Computer Issue (Bizarre)

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Computer Issue (Bizarre)

Postby trycare » Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Invisusira wrote:
trycare wrote:get Invis on the phone

1) we live together
2) I use a Mac, my shit don't break yo (aka she knows way more about troubleshooting windows than I do)

omg, sorry I didnt know that (bad Trycare for not keeping up) ohh and Sabin's comment about casual chavinism... NEVER :)

Well at least Nikachelle is gtg now, thats what counts.
Better to be known in a small guild, rather than unknown in a large guild.
trycare
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:31 pm

culhag wrote:Problem : something is stealing focus from whatever app I'm using
Solution : buy a new computer

... I'm stunned...

(this is pretty much standard practice for Macs btw)
Invisusira

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Invisusira wrote:
culhag wrote:Problem : something is stealing focus from whatever app I'm using
Solution : buy a new computer

... I'm stunned...

(this is pretty much standard practice for Macs btw)

My First Gen Intel MacBook died, a civil suit was brought because of a flakey hard disk controller or something and this was the second munched drive in the 4 years of ownership, so I went and bought a new MacBook Pro.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:47 pm

Most of my macs are still functioning a decade or so after I bought them... The one that got the most broken was my Powerbook G4 (original 400mhz TiBook) whose DVD drive and display stopped working about a year after applecare had run out, prompting me to get a new laptop.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:05 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Most of my macs are still functioning a decade or so after I bought them... The one that got the most broken was my Powerbook G4 (original 400mhz TiBook) whose DVD drive and display stopped working about a year after applecare had run out, prompting me to get a new laptop.

I am pretty sure I can power up my Performa 630 and rock out to some System 7.5 when I get home, that is if I had a monitor that still worked with it.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby rodos » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:23 pm

For some reason, random focus theft is yelling KEYLOGGER in my head.

The only hardware problem I can think causing this is a dodgy mouse sending random clicks.
rodos

Postby Invisusira » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:27 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Most of my macs are still functioning a decade or so after I bought them... The one that got the most broken was my Powerbook G4 (original 400mhz TiBook) whose DVD drive and display stopped working about a year after applecare had run out, prompting me to get a new laptop.

Yeah, tfb the only Mac I've ever had actual real problems with was the G5 tower I bought off eBay. Never again. Can't wait to get my G4 tower up here to Canada, been lugging that old reliable thing around forever.

Flex wrote:I am pretty sure I can power up my Performa 630 and rock out to some System 7.5 when I get home, that is if I had a monitor that still worked with it.

oh man memories brah memories, Specter Supreme amirite
Invisusira

Previous

Return to General