Remove Advertisements

Cataclysm: Leveling by istancing

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Cataclysm: Leveling by istancing

Postby cerwillis » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:54 pm

You guys can sort through the bone piles, I'll be makin' em.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:52 pm

cerwillis wrote:You guys can sort through the bone piles, I'll be makin' em.

/levels skinner to follow Cerwillis
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Been playing on a low level Blefadin toon (now L20).
Levels just fly by with a few heirlooms.
Low level dungeons have had major makeovers, quests all inside the dungeon now.
If you get a good group its all gogogo, with good quality blue rewards.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Treck » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Worldie wrote:As we all know, quest zones will be fucking overwhelmed in the first days of Cata. So I thought i may get a dedicated 5 men group and farm istances. Is this a viable strategy, or the istance exp is very little like for wotlk, thus i'd better stick with trying to ninja NPCs from the mass?

In early beta Instance leveling was incredibly fast.
It took less than 8 hours getting up to 85 with instances, however copied chars had a lot of rested that speeds it up drasticly.
However, recently they reduced gained XP from lowerlvl mobs by A LOT, making instancing really only viable if you move instance each time you level up, so you cannot stay in an instance your a lvl or 2 above just cuz it goes fast, since it will give so low XP.
So you rather have to move along to another instance that will take time learning how to do fast and efficient, but also giving you a greater challenge, making it all a lot slower than questing.
Instancing up to maybe 82 is prolly a viable idea, making you able to jump right into another zone that hopefully is less crouded, and also your still "good" geared when your doing those instances, making them a lot easier without replacing gear.
Treck

Postby degre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:33 am

Worldie wrote:Hello there! I'm asking this question to most beta users.

As we all know, quest zones will be fucking overwhelmed in the first days of Cata. So I thought i may get a dedicated 5 men group and farm istances. Is this a viable strategy, or the istance exp is very little like for wotlk, thus i'd better stick with trying to ninja NPCs from the mass?

Secondary related question: Where can i find informations of where all the dungeons are located?

There was a thread about it somewhere which I'm too lazy to fish (guess you too :lol: ), but as far as I remember questing relies heavily on phasing, so if you're scared about overcrowded areas, just be there right at the opening and with your party do right away all the quest available, being grouped should make faster doing the killing quests, then get phased and start leaving people behind.

You could give it a try and see if it's actually viable for you, worst can happen you go to the istance half an hour later if the area is still too congested after you phase.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:56 am

degre wrote:
Worldie wrote:Hello there! I'm asking this question to most beta users.

As we all know, quest zones will be fucking overwhelmed in the first days of Cata. So I thought i may get a dedicated 5 men group and farm istances. Is this a viable strategy, or the istance exp is very little like for wotlk, thus i'd better stick with trying to ninja NPCs from the mass?

Secondary related question: Where can i find informations of where all the dungeons are located?

There was a thread about it somewhere which I'm too lazy to fish (guess you too :lol: ), but as far as I remember questing relies heavily on phasing, so if you're scared about overcrowded areas, just be there right at the opening and with your party do right away all the quest available, being grouped should make faster doing the killing quests, then get phased and start leaving people behind.

You could give it a try and see if it's actually viable for you, worst can happen you go to the istance half an hour later if the area is still too congested after you phase.

This will depend heavily on how populated your server is, IMO.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Previous

Return to General