Remove Advertisements

Weird flight point progression

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Weird flight point progression

Postby Dianora » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:11 am

I'm leveling my gnome priest quite nicely, and I managed to get my Mr. Grubbs on the third extra loot bag. After I hit level 45, I was summoned to go to Light's Hope Chapel to hitch a ride to Badland for the next quest zone. The rocket ride was long but uneventful, and I landed on Fuselight by the Sea, and a short teleporter away to Fuselight. Unfortunately, for me, if I want to go back to Ironforge, the flight path now go ALL the way to Light's Hope Chapel and then circle back down to Ironforge.

I guess I need to run to Thorium Point and pick up that flight point.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Re: Weird flight point progression

Postby Senador » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 am

There is a similar one like that for Horde in Desolace. There are two in the north end of the zone, one with the Blood Elf camp in the Northwest, and another next to a druid in the North East.

Until you get the connecting flight point, the fight path takes you from Desolace to Stonetalon to Ashenvale to Northern Barrens to Thunderbluff back to Desolace...
Senador

Postby Karnadas » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:28 am

I saw this screenshot on Wowbash today.
Karnadas

Postby Pizbit » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:33 am

Good thing they didn't want to go to western BT...
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:41 am

Ordinary quest progression in Wetlands goes Slabchisel Survey (southeast) -> Menethil Harbor (far west, you get a free ride) -> (hub with no FP) -> Whelgar's Retreat (central) -> Greenwarden's Grove (east)

After a quest from Whelgar's Retreat sent me so I was closer to Slabchisel's Survey when I finished, I decided to fly back. Turns out if you don't have Greenwarden's Grove that flight goes south to Loch Modan, north and directly past the point it started, flies right past Whelgar's Retreat on the way to Menethil, then spins round and takes you back to land.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3537/scenicroute.jpg
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:04 pm

I'm guessing with all the new FP's that have been added the routing system is even more complex than before.
Its quite an interesting (and surprisingly complex) branch of mathematics.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Zalaria » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:26 am

masterpoobaa wrote:I'm guessing with all the new FP's that have been added the routing system is even more complex than before.
Its quite an interesting (and surprisingly complex) branch of mathematics.

A lot of it is due to their pre-defined paths for flightpaths. If their paths go say...

Code: Select all
A - B
|   |
|   |
|   |
E-D-C

...and you're at E, don't have D, and want to go to C, your only option is E->A->B->C which seems very roundabout.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Return to General