Remove Advertisements

Quickest way for a L1 horde toon to get to a Neutral AH?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Quickest way for a L1 horde toon to get to a Neutral AH?

Postby PsiVen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:43 pm

sally wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I was going to suggest about that - die, spirit run to Ratchet (faster movement while dead and no chance of getting killed on the way), take the boat, then res at Booty Bay.

I'm pretty sure you resurrect at the Spirit Healer nearest to your corpse, regardless of what Spirit Healer you ask for said resurrection.

Yeah, I think this was fixed in like... patch 1.06 or something.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:43 pm

You could totally res in Dalaran if you took a boat up there as a ghost.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby rodos » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Or you could just fork out $3/mo for the remote auction house and never leave Org.
rodos

Postby Chunes » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 am

PsiVen wrote:
sally wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:I was going to suggest about that - die, spirit run to Ratchet (faster movement while dead and no chance of getting killed on the way), take the boat, then res at Booty Bay.

I'm pretty sure you resurrect at the Spirit Healer nearest to your corpse, regardless of what Spirit Healer you ask for said resurrection.

Yeah, I think this was fixed in like... patch 1.06 or something.

Nah, I successfully ghost ran from SW to BB not more than 2 months ago. I'll be sad if they have really changed this though.
Chunes

Postby ck5uperman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:07 pm

Not sure if this was posted, but I start a character near Org, get a port to Dal, take the CoT portal and run to Gadghet. You will die on your run to Gadghet from the CoT port in, but can likely make it with only 4 deaths by maximizing your ressurection distance each time.
ck5uperman

Postby rodos » Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:43 pm

ck5uperman wrote:Not sure if this was posted, but I start a character near Org, get a port to Dal, take the CoT portal and run to Gadghet. You will die on your run to Gadghet from the CoT port in, but can likely make it with only 4 deaths by maximizing your ressurection distance each time.

And when that last scorpid is chasing you and you're about to die and the guards rush out and smash it, you will get a big grin on your face. :D
rodos

Postby Palisade » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:48 am

rodos wrote:
ck5uperman wrote:Not sure if this was posted, but I start a character near Org, get a port to Dal, take the CoT portal and run to Gadghet. You will die on your run to Gadghet from the CoT port in, but can likely make it with only 4 deaths by maximizing your ressurection distance each time.

And when that last scorpid is chasing you and you're about to die and the guards rush out and smash it, you will get a big grin on your face. :D

So /anyone/ can use the Dalaran CoT portal?
Palisade

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:47 am

i was going to say find a friendly 80 with eihte rhte tundra travelers mammoth or a rocket (edit: or a chopper)

10g on my lvl 13 lock (they grow up so fast) and i got all the FPs from Westfall to BB

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:27 pm

bldavis wrote:i was going to say find a friendly 80 with eihte rhte tundra travelers mammoth or a rocket (edit: or a chopper)

10g on my lvl 13 lock (they grow up so fast) and i got all the FPs from Westfall to BB

Cheater! :D (Actually, that's extremely elegant. I'll have to try and remember it)
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:21 pm

They key to spirit travel is that you need to pass through a loading screen to get around the spirit rez at nearest GY to corpse.

I successfully ran my Twink hunter from Durotar to Azuremyst at level 13 thanks to a gnome killing me in ashenvale. Road the boat dead, arrived on the island after the loading screen, ran to furbolg cave, rezzed, tamed, hearthed. 3 years ago.

I have made similar treks on several lowbie characters now going all over the world.

If you don't pass through a loading screen, just log and relog. Loading screen severs the cord to the "closest" GY.
Shoju

Postby masterpoobaa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:19 pm

I did that and it did not work - possibly not any longer.
I died in the barrens.
Ran to ratchet, got the boat accross and saw the loading screen.
Ran to the BB spirit healer, logged out and back in for good measure, clicked spirit for rez, and got sent back to the barrens.

So i just stuck to the main roads, going through crossroads.
Avoided most mobs, used my hunters pet to distract 1 or 2 others that went for me.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby rodos » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:48 pm

Palisade wrote:
rodos wrote:

So /anyone/ can use the Dalaran CoT portal?

I believe so. The NPC in Shattrath will only talk to you if you have sufficient rep with Keepers of Time, but Dalaran has both an NPC and a regular portal.
rodos

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:34 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:I did that and it did not work - possibly not any longer.
I died in the barrens.
Ran to ratchet, got the boat accross and saw the loading screen.
Ran to the BB spirit healer, logged out and back in for good measure, clicked spirit for rez, and got sent back to the barrens.

So i just stuck to the main roads, going through crossroads.
Avoided most mobs, used my hunters pet to distract 1 or 2 others that went for me.

will check it out tonight. Odd that they canned it :(
Shoju

Previous

Return to General