Remove Advertisements

Results of Cata Day 1 ?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Results of Cata Day 1 ?

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:18 am

This thread is to report your results on your Cata day 1.. for all purposes of fairness there are bound to be people who will not get to actually log in to play cata for a couple more days so don't be afraid to post results from your "personal" day 1.

You can post results of your leveling, questing, achievements or whatever you want.

My example.

My day 1 was 2am to 7am (had to go to work) :(

(Personal)
Christy and I created baby goblin toons at 2:02am shot over carepackages of BoA's, gold, and bags and started the leveling..

We were able to keep pace with the top 10 goblin levelers until it was time to get ready for work. (Curse you RESPONSIBILITY!)

We got to level 12 by about 6am and stopped leveling to prepare for work. For the next hour I power leveled engineering to 150 (cap at level 12) and put on my cool green engineer goggles :)

(Guild)
My guild arranged for most of us to be able to sleep for part / most of cata-eve and play for several hours of the launch. We capped the daily allowable of guild exp and hit guild level 2 within about 3 to 4 hours. We had about 7 people at level 82 by 4-5 hour in.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: Results of Cata Day 1 ?

Postby Pala » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 am

My day was from 3 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. I found out Vashj'ir is very awesome to explore but after doing 110/150 quests so far I have only got 1730/3000 Neutral rep with The Earthen Ring. I hope I get to Friendly soon. That is a small annoyance though because the zone is fantastic. I'm about a third of the way through 82 and I'm going to rest for a while.

The biggest tip I got was for the crowded NPCs. You can keybind "Interact with Target" and then /tar whoever and hit your new key. It helped in Orgrimmar and in the early areas of Vashj'ir.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:30 am

Realm First!Herbalist and 90 stacks of Twilight Jasmine.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Digren » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 am

My wife just saw an 81 Worgen priest... but then we realized it must be a paid race change.

The quest giver lady in Kelp Forest sure knows her innuendos.
Digren

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:33 am

Passionario wrote:Realm First!Herbalist and 90 stacks of Twilight Jasmine.

Grats!! :)
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 am

Sabin's Cata Day 1 Bloggogogog

9:15am - Got up to go to work
9:45am - Got to subway
10:07am - got myself a bagel at the deli across the street
10:13am - Walked into the office
12:50am - Received notification that Amazon package containing Cataclysm Collector's Edition is waiting at home

Yeah so far Cata is super exciting! :D
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:36 am

Wake up at 4, mine for a while, pretend like I can sleep, log back on at 8ish. Do some more mining and the SW dailies, level my JC.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Amirya » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:38 am

1215a - got my copies of Cata, after finding out the Gamestop online preorder is funky
1230a - installed
100a - relogged because it was That Time
130a - invited guildie on his new worgen mage
145a - "Night, ya'll."
730a - Boyfriend calls to wake me up per my request
900a - Head to work
930a - Started working
1115a - First break, scoured maintankadin
1130a - break over!

---

Like Sabin, I'm having fun.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby ImzadiDax » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:48 am

Fun Fun me too.

Woke up at 3:30 half an hour early, hit the launcher and finished the short download while I made coffee and breakfast. Got to Mount Hyjal, did 2 quests and decided to try the underwater world, being I had forgotten to train my Herbing, and the crowds of flagged players were OMG. Got there in time to get the first area quest before I had to log off for work. Now scouring looking for interesting tidbits.

Plotting plotting, 5 hours to go, move clock move.
ImzadiDax

Postby Discus » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:51 am

Notes from a casual noob (to provide some comic relief from all the hit 85 before morning and got realm first posts).

Spent an hour typing my name/password in only to be DC’d. Never in the history of man has anyone been so pleased to see the word “success!”. Got in, swore at the 384 people on huge flying mounts on top of flight trainer, eventually got old world flying. Used to it fly tiny distance to harbour, waited unfeasibly long time for boat dying for pee, finally got on boat with enough players to sink it, had to give-in to desperate desire to pee, returned to find I’d missed bit where boat is attacked by sea monster and you are given ability to breathe underwater. Drowned a bit.. found upturned ship… drowned a bit more…. Found NPC surrounded by 382 people in sunken ship, madly spammed click to open his qst but accidentally clicked on reset hearth to dead end that is Vash. Spent hour looking for way out of Vash, swearing. I’m still stuck there...

1 Bar XP gained, 2 skill up points in mining. But I had FUN so this is not a QQ :lol:
Discus

Postby Thornir » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:15 pm

Started at 3am EST and ended at roughly 12pm.

No log-in issues, no breaks, no changing characters.

Also no 25 dailies beforehand and no grinding Northrend mobs/nodes. No dungeons yet either.

Level 82, halfway to 83, 130/160 quests in Vashj'ir, Friendly with Earthen Ring.

Moving on to Guardians of Hyjal and mining some obsidium so I can get elementium when I go to Deepholm/Uldum.

Having the most fun I've had in over a year (Edit: possibly ever) on my pally.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 pm

Monday
5:00 pm - got home from work, went running (which only served to make me more jittery from excitement)
6:00 pm - 7:00 pm - Connect, DC, Connect, DC, etc. Finally get on at ten minutes to 7 pm.
7:00 pm - 4 am - questing. No lag, no disconnections, it's beautiful. Hit 82.75 before going to bed.

Tuesday
9:30 am - wake up, get questing

and that's where we are now. Currently level 83.25.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:33 pm

Stayed at the store till about 1 am. Came home and gave into the fact I couldn't not level my paladin, race changed to a cow and dicked around for a few until Cata went live. Logged back in surprisingly fast and hit the dungeons. Ran Blackrock Caverns 3-4 times and then headed off to Vashjir to quest. Ran Throne once and by then it was 7:30 am so basically upgraded my professions and took a nap. Archaeology is pretty spiffy but given how far the dig sites are from each other I'm glad I bought 310 flying :lol:
Teranoid

Postby Digren » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:36 pm

About two-thirds thorugh 80. Just took a break to make Wilted Spinach Salad with Warm Bacon Dressing.
Digren

Postby degre » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Still waiting for the delivery.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Next

Return to General