Remove Advertisements

Levelling too fast?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Levelling too fast?

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:55 pm

IMHO questing and dungeons have been made just a bit too easy.

Yes, I understand that getting people quickly and efficiently to level 80 (soon 85) makes them happy to feel like they are achieving things, and wont give up or worse, cancel their subscription.

But when things are too easy you end up getting people who level by mashing 1 or 2 buttons, and have no idea or no experience using all their spells or abilities.

I see this regularly in low level dungeons, particularly with fury warriors and ret pallies. (Averaging 1 tard in every 2 Pugs i enter).
Before everyone has even zoned in they are off and running, pulling mob after mob with no real care about their health or aggro. When it takes 3 full groups of mobs to put the party 'at risk' of a wipe its just doesn't feel 'dangerous'.

What low level dungeons SHOULD be teaching them is teamwork, learning how to play their roll, and ideally how their stuns, snares, interrupts, traps and spells can best be used to help the group as a whole.

The rather unforgiving nature of BC heroics was good in that regard. Face pulling morons or people who couldn't/wouldn't CC were quickly sidelined.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Levantine » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:32 pm

Getting to 40 is absurdly easy these days. Like. Crazy. I was killing as few things as possible, no dungeons at all and I still outlevelled zones with no heirloom gear just doing their main questlines. Westfall->Redridge->Duskwood were enough that I could completely skip Northern Barrens. Now that I'm in the Plaguelands though it does seem to have slowed a little to the point of being reasonable.
Levantine

Postby degre » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:31 am

masterpoobaa wrote:IMHO questing and dungeons have been made just a bit too easy.

Yes, I understand that getting people quickly and efficiently to level 80 (soon 85) makes them happy to feel like they are achieving things, and wont give up or worse, cancel their subscription.

But when things are too easy you end up getting people who level by mashing 1 or 2 buttons, and have no idea or no experience using all their spells or abilities.

I see this regularly in low level dungeons, particularly with fury warriors and ret pallies. (Averaging 1 tard in every 2 Pugs i enter).
Before everyone has even zoned in they are off and running, pulling mob after mob with no real care about their health or aggro. When it takes 3 full groups of mobs to put the party 'at risk' of a wipe its just doesn't feel 'dangerous'.

What low level dungeons SHOULD be teaching them is teamwork, learning how to play their roll, and ideally how their stuns, snares, interrupts, traps and spells can best be used to help the group as a whole.

The rather unforgiving nature of BC heroics was good in that regard. Face pulling morons or people who couldn't/wouldn't CC were quickly sidelined.

/\ This /\

So much much truth.

I've started leveling up a war just to try it out and I've reached 15 a few days ago, so I went looking for group and I've done exactly 3 runs before deciding that playing any more was just pissing me off.

DPS that were moving werever they wanted pulling with no regards, healers dpsing and letting people die, I've quit on a WC run where the druid that was supposed to heal was spending more time in cat than healing, we've had some people dying a few times, eventually a dps just left, got replaced and another one left right away, we were clearing the entrance and this moron just jumped the chasm seeing Anacondra and I when I mentioned to him that we could have simply carried on clearing trash, as we will need to kill it anyway sooner or later, he started calling me a noob and yelling at me because I wanted to carry on my path, eventually he let me die on the boss and wouldnt want to ress, in his opinion I was a lazy ass and I had to walk, I decided that I would rather not waste any more of my time and after other 2 DPSs left, I left myself and logged my pally.

Easy content makes for retard, and I'm hating especially all these healers who are just dps looking for a faster istance and fucking around.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Paxen » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am

I don't really mind fast xp from questing (except when it's so fast I have to skip quests of course! :) ), but dungeons could be harder, yeah.

Of course, if healers are letting people die and dps and tanks running away from the group and then dying, the issue might not be the dungeons, but the players. Just sayin'.
Paxen

Postby Passionario » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:12 am

I'd take the current questing system over the original Vanilla one any day. Having leftover quests because you level too fast is better than doing every available quest and then being forced to grind mobs for hours just to reach the next level.

degre wrote:I've quit on a WC run where the druid that was supposed to heal was spending more time in cat than healing, we've had some people dying a few times, eventually a dps just left, got replaced and another one left right away, we were clearing the entrance and this moron just jumped the chasm seeing Anacondra and I when I mentioned to him that we could have simply carried on clearing trash, as we will need to kill it anyway sooner or later, he started calling me a noob and yelling at me because I wanted to carry on my path, eventually he let me die on the boss and wouldnt want to ress, in his opinion I was a lazy ass and I had to walk, I decided that I would rather not waste any more of my time and after other 2 DPSs left, I left myself and logged my pally.

If you think that WC PUGs were any better back in the day, when they were formed via Barrens Chat(tm) instead of LFD - well, guess again.

As Paxen pointed out, the problem is people, not the dungeons.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby degre » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:27 am

Passionario wrote:If you think that WC PUGs were any better back in the day, when they were formed via Barrens Chat(tm) instead of LFD - well, guess again.

As Paxen pointed out, the problem is people, not the dungeons.

Never said that. Unfortunately I still remember my first WC runs 6 years ago...
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Previous

Return to General