 1 ?

Postby sherck » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:25 am

Only played for about an hour.

Got Enchanting to 475 with the Major Stamina to wrists enchant with Wrath mats. Got another 5 points with DE mats from my initial quest rewards.

Got Mining to about 460 with hitting nodes in Hyjal while questing. Hit one uncommon blue gem but otherwise got about 30 ore.

Replaced my Valius, Gavel of the Lightbringer with a fricking green quest reward...pretty much solely because Valius has no Intellect on it. Sigh...worked so hard to kill Arthas and his mace is the first fricking piece replaced.

Enjoyed the first 20 or so quests in Hyjal. Loved the phasing so that you can do lots and lots of quests pretty much in the same geographic area. Lots of nice lore...looking forward to an extending playing session tonight.

That's about it. Decided that since there was zero money sink for Cata (since old weather flying was not 5k) that I really had nothing huge to spend my cash on except gear so there was no pressing need to sell any of my new world mats (cloth, ore, gems) and I would just be handing them down the chain to my alts to power their profession training.

Enjoying the xpac so far.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Shyrtandros » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
My day 1 was 2am to 7am (had to go to work) :(

(Personal)
Christy and I created baby goblin toons at 2:02am shot over carepackages of BoA's, gold, and bags and started the leveling..

We were able to keep pace with the top 10 goblin levelers until it was time to get ready for work. (Curse you RESPONSIBILITY!)

We got to level 12 by about 6am and stopped leveling to prepare for work. For the next hour I power leveled engineering to 150 (cap at level 12) and put on my cool green engineer goggles :)

(Guild)
My guild arranged for most of us to be able to sleep for part / most of cata-eve and play for several hours of the launch. We capped the daily allowable of guild exp and hit guild level 2 within about 3 to 4 hours. We had about 7 people at level 82 by 4-5 hour in.

Continued:

6:30pm got home - logged in
We grinded our way to level 15 (requirement to use RDF)
Quoted up for randoms until we hit 20 - which worked out really nice.

We got all four of the low lvl dungeons once without any repeats (which let us do all the quests).

After dinging 20 I beefed up my engineering to level 200.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby djlar » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:21 am

12:00am, doing all Icecrown quests, 21 total, plus 2 fishing and cooking dailies
1:01am, waiting for Cata activation at realm
1:20am, finally Cata activated, took about 5 minutes just to connect again
1:25am, handed out my dailies, no XP continued on
1:30am, trained all my professions including flying and got the few new quests going several DCs in this period
3:00am, called it the night
6:00am, get up for work
4:00pm, work's done, headed home to lay
4:40pm, tried to log, big Q
6:05pm, finally logged! continue on
11:50pm, called it the night, I'm too sleepy, got to lvl 82..
djlar

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:32 am

OK now that I have had a chance to play!

Everything was a lot more awesome than I thought it would be. The Horde didn't kill me that much! I got ganked exactly once all night and not camped. Thank you Smolderthorn Horde for keeping it classy.

I also exploited the emptiness of Twilight Highlands for Elementium and my mining skill cap, which is selling for jack shit in comparison to entirely-too-rare obsidium. Did some quests in both Vashj'ir and Hyjal to hit 82 and Honored with Guardians of Hyjal. All in all a good night of WoWing.

Is anyone else mildly angered by the low low cap on Guild Reputation and XP gains?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Shyrtandros » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:47 am

Sabindeus wrote:Is anyone else mildly angered by the low low cap on Guild Reputation and XP gains?

Very much so... We actually leveled to lvl 2 within a couple of hours and capped shortly after leveling.. Blizz dropped a hot fix and REVERTED us back to lvl 1 slightly under hitting lvl 2...

What I really want to know is if we ACTUALLY did get the 5% xp buff for the couple of hours it showed we where level 2..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:48 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Is anyone else mildly angered by the low low cap on Guild Reputation and XP gains?

Very much so... We actually leveled to lvl 2 within a couple of hours and capped shortly after leveling.. Blizz dropped a hot fix and REVERTED us back to lvl 1 slightly under hitting lvl 2...

What I really want to know is if we ACTUALLY did get the 5% xp buff for the couple of hours it showed we where level 2..

I am less angered about the achievement hotfix than the cap itself seeming just low for the amount of time I put in. Like I really didn't level that long last night and yet I got my rep capped an hour or so before I went to bed.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Teranoid » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:49 am

I'm more angered at the constant reminder for every quest I turn in. 70 quests done last night and its all "you've passed the amount of blah blah blah for the week"
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:58 am

Gotta love the Blizz missteps.. they clearly aren't thinking about all the what-if situations.

Might just try to get engineering past Obsidum tonight. That is really annoying.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am

Got home at 6 and installed the xpac. Did various not-logged-in-things like dinner, cleaning, and playing with the boys. Wife heads out to choir practice at 730. Put the boys to bed and got settled down by 8.

Buy my skill and upgrades. Hand in my dailies and get full xp. Looks like its only about 20% of the level but I shan't complain. Back to Northrend to level Mining in Wintergrasp. I have the place to myself! Much titanium is found - such embarrassment. Around 830 I used my handy-dandy Gadgetstan teleporter and fly out to Uldum. I have the place to myself! I forgot how much I just love that area. The next two hours are spent gathering Elementium. The skill maxes out around 10 pm and I have a full bag of ore and volatiles - and the area was getting crowded. Head back to Dalaran and put them up on the AH while smelting. Some sell. Spend the next hour exploring Archaeology. Not sure how I like how it has been nerfed since the Beta. You used to get 2-6 fragments per find. Now I am only getting 2 - and that's because I'm a dwarf.

Log out at 1130 at L80.80 - all from old dailies, mining, and Archaeology XP.

This morning, I logged into ALL of my toons because I realized that Rested XP had been reset. I checked this morning with my JC whom had not woken up last night. Sure enough, no rested bubbles accumulated. Rested time starts to accumulate as soon as I log in with each character.

I'll have a go at Vash tonight or go mining in Mt. Hyjal.

Oh, and I have a *fierce* urge to watch Stargate again thanks to Uldum.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:12 am

i honestly don't know what to do...i want to make the obsidium or whatever executioner for level 81 for blacksmithing. my shaman is level 80 and my enchanter...but not sure it's even worth enchanting anything till level 85...by that point, i hope to have zin'rokh...since the blacksmithing stuff for weapons at that point is kind of garbage.
twinkfist

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:15 am

How many fragments are people getting with archaeology? I am getting a flat 2 fragments per find. In the Beta it was 2-6 or more per find with 3 finds per site (that part hasn't changed).

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:19 am

i didn't even learn arch yet...that's how annoyed i was with the amount of traffic last night.
twinkfist

Postby smiter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 am

Ok so haven't really played much since getting my Kingslayer title a few months ago. Logged on for about 30 minutes on my hunter and go over to the vash starting zone and did a few quests there. Love the zone in terms of how it looks but not sure how i feel about the 3d ganking.

I am trying to decide if i level my pally or my hunter. I am kinda thinking pally because i haven't played him much since I made my hunter but they are both 80's and I started as a pally. I have mining on my pally so that could make me some gold while leveling.

How are you guys finding the changes to the pally's. is ret still best for leveling? Or should i just que as tank and keep running dungeouns over and over?

thanks
smiter

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:47 am

I'm enjoying leveling as a prot pally. DPS is not really a concern these days and the survivability is excellent. Really, leveling as Prot has not been a chore for a long time now. But if you want to go Ret, be my guest.

Or pay 10 gp and dual spec.

there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Xfighter » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 am

Logged in at launch, turned in 5 dailies to find no xp.
Said screw it and hearted, learned flying, went right to Hyjal.
Sat around for 20+ mins waiting for xp to be turned on.
Once on started questing with 3 friends.
Quested more, and after the first 30ish mins started pulling away from the masses.
Completely finished Hyjal after 2-3 hours, friends went to Vash while I finished the few quests that I had fallen behind them on, since non of us had hit 82 due to not waiting in NR to complete the daily turn ins.
After an hour, we realized Vash was inferior to that of Hyjal, and was brutally slow, so all headed off to deepholm about 300-500k past 82.
Quested with them for awhile again, then ended up logging off around 6am PST due to needing sleep for my exam later in the day. Logged at like 82.25, and they kept going while aiming for a few realm first 85s (through Hyjal and Vash we were keeping up to be in the top 15-20'alliance side).
Woke up 5hrs later and quested a bit more to 82.75, and helped those friends out a bit, along with running Stonecore to ding them 84/close to 84.
Left around 4pst for my exam, got back home around 7:30pst.
Discovered that my priest friend had managed realm first priest, but that the warr and Druid had lost, was nice to know I had helped him achieve it, but sad in that 2 of the 3 didn't make it.
Proceeded to run another stonecore, quest till 83, goofed around a bit to enjoy the flying in old world (since cata launch was done in a blur of rapid movements to get ahead), finally trained mining/bs, and leveled mining a bit.
Logged out for sleep so that I was fresh for another exam early this morning.

All in all was pretty decent. Would have aimed for Realm first 85 pally if I didn't have these 2 exams to complete. Ah well, was fun helping a close friend get his done.
Xfighter

PreviousNext

Return to General