Remove Advertisements

The best Shattering change

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: The best Shattering change

Postby Paxen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:53 am

Braundo wrote:I believe The Shattering book explained that Garrosh has charisma, and he's extremely popular with the Orcish people, especially those that want to see a return to the glory days of the Horde. I doubt Sylvanas is nearly as popular, especially with all of the stuff the Forsaken have pulled in the past.

The Forsaken seem to be generally fanatically loyal to Sylvanas, so I think they're in a pretty similar position - both popular with their people, but distrusted by their allies. I haven't done any tauren-related quests yet, but the trolls are pretty upset.

Garrosh, Sylvanas - pick who you think is the coolest, because they're both thinking of their own first and damn everybody else.
Paxen

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:21 am

I'm expecting the development of Garrosh to eventually build toward him showing his worth as Warchief by confronting Sylvanas.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Njall » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:59 am

Paxen wrote:
The Forsaken seem to be generally fanatically loyal to Sylvanas, so I think they're in a pretty similar position - both popular with their people, but distrusted by their allies. I haven't done any tauren-related quests yet, but the trolls are pretty upset.

Garrosh, Sylvanas - pick who you think is the coolest, because they're both thinking of their own first and damn everybody else.

They haven't figured out they are as enslaved to her as the sentient members of the Scourge were to Arthas.

Sylvanas will remain popular or increase in her popularity amoung the "LOOKITMEIMEVEEEEEEEVIL" fanbase.
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Njall » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:02 am

Teranoid wrote:
Levantine wrote:I never understood how Garrosh can be hailed as a hero for doing what he see's as the best for his people no matter the means or cost, but Sylvanas is considered an evil bitch that has to go for doing exactly the same thing.

PS Vol'jin for warchief.

Through Garrosh's actions in some of the quests I've done I've somewhat altered my view of him. He does seem to want to do what is best for his people as well as the Horde on the whole but obviously he doesn't see or treat things the same way Thrall does. I was especially surprised with what transpires at the end of the quests in Stonetalon (I won't mention any specifics as not to spoil it for people who have not done them yet).

And yeah.. I wouldn't trust Sylvanas from that standpoint either considering it was her "allies" who caused that clusterfuck at the Wrathgate.

Do the Silverpine and Hillsbrad quest chains. Then the ones in Stonetalon. Then get back to me on the difference between Garrosh and the bitch queen. And after some of the scripted events in the Worgen starting zone, I'm not entirely sure about Putress's 'disloyalty'....
Flight to Peru: £1000
Camping gear: £200
Native guide: £50
Sledgehammer to break down stone door: £12.99
Awakening one of the Great Old Ones: priceless.

There are some things man was not meant to know. For everything else,
there's Mastercard.
Njall
Maintankadonor

Postby Boneweaver » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:40 am

Honestly? Just give Vol'Jin a second arrow. :twisted:
Boneweaver

Postby Noradin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:51 pm

Wherever Orcs, Goblins or Forsaken go destruction seems to follow? Does Garrosh think he gets yet another planet/world after he made the Horde destroy this one?
I still don't understand how the Horde isn't at war with Dalaran, Cenarion Circle and the Red Dragonflight as they allied themselves with the Dragonmaw whom Alexstrasza doesn't like very much, Goblins are sure to upset Cenarion Circle and the Forsaken outright attacked territories of Dalaran (Ambermill).
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Levantine » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:00 pm

Njall wrote:
Teranoid wrote:
Levantine wrote:I never understood how Garrosh can be hailed as a hero for doing what he see's as the best for his people no matter the means or cost, but Sylvanas is considered an evil bitch that has to go for doing exactly the same thing.

PS Vol'jin for warchief.

Through Garrosh's actions in some of the quests I've done I've somewhat altered my view of him. He does seem to want to do what is best for his people as well as the Horde on the whole but obviously he doesn't see or treat things the same way Thrall does. I was especially surprised with what transpires at the end of the quests in Stonetalon (I won't mention any specifics as not to spoil it for people who have not done them yet).

And yeah.. I wouldn't trust Sylvanas from that standpoint either considering it was her "allies" who caused that clusterfuck at the Wrathgate.

Do the Silverpine and Hillsbrad quest chains. Then the ones in Stonetalon. Then get back to me on the difference between Garrosh and the bitch queen. And after some of the scripted events in the Worgen starting zone, I'm not entirely sure about Putress's 'disloyalty'....

I have. I still don't see how Sylvanas and Garrosh are any different in their long term urges to save their people.
Levantine

Postby Zobel » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:23 am

Levantine wrote:I have. I still don't see how Sylvanas and Garrosh are any different in their long term urges to save their people.

But, but, Sylvanas has boobies. Completely different!
Zobel

Previous

Return to General