Remove Advertisements

Severed essences in ICC have become OP

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Severed essences in ICC have become OP

Postby Vaxas » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:23 pm

Was running ICC 10 the other night (post shattering patch) when we came across the 2 valk pulls before the wings split off.

Blew the 1st one up no problem, and the 2nd for that mater...then BAM raid wipe.

Looking at the combat logs one of the severed essence's cast "Reign on Fire" to the tune of 70-85k PER member. HAHA

My 1st guess is this might have something to do with the re tooling of guards and npc's as such to be lvl 85. Maybe thats a Coefficient in the strength of the essence's spawned. Not sure, was pretty funny though

On a related note, if your working on the insanity rep grind and are currently hated with the gobs do NOT under any circumstances fly into booty bay. Its not pretty :/
Vaxas

Re: Severed essences in ICC have become OP

Postby Noradin » Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:54 pm

Vaxas wrote:On a related note, if your working on the insanity rep grind and are currently hated with the gobs do NOT under any circumstances fly into booty bay. Its not pretty :/

What? Do they hate you? Gank yon and camp your corpse? xD
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Chicken » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:15 pm

Noradin wrote:
Vaxas wrote:On a related note, if your working on the insanity rep grind and are currently hated with the gobs do NOT under any circumstances fly into booty bay. Its not pretty :/

I'm guessing the bruisers got boosted to level 85.

The issue with the Severed Essences that come from Warlocks is actually a generic issue with the Rain of Chaos spell that we've noticed. I did a random BT run yesterday, and the Illidari Defilers and Illidari Painbringers had the same thing going on with the AoE being strong enough to one-shot everyone. I wonder if it applies to the various random mobs out in the TBC world as well, because if so, that'd make leveling there a bit more exciting than it used to be.
Chicken

Postby Noradin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:43 am

Chicken wrote:
Noradin wrote:

I'm guessing the bruisers got boosted to level 85.

Thats what I thought, too.

Chicken wrote:The issue with the Severed Essences that come from Warlocks is actually a generic issue with the Rain of Chaos spell that we've noticed. I did a random BT run yesterday, and the Illidari Defilers and Illidari Painbringers had the same thing going on with the AoE being strong enough to one-shot everyone. I wonder if it applies to the various random mobs out in the TBC world as well, because if so, that'd make leveling there a bit more exciting than it used to be.

Might have something to do with the bugfix for rain of fire. It did't scale with sp anymore and now it is said to do the damage it should for warlocks again. Maybe they messed up again and didn't fix the scaling with sp but accidental made it scale with something else? I mean it sure must be quite difficult to repair since shadow priests have the same bug with their only aoe spell and blizzard can't seem to get around to do something for months. (It does a static 950 damage per tick (3s) and mob that is around the one you target but not the mob itself in ICC with an itemlevel of 277. Shadows are using Holy Nova now.).
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Pizbit » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Noradin wrote:Might have something to do with the bugfix for rain of fire. It did't scale with sp anymore and now it is said to do the damage it should for warlocks again. Maybe they messed up again and didn't fix the scaling with sp but accidental made it scale with something else? I mean it sure must be quite difficult to repair since shadow priests have the same bug with their only aoe spell and blizzard can't seem to get around to do something for months. (It does a static 950 damage per tick (3s) and mob that is around the one you target but not the mob itself in ICC with an itemlevel of 277. Shadows are using Holy Nova now.).

Not damaging the target isn't a bug, mind sear isn't supposed to damage the mob it is cast on and never has. Tthe damage not scaling is a different matter, I know it used to.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48045
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Noradin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:33 am

Pizbit wrote:
Noradin wrote:Might have something to do with the bugfix for rain of fire. It did't scale with sp anymore and now it is said to do the damage it should for warlocks again. Maybe they messed up again and didn't fix the scaling with sp but accidental made it scale with something else? I mean it sure must be quite difficult to repair since shadow priests have the same bug with their only aoe spell and blizzard can't seem to get around to do something for months. (It does a static 950 damage per tick (3s) and mob that is around the one you target but not the mob itself in ICC with an itemlevel of 277. Shadows are using Holy Nova now.).

Not damaging the target isn't a bug, mind sear isn't supposed to damage the mob it is cast on and never has. Tthe damage not scaling is a different matter, I know it used to.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=48045

I know, but doing 950 damage every 3s while having 5k spelldamage (procs up) definively is.
It should be slightly stronger per mob than other AoE effects since it always hits one mob less (and it was before it became buggy).
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Chunes » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:27 am

The BT mobs that do the same spell were raping us last night as well. Also, random mobs in BT would hit to the tune of 60k or so. One of our rogues was thoroughly pissed off after his 10th death to this.

Many lulz were had.
Chunes

Postby sally » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:17 am

Chunes wrote:The BT mobs that do the same spell were raping us last night as well. Also, random mobs in BT would hit to the tune of 60k or so. One of our rogues was thoroughly pissed off after his 10th death to this.

Many lulz were had.

This happened to us aswell last night. We were even killed frequently without being near any of the mobs that use the spell.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
sally

Return to General