Going for any realm firsts?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Going for any realm firsts?

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm contemplating going for realm first herbalist on my DK farmer. With the herb gloves from alliance enchanted for gathering and the tauren racial, I'll have an automatic 25 skill point advantage on people doing it w/o augmentations.

I plan on having my hearth set to tanaris, have my gloves on and ready to go and be camped at the herbalism trainer the night before. Log in, train, fly to the flightmaster and get "old weather flying", then herb in storm peaks until I hit 475. Hearth to Tanaris and then fly to Uldum and farm whiptail on the riverbanks to 525.

I think I actually have a pretty good shot at this considering a lot of players will likely be travelling to Hyjal to herb and that travel time will hurt.

Do you guys have any aspirations of getting realm firsts for anything?
Chunes

Re: Going for any realm firsts?

Postby Braundo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:33 pm

I had contemplated it, but I have to work the next morning and I really don't feel like staying up all night just for some random profession realm first. I probably wouldn't get it anyway -- all it takes is one crazy dedicated guy with a raid group full of helpers that clear out mobs for him (or whatever) to ruin your chances at something like that.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:17 pm

I may be silly enough to try realm first fisherman.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby halabar » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:50 pm

If I had the day off, and if my wife was out of town, yeah.. :? (I could take the day off, but then I'd have to send my wife shopping.. that would be expensive..)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Braundo wrote:I had contemplated it, but I have to work the next morning and I really don't feel like staying up all night just for some random profession realm first. I probably wouldn't get it anyway -- all it takes is one crazy dedicated guy with a raid group full of helpers that clear out mobs for him (or whatever) to ruin your chances at something like that.

Fortunately, herbalism isn't too dependent on that sort of thing. From the various sources I've been researching, many nodes are accessible w/o risk of aggroing every bears.
Chunes

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:11 pm

I've got the week off for an attempt at realm first 85... but I don't really expect to succeed.
Belloc

Postby lythac » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Chunes wrote:
Braundo wrote:I had contemplated it, but I have to work the next morning and I really don't feel like staying up all night just for some random profession realm first. I probably wouldn't get it anyway -- all it takes is one crazy dedicated guy with a raid group full of helpers that clear out mobs for him (or whatever) to ruin your chances at something like that.

Fortunately, herbalism isn't too dependent on that sort of thing. From the various sources I've been researching, many nodes are accessible w/o risk of aggroing every bears.

Don't Druid herbalists still have an advantage or does Crusader Aura trump picking in flight form?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby fudomyou » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:07 pm

My guildies and I are going to make an organized effort (but not mad dash) to get realm 1st 85 in Paladin, Priest, and Rogue. We are treating it like a fun race, though, and not a drive to show off guild e-peen. Just some healthy competition while we shoot the breeze on Vent.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Non » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:26 pm

lythac wrote:
Chunes wrote:

Don't Druid herbalists still have an advantage or does Crusader Aura trump picking in flight form?

Tauren druids! 15+ skill and 0.5sec herb timer. You can land and herb in flightform before the mobs have time to turn around and aggro.
**"It's no secret that any correspondence between what Non says and the truth is purely coincidental"
Non

Postby Passionario » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:38 am

Chunes wrote:I'm contemplating going for realm first herbalist on my DK farmer. With the herb gloves from alliance enchanted for gathering and the tauren racial, I'll have an automatic 25 skill point advantage on people doing it w/o augmentations.

I plan on having my hearth set to tanaris, have my gloves on and ready to go and be camped at the herbalism trainer the night before. Log in, train, fly to the flightmaster and get "old weather flying", then herb in storm peaks until I hit 475. Hearth to Tanaris and then fly to Uldum and farm whiptail on the riverbanks to 525.

I think I actually have a pretty good shot at this considering a lot of players will likely be travelling to Hyjal to herb and that travel time will hurt.

That's my plan as well, except that my enchanted-glove-wearing Tauren is a druid.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Xenix » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:14 am

lythac wrote:Don't Druid herbalists still have an advantage or does Crusader Aura trump picking in flight form?

Their constant flying form is a bit of an advantage, but I might try this since I saved a broom mount from the Halloween event inside its loot-filled pumpkin so the duration never went down. That means I will have two weeks of instant mount at 310% speed + crusader + Aura Mastery, which should make me able to gather herbs faster than a (non-Tauren) druid.
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

Postby culhag » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:50 am

Xenix wrote:I saved a broom mount from the Halloween event inside its loot-filled pumpkin so the duration never went down.

Clever.
Even for questing it's very useful as you can mount up between every mob.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Protigy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:14 am

Realm First! Level 85 Paladin inc!

Going for Realm First! Illustrious Cooking, but lacking a Chef's Hat, so without near instant cooking, I'm not sure how it will work. Already have more than enough items for 450-525 Cooking (see: Pre-Cata Fishes!). Keeping my fingers crossed!
Protigy
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 am

culhag wrote:
Xenix wrote:I saved a broom mount from the Halloween event inside its loot-filled pumpkin so the duration never went down.

Clever.
Even for questing it's very useful as you can mount up between every mob.

I agree! That's very clever. I wish I'd thought of it myself. I kept a pumpkin for the end of hallows and had 2 extra weeks of broomy goodness but I didn't realize the pumpkins didn't disappear at the end of the holiday. Got nailed too many times with holiday goods going boom at the end of it that I just didn't think...

Nice work.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Nalyn » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 am

Synthesis wrote:Realm First! Level 85 Paladin inc!

I missed getting the realm first 80 Paladin by about half a level, and I started late (I started the afternoon/evening things went live). So I figure this time, I'll make a bit more concerted effort, and see what happens, I'm sure I won't get it, but I also won't be kicking myself for missing it by a small amount either.
Nalyn

Next

Return to General