EU Cataclysm Release - LOG INS

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: EU Cataclysm Release - LOG INS

Postby Daraxis » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:50 pm

C'mon, post more entertaining screenshots of overloaded NPCs!

I logged out some of my alts at the flight trainer in Org, all the while laughing to myself, realising Blackrock Horde-side is going to be a total shitfest.
Daraxis
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:02 pm

I've done Blackrock Caverns through LFD. Easy as pie, although I did wipe the group on the melt-his-armour-to-damage-him (I'll get the names in time) boss because I didn't realise just how quickly that AoE fire damage stacks up. I was slightly disappointed that when I messed up and aggro'd Beauty while all 3 of her little 'uns were still alive that we pulled through just fine. I'm sure I won't manage that on heroic, anyway.

Oh, and the first words I saw in party chat on zoning in? "gogo"

First boss fight in Cata? Body-pulled by the mage, who ice-blocked and nearly got the healer killed.

The more things change, the more they stay the same :P

(Realm first miner went half an hour ago)
Epimer

Postby ZeroKewl » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 pm

Passionario wrote:The old adage "Complaining gets you stuff" worked yet again. :)

Holy cow....Anyone have any advice for a USer hoping for Herbing first? Trying to find something on a government computer is not happening. Maybe something basic as how long did the realm first herbing take? Do you know what zones to hit up and what skill level to swap? /pm's are fine if you prefer.
ZeroKewl

Postby Fenris » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:55 pm

Just an hint fom europe:

Forget to quest @ Hyjal unless you are going with a group.

They managed to place a bottleneck in the quest line (2 quests on the same mob respawn that you have to do to go on) right before the wolf shrine hub...Took me 2.5h to close them... :x

P.s: about the profession achievements...Since this time they didnt grey out old professions recipe like they did with wotlk,a kickstart can come from old material i guess (blood draining for example is still red-skillup)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Fenris

Postby Passionario » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:09 am

ZeroKewl wrote:Holy cow....Anyone have any advice for a USer hoping for Herbing first? Trying to find something on a government computer is not happening. Maybe something basic as how long did the realm first herbing take? Do you know what zones to hit up and what skill level to swap? /pm's are fine if you prefer.

This blog post helped me a lot.

Basically, I logged in at Dalaran, bought the next profession rank and the Flight Master's License, and then farmed Storm Peaks until my 'effective skill' with all bonuses (+15 for being a Tauren, +5 for using Herbalist's Gloves, +5 for glove enchant) was 495. The moment it happened, I hearthed to southern Tanaris, flew over to Uldum, and started gathering Whiptail at the "green" riverbank area.

All in all, it took me about an hour to get the achievement.

If you're not a Tauren and/or don't have the gloves, then it gets trickier, since you'll probably need to either hit Hyjal first, or gather Cinderbloom at the outer edges of Uldum.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:04 am

Closing in on 83 now, but hitting the sack. Mmm sleep.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby amh » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:06 am

Halfway to 84, but complely knackered, and my leveling buddy fell asleep a couple of hours ago. :(
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:14 am

Have I missed something here? I thought it would take a few days to get to 85 for the majority of people. Not 1 night.

/boggle
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:51 am

Barathorn wrote:Have I missed something here? I thought it would take a few days to get to 85 for the majority of people. Not 1 night.

/boggle

If we take Nika's start time of 6pm her time and 4am post time she played for 10 hours, minus any breaks she took, in one go.

That's abnormal.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Milius » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 am

Played around an hour, got 81 then hit the sack for Uni today =/
Milius

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:31 am

(sits on doorstep waiting for Amazon to deliver)
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:43 am

Flex wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Have I missed something here? I thought it would take a few days to get to 85 for the majority of people. Not 1 night.

/boggle

If we take Nika's start time of 6pm her time and 4am post time she played for 10 hours, minus any breaks she took, in one go.

That's abnormal.

Like hell it is.

Got a guildie who's 84 right now. 25% in. And we've already had two people on the realm hit 85.

This isn't taking nearly as long as people estimated.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:44 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:

/boggle

That's abnormal.

Like hell it is.

Got a guildie who's 84 right now. 25% in. And we've already had two people on the realm hit 85.

This isn't taking nearly as long as people estimated.

True. They appear to have *reduced* the amount of XP required to go from 83-85 dramatically from what was in the Beta. I mean, dramatically.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:58 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:

/boggle

That's abnormal.

Like hell it is.

So playing that long is normal for you?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:12 am

Flex wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:
Flex wrote:

That's abnormal.

Like hell it is.

So playing that long is normal for you?

Actually yeah. Mostly on weekends though.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General