The best Shattering change

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The best Shattering change

Postby Njall » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:18 pm

halabar wrote:
Chunes wrote:One does not simply fly into Orgrimmar...

One preferably carpet-bombs...

I do know one fellow who is Tailoring/Engineering but I think we'd need dozens...
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:27 pm

Njall wrote:
halabar wrote:
Chunes wrote:One does not simply fly into Orgrimmar...

One preferably carpet-bombs...

I do know one fellow who is Tailoring/Engineering but I think we'd need dozens...

Speaking of which... saw another confirmation that the new "mote" extractor only works when you are gathering, so for engineering to be optimal, you need to combine it with a gathering profession. And you only get Volatile Air from it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 pm

halabar wrote:Speaking of which... saw another confirmation that the new "mote" extractor only works when you are gathering, so for engineering to be optimal, you need to combine it with a gathering profession. And you only get Volatile Air from it.

The question that I have is: What other way (besides killing elementals) is there to get the volatile air? On beta, I never got it from doing anything besides the few air elementals I killed.

I'm not saying that it will be some major "boon" in the market, but, I still see it as a nice bonus, especially since one of the most common ENG parts requires it. (electrified ether)

I plan on making a mint on my Alchemists on Truegold.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:00 pm

Shoju wrote:
halabar wrote:Speaking of which... saw another confirmation that the new "mote" extractor only works when you are gathering, so for engineering to be optimal, you need to combine it with a gathering profession. And you only get Volatile Air from it.

The question that I have is: What other way (besides killing elementals) is there to get the volatile air? On beta, I never got it from doing anything besides the few air elementals I killed.

I'm not saying that it will be some major "boon" in the market, but, I still see it as a nice bonus, especially since one of the most common ENG parts requires it. (electrified ether)

I plan on making a mint on my Alchemists on Truegold.

Don't Elementium Veins drop it?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Digren » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Chunes wrote:
culhag wrote:Hehe, imagine saying that to a hunter 5 years ago. One day you'll be so powerful you'll have Chromaggus as a pet.

Bricks would be shat, no doubt.

I was thinking about that the other day actually. If you went back in time to vanilla in your BiS T10 shit and was like "Greetings mother f*ckers, sorry to crash your MC run, but I'm from the effing future. Guess what? you can SOLO this crap at my level. You know that crazy second boss in BWL, the huge red dragon guy? Yeah you can kill him with 3 people. Also, see this rogue I brought with me? Yeah, he can do more damage than your ENTIRE RAID COMBINED, by himself. Well, we're headed back to the future. Have a nice raid."

Heh, we thought about something like this a last year. Our raid was roflstomping through a Sarth3D run, and we'd just about finished clearing the trash. After killing the last 2-patrol, I mounted up on my motorcycle and drove right towards the nearest cliff, heading down to the last four-pack. Halfway down, flying through the air, I dismounted my chopper and threw an avenger's shield at the pack, then landed in the middle of them and hammered. All of this was totally absent-minded of me, by the way. Just doing my job.

Anyway our raid leader was like, "Damn Digs, think about what it felt like back in Molten Core when you were chain buffing and cleansing. Can you IMAGINE what the raid would think if they saw you jump your chopper off a cliff and throw your shield into a pack of mobs?"
Digren

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Don't Elementium Veins drop it?

Hopefully mining/engineering ftw...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Chunes » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:50 pm

Digren wrote:
Chunes wrote:Anyway our raid leader was like, "Damn Digs, think about what it felt like back in Molten Core when you were chain buffing and cleansing. Can you IMAGINE what the raid would think if they saw you jump your chopper off a cliff and throw your shield into a pack of mobs?"

Now it's my turn to rofl some copters :P

I also think it would be fun to crash an alliance MC raid "back to the future" style and watch them boggle at the fact that I was a cow paladin. Though, since they wouldn't really know about the belf lore and all that, I guess it might not be too impressive.

Still, horde paladin, wtf?
Chunes

Postby Braundo » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:08 pm

"Don't worry, you guys will get shamans too, but they'll be space goats from another planet who crash landed on Azeroth in their spaceship."
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Ulrik » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:01 am

I have no idea when this happened but we can now cast judgement, avenger's shield, and shield of the righteous Silenced!
Ulrik

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:45 pm

The quests in Hillsbrad are quite possibly the most entertaining quests I have ever done in the six years this game has existed. Also all the extra cutscenes included in the quests is really great as well.
Teranoid

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Whats this? Where is that Hillsbrad quest hub? dotn say Hillsbrad either!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Njall » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Its a horde only zone these days. There's a nasty, nasty set of quests at what USED to be Hillbrad Fields and another hub at Southshore's putrid remains. And the quests in Silverpine accomplished one thing: I actually felt some respect for Garrosh and Sylvanis is... well... she's GOTTA go.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:32 pm

I never understood how Garrosh can be hailed as a hero for doing what he see's as the best for his people no matter the means or cost, but Sylvanas is considered an evil bitch that has to go for doing exactly the same thing.

PS Vol'jin for warchief.
Levantine

Postby Braundo » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:56 pm

I believe The Shattering book explained that Garrosh has charisma, and he's extremely popular with the Orcish people, especially those that want to see a return to the glory days of the Horde. I doubt Sylvanas is nearly as popular, especially with all of the stuff the Forsaken have pulled in the past.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:21 pm

Levantine wrote:I never understood how Garrosh can be hailed as a hero for doing what he see's as the best for his people no matter the means or cost, but Sylvanas is considered an evil bitch that has to go for doing exactly the same thing.

PS Vol'jin for warchief.

Through Garrosh's actions in some of the quests I've done I've somewhat altered my view of him. He does seem to want to do what is best for his people as well as the Horde on the whole but obviously he doesn't see or treat things the same way Thrall does. I was especially surprised with what transpires at the end of the quests in Stonetalon (I won't mention any specifics as not to spoil it for people who have not done them yet).

And yeah.. I wouldn't trust Sylvanas from that standpoint either considering it was her "allies" who caused that clusterfuck at the Wrathgate.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General